• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

TF Family Groups for Youtube Premium Subscriptions

YouTube Premium has got more expensive in India.
Individual plan:
Now - ₹149 per month
Previously - ₹129 per month
Student plan:
Now - ₹89 per month
Previously - ₹79 per month
Family plan:
Now - ₹299 per month
Previously - ₹189 per month
Individual prepaid monthly:
Now - ₹159
Previously - ₹139
Individual prepaid quarterly:
Now - ₹459
Previously - ₹399
Individual prepaid annual:
Now - ₹1490
Previously - ₹1290 enjoy 😁😂😁

YouTube hikes cost of premium plans in India, family pack fee rises around 58%​

I hope it will not affect already running plans.

I did a small calculation for my YouTube group (IRL friends) after the recent price hike and thought to share it here as well:

Old Scenario:

- The monthly price was ₹189.
- So, ₹189 × 12 = ₹2268 per year.

- This amount was divided among 6 people (1 manager and 5 members):

₹2268 ÷ 6 = ₹378/- per person for the entire year.

★ New Scenario:

- The monthly price is now ₹299.
- So, ₹299 × 12 = ₹3588 per year.

₹3588 ÷ 6 = ₹598/- per person for the entire year.

TL;DR: If you're going to create a new family group, your new annual charge will be ₹598 per person instead of the old rate of ₹378 per person.

For TF members: The price hike for the family plan is ₹110 per month, meaning each member now has to pay an extra ₹22/- per month to their managers for the remaining months.

Last edited:
Hello friends,

Hope everyone is doing well.

This message is regarding recent youtube membership price hike. Our yearly family membership price has increased by Rs 110 per month. So as your manager, I need to collect the excess fees for your annual membership.

Kindly send me Rs242 per membership for the remaining 11 months, to my upi id ( kindly see your private messages ) asap before the next month's membership starts.

If for some reason, if anyone wants to cancel their membership, i will remove their access and refund the remaining account. Hopefully nobody will cancel as it will affect the remaining members.

Kindly reply back asap. Cheers.

Copy to ;

@Toayraj
@karuturi24
@CARDiologist
@iamvk
@AllThatStuff

@SaTisHHHH
@Lakshya Mahani
@DesiBatman
@manvith18
@aparnahm

@vaibhav111
@660pjc0
@Lakshya Mahani
@xfactcc
@hussain418

I did a small calculation for my YouTube group (IRL friends) after the recent price hike and thought to share it here as well:

Old Scenario:

- The monthly price was ₹189.
- So, ₹189 × 12 = ₹2268 per year.

₹2268 ÷ 6 = ₹378/- per person for the entire year.

★ New Scenario:

- The monthly price is now ₹299.
- So, ₹299 × 12 = ₹3588 per year.

TL;DR: If you're going to create a new family group, your new annual charge will be ₹598 per person instead of the old rate of ₹378 per person.

For TF members: The price hike for the family plan is ₹110 per month, meaning each member now has to pay an extra ₹22/- per month to their managers for the remaining months.
It's ₹22 or extra ₹18 per month?

By my calculations,

Previously it was ₹32/month

Now the monthly rate is ₹50 for a family subscription of 6 people.

Which is ₹18 hike per month

For 1st group

@Toayraj
@karuturi24
@CARDiologist
@iamvk
@AllThatStuff

As these 5 members paid Rs. 384 for 5 memberships. Total price was Rs. 189 x 12 = Rs 2268. I received Rs. 1920 from 5 members, and i paid Rs. 348 from my pocket.

The 2nd and 3rd groups, paid Rs. 400 each. I received Rs. 2000 from 5 members, and i paid Rs. 268 from my pocket.

I am already willing to pay the extra amount for the whole year. But unfortunate youtube did a price hike of Rs. 110 per month for the family plan. Which is Rs 110 x 11 months remaining = Rs. 1210.

