• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

The best way(place) to buy MacBook

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can you please specify the model that you’re looking for? Like I recently saw that the Air M2 (16/256) was available for ₹89,990 at inspire inclusive of the ₹10,000 instant discount. If you could mention the model we’ll be able to help you better.

The best rewards would be through the Imagine Tresor via smartbuy (5x RP) and if you have good amount of HDFC rewards you’ll be able to extract the maximum value there. It depends if you hold a HDFC premium card or not. But it’ll be a bit more expensive than what you’d get at the Inspire store, Croma, reliance digital.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I wanted to know, where to buy MacBook from to get the best discount and also which card to use to extract the most rewards at the same time.
Any tips and tricks will help
All the suggestions are very welcomed by all the valuable community members.

@TechnoFino @007 @alphadark7 @ashwink @bhavyegoel @Bigde @Cryptopsycho @Dhruvit.S @financeNerdIN @hashiro7 @Kamal @nitrogenSingh @pointsminter @Subhankar @vaibhav111
@bhavyegoel have brought machbook, he might help here ..

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can you please specify the model that you’re looking for? Like I recently saw that the Air M2 (16/256) was available for ₹89,990 at inspire inclusive of the ₹10,000 instant discount. If you could mention the model we’ll be able to help you better.

The best rewards would be through the Imagine Tresor via smartbuy (5x RP) and if you have good amount of HDFC rewards you’ll be able to extract the maximum value there. It depends if you hold a HDFC premium card or not. But it’ll be a bit more expensive than what you’d get at the Inspire store, Croma, reliance digital.
I am mostly thinking of 16GB RAM and 512 SSD(if possible) it can be either Air or Pro I am fine.

Mohur

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am mostly thinking of 16GB RAM and 512 SSD(if possible) it can be either Air or Pro I am fine.
You don't get to choose RAM on Amazon. Most of the times it's 8GB model available on Amazon.

I think only official Apple website let's you choose configure how much ram and ssd you want.

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I was also exploring the same, i felt, 3/6 month no cost emi for magnus is best combination considering it allows reaching 1L milestone as well.
3 month provides a safety level in case of devaluation

suhailmz

TF Premier
I recently purchased MacBook M1 from Croma online. Got it at a good discount, final price 74k. I used my Regalia to get 10k instant discount & paid through 12 month no cost EMI. Even though I didn’t earn any reward points due to the EMI option, but I’ll take it any day as I have invested the 74k in 1 year FD with 7.5% interest rate :)

P.S. Regalia was otherwise offering me 1750 total reward points for non EMI transaction in this case.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
Since you tagged me,

Recently there was a deal on Flipkart of extra 10k off for student account + HDFC 10k off. It was round off to 70k for M1 by far the cheapest.

I bought a M1 for my friend few days back from Unicorn Apple (authorised reseller). They have a flat rate of 84k + 10k off on HDFC equals to 74k. Good deal with out anymore nonsense.

Since you're intrested in M2 they unicorn has a good deal there too. Check out if they are available in your city or they also do deliver.

Check out other premium resellers too. All mostly have same round about offers.

If you have a GSTIN number, then it's icing on the cake.

If your intrested in M1 the 70k price should come soon atleast on Flipkart since what i heard apple is about to release 14"/15" macbooks which will make M1 pretty old even though powerfull. So expect price drops

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Since you're intrested in M2 they unicorn has a good deal there too. Check out if they are available in your city or they also do deliver.
No, I don't need specifically M2, M1-Pro is also fine, the main requirement is 16 GB RAM and 512GB SSD.

krishc

TF Ace
My two friends recently have dived into apple ecosystem within the last one year - one bought a macbook pro and iPad, another bought iPad and iPhone 14 - from their experience what I've learnt is that discounts on apple products are pretty consistent across sellers especially if you've HDFC CC.
You can go to your nearest authorised seller store and you'll get the same deal as anywhere else.

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Like I spoke about M1 and M2 just use a little tricks like I said. If you want m1pro that's altogether different. It's v expensive in India.

In USA bestbuy Ive seen many times M1Pro for 1599$ steal deal. Just see if you can arrange from USA
Yes M1 pro is very costly in India compared to US :(

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
My two friends recently have dived into apple ecosystem within the last one year - one bought a macbook pro and iPad, another bought iPad and iPhone 14 - from their experience what I've learnt is that discounts on apple products are pretty consistent across sellers especially if you've HDFC CC.
You can go to your nearest authorised seller store and you'll get the same deal as anywhere else.
Thanks, @krishc
I went to one store, they didn't have 16 GB variant and anyways the price they quoted for 16GB one was quite high with just a 6% discount :(

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently purchased MacBook M1 from Croma online. Got it at a good discount, final price 74k. I used my Regalia to get 10k instant discount & paid through 12 month no cost EMI. Even though I didn’t earn any reward points due to the EMI option, but I’ll take it any day as I have invested the 74k in 1 year FD with 7.5% interest rate :)

P.S. Regalia was otherwise offering me 1750 total reward points for non EMI transaction in this case.
Thanks @suhailmz
croma is also showing most of the variant I am interested in as Out of stock only from many days or weeks

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I was also exploring the same, i felt, 3/6 month no cost emi for magnus is best combination considering it allows reaching 1L milestone as well.
3 month provides a safety level in case of devaluation
yes, that's a good thought process.

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You don't get to choose RAM on Amazon. Most of the times it's 8GB model available on Amazon.

I think only official Apple website let's you choose configure how much ram and ssd you want.
Yes amazon is having limited option too choose from

Vishnu

TF Select
Since you tagged me,

Recently there was a deal on Flipkart of extra 10k off for student account + HDFC 10k off. It was round off to 70k for M1 by far the cheapest.

I bought a M1 for my friend few days back from Unicorn Apple (authorised reseller). They have a flat rate of 84k + 10k off on HDFC equals to 74k. Good deal with out anymore nonsense.

Check out other premium resellers too. All mostly have same round about offers.

If you have a GSTIN number, then it's icing on the cake.

If your intrested in M1 the 70k price should come soon atleast on Flipkart since what i heard apple is about to release 14"/15" macbooks which will make M1 pretty old even though powerfull. So expect price drops
How do you know that they are authorised?
I called up apple and asked them who their authorised reseller are and they responded other than their official site only Amazon and Flipkart are authorised dealers.
The reason I did this is because I saw great discount on Itech website who also claim to be authorised reseller and tbh their website looks legit. But since I heard this from Apple executive I feel but uncomfortable to pay online and get the product. Bw Itech price for the M2 MacBook Air which I am looking for is ₹10000 lower than that of croma and other players, I also tried calling their number and they didn't pick up.
I also concerned whether they would sell a refurbished one instead of a new one.
Please let me know your thoughts.