• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

TF Community New Update 5th July 2024: New Features, Problems & Troubleshooting

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hi all TFCians,

We have updated your favorite TechnoFino Community with the latest features and design. As you know, it's normal to experience some bugs and problems after an upgrade. That's why we are creating this thread for reporting bugs and problems.

Features we have added:
  1. Username & Password-less Sign-in option.
  2. Improved performance.
  3. Trending Threads.
  4. Better Search Engine.
  5. Direct Message Search Facility.
  6. PWA app auto rotate ...and more.
Here, I'm attaching a video (screen recording) showing how to use the passkey feature (username & password-less sign-in):

View attachment Screen_Recording_20240706_163139_Samsung Internet.mp4

Problems we have already identified:

1. Login page was not opening - Fixed.
  2. Search was not working properly - Fixed.
  3. For some mobile users, the top header menu is not fitting on the screen - Fixed
  4. No option to minimize forum categories on home page - Fixed
If you are facing any other issues, please post them here.

Update [August 1, 2024]:
All the highlighted problems and a few other issues have been fixed in today's upgrade. Please let us know by posting a comment here if you find any new bugs.

Last edited:
Hi all TFCians,

We have updated your favorite TechnoFino Community with the latest features and design. As you know, it's normal to experience some bugs and problems after an upgrade. That's why we are creating this thread for reporting bugs and problems.

Features we have added:
  2. Improved performance.
  3. Trending Threads.
  4. Better Search Engine.
  5. Direct Message Search Facility. ...and more.
Here, I'm attaching a video (screen recording) showing how to use the passkey feature (username & password-less sign-in):

View attachment 59984

3. For some mobile users, the top header menu is not fitting on the screen - Not fixed. We request such users to post their mobile model so we can get a better idea.
Good work ...Well done..

I am using chrome app in iOS. If I open a menu by clicking any icon like the notification or dark mode button, the page starts to auto-scroll downwards. Hope these bugs are fixed for a better user experience.
I am getting the error in iPhone.

iOS version 17.5.1
Chrome browser version 126.0.6478.153

Hi all TFCians,

Features we have added:
  2. Improved performance.
  3. Trending Threads.
  4. Better Search Engine.
  5. Direct Message Search Facility. ...and more.

View attachment 59984

3. For some mobile users, the top header menu is not fitting on the screen - Not fixed. We request such users to post their mobile model so we can get a better idea.
My suggestion:

The order of "Trending posts" and " "Latest Posts" should be re-arranged..

Currently it is:
1) Trending Posts
2) Latest Posts
3) Profile posts

How it should be in my view:
1) Latest Posts
2) Trending Posts
3) Profile posts..

Reason being: It seems Treding posts seem to be there for some time constantly and the list is only going to change after considerable amount of time
where as Latest Posts change very dynamially by every minute and need to be there in the first sight for a regular user..

Jut my 2 cents.

1720266473416.png

Has something on the top changed? Now there is a huge space of scree real estate getting wasted and the menu bar has been moved lower.

Attachments

• IMG_20240706_175058.jpg
    IMG_20240706_175058.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 20
Has something on the top changed? Now there is a huge space of scree real estate getting wasted and the menu bar has been moved lower.
The Technofino logo has been removed. It was a nice shortcut to the Home Screen. Probably it was done to accommodate the extra button of dark mode.

The Technofino logo has been removed. It was a nice shortcut to the Home Screen. Probably it was done to accommodate the extra button of dark mode.

Your right.. but I think dark mode should move down since no one will keep toggling that icon. And the logo should be bought back so that the space can be used. Scree space is precious!!

My suggestion:

Currently it is:
1) Trending Posts
2) Latest Posts
3) Profile posts

1) Latest Posts
2) Trending Posts
3) Profile posts..

Reason being: It seems Treding posts seem to be there for some time constantly and the list is only going to change after considerable amount of time
where as Latest Posts change very dynamially by every minute and need to be there in the first sight for a regular user..

Jut my 2 cents.

View attachment 59990
Yes this suggestion will be good. We will have more focus on Latest posts.

@TechnoFino

Reactions: SSV
I suffered through the login issue since the update for a long time, from the moment the site was back online. Reported and it was fixed soon enough.

The new mobile UI (right now) is good. Cleaner.

Passkey support is just icing on the cake. I suppose that was a Xenforo-level update?

For some mobile users, the top header menu is not fitting on the screen - Not fixed. We request such users to post their mobile model so we can get a better idea
Mobile - moto edge 30 ultra
It was fine until 2pm, after that I see this
The logo is used to jump to home screen after multiple threads/pages.
The dark mode option is not a regularly used option so it can be shifted back to bottom.
Screenshot_20240706-182212.png

Got the search button back but it screwed up the header with Technofino name. Suggest to use ... and create more buttons. Or move DM under user profile icon. This will be a better UX design

My suggestion:

Currently it is:
1) Trending Posts
2) Latest Posts
3) Profile posts

1) Latest Posts
2) Trending Posts
3) Profile posts..

Jut my 2 cents.

View attachment 59990
Updated with this.

@TechnoFino

I would say the navigation has become a bit inconvenient, specially for the smartphone user, after the recent UI changes.

1. As already flagged, the top header doesn't have the TF logo/home page icon to quickly jump to the home page. One has to keep scrolling up to reach the Technofino logo on the top of the header to go to the home page.

2. I am mostly interested in Latest Posts and Profile Posts sections which are placed towards the bottom of the page on the phone screen.

Earlier there was an option to minimize the General, Banking, Exclusive Content by TF, etc. sections. I used to keep all of them minimized. Now this option to minimize them has gone.

I have to scroll down a lot to reach the bottom of the page. This is not at all convenient.

Please bring back the option to minimize the sections.

Back