So i did a 5 members payment for all 3 groups, Rs. 1210 / 5 members = Rs. 242.

I am still playing the earlier extra charges by myself. I am only taking the extra price hike amount from you all.

Hope you all can understand the calculation and will agree to it.

Thank you ! :)

It's ₹22 or extra ₹18 per month?

By my calculations,

Previously it was ₹32/month

Now the monthly rate is ₹50 for a family subscription of 6 people.

Which is ₹18 hike per month
Both numbers are correct, it depends on what type of manager you have.

- If the manager is not using the premium and is only managing the group, each member should pay ₹22/- per month.

(110 is the total cost increase, so 110 ÷ 5 = 22 per member).

- If the manager is using the premium, then each member can pay ₹18, as 110 ÷ 6 = 18.33.

To be honest, it would be fair to pay ₹22/- extra per month to the manager, as he is managing the entire family group and paying YouTube every month, so other members don't have to suffer and everything goes smoothly. Paying ₹4 extra will not hurt you.

I wrote the calculation on the thread post above. I am only taking the extra price hike charges / 5 members per group. As I told everyone in the 1st post of this thread about the calculation and i will be paying for the extra 6th person. Now youtube done price hike, kindly dont include me to pay extra again 🙏🙂

Both numbers are correct, it depends on what type of manager you have.

- If the manager is not using the premium and is only managing the group, each member should pay ₹22/- per month.

(110 is the total cost increase, so 110 ÷ 5 = 22 per member).

- If the manager is using the premium, then each member can pay ₹18, as 110 ÷ 6 = 18.33.

To be honest, it would be fair to pay ₹22/- extra per month to the manager, as he is managing the entire family group and paying YouTube every month, so other members don't have to suffer and everything goes smoothly. Paying ₹4 extra will not hurt you.
I don't mind paying extra.

As I have only mentioned/clarified the calculation nothing else.

Also I am appreciating the managing work of @PrinceHeart

I wrote the calculation on the thread post above. I am only taking the extra price hike charges / 5 members per group. As I told everyone in the 1st post of this thread about the calculation and i will be paying for the extra 6th person. Now youtube done price hike, kindly dont include me to pay extra again 🙏🙂
You should not pay anything extra bud, these things are not under your control. People should co-operate more and if they notice the price hike carefully. Family plan was less affected than the individual plans.

Hello friends,

This message is regarding recent YouTube membership price hike. Our yearly family membership price has increased by Rs 110 per month. So I as your manager, I need to collect the excess fees for your annual membership.

Kindly send me Rs 220 per membership for the remaining 11 months, to my upi id ( kindly see your private messages ) asap before the next month's membership starts i.e. 13 Sep 2024.

If for some reason, if anyone wants to cancel their membership, i will remove their access and refund the remaining account. Hopefully nobody will cancel as it will affect the remaining members.

This amount was divided among 6 people (1 manager and 5 members):

Copy to:
1 and 2. @NewPlayer
3. @vengolf
4. @svijayan86
5. @tamizhventhan

Thank You.

Anyone interested in YouTube premium please DM me
- Don't want to waste much time on taking payments, so thinking of annual payment (amount and all we can discuss seperately)
- Need atleast 3 members
- Want no nonsense, just pay for it and enjoy

And if any member/manager is short of 1 member can also dm, I am available.
Interested in 2 family slots

Hello friends,

This message is regarding recent YouTube membership price hike. Our yearly family membership price has increased by Rs 110 per month. So I as your manager, I need to collect the excess fees for your annual membership.

Kindly send me Rs 220 per membership for the remaining 11 months, to my upi id ( kindly see your private messages ) asap before the next month's membership starts i.e. 13 Sep 2024.

This amount was divided among 6 people (1 manager and 5 members):

Copy to:
1 and 2. @NewPlayer
3. @vengolf
4. @svijayan86
5. @tamizhventhan

Thank You.
Sure bro..will send you

Back