• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Transaction Blocked] Mobikwik now accepting Amex for Rent Payment

Aditya12

TF Premier
I randomly opened Mobikwik today and noticed that it now accepts Amex for rent payment which it did not from the past few days.
The charges are around 2.36%

I don’t think amex charges any additional amount and since rent payments are not in exclusions for milestone and membership rewards, you should get that benefit.

Attachments

• IMG_1772.jpeg
    IMG_1772.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1773.jpeg
    IMG_1773.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 119
I called MobiKwik customer care because my rent payments were failing and they mentioned that AMEX cards are blocked for Rent pay. It can be used for wallet loading, bill pay and other services but not rent payment. So this officially means no service accepts AMEX cards for paying rent. Must be the high MDR or compliance issues of foreign based card issuers.
Even Phonepe shows Amex is accepted. But, when we try to go further to payment page it times out. When checked with Phonepe customer care they mentioned Amex cards can't be used for paying rent as per their internal terms. So, this looks to be no where Amex can be used for Rent payment currently.

Even Phonepe shows Amex is accepted. But, when we try to go further to payment page it times out. When checked with Phonepe customer care they mentioned Amex cards can't be used for paying rent as per their internal terms. So, this looks to be no where Amex can be used for Rent payment currently.
Phonepe actually clearly mentions it in their FAQs that AMEX is not accepted. And, honestly, I doubt it would change anytime in the near future. Without rent pay, it's damn difficult to hit their milestones because of their piss poor acceptance.

Last edited:
I randomly opened Mobikwik today and noticed that it now accepts Amex for rent payment which it did not from the past few days.

I don’t think amex charges any additional amount and since rent payments are not in exclusions for milestone and membership rewards, you should get that benefit.
Did you try to make the payment & did the payment go through ?
Rent payment on mobi*ik using amex was stopped a couple of months back !!!!!!!

Last month I paid Rs 2000 to my Dad using cred (not amex) just to check and it went through but I would not risk transferring to myself because that's a red flag for them. Not sure if you can do that in Mobikwik. From what I see though, it appears that it would not stop you from transferring to anyone.
If you want quick money, you can add money to paytm wallet and then transfer to a bank account, of course you'll loose around 2-2.5%. But remember, doing this regularly may get you temporarily banned.
Does Mobikwik allow credit card payments with money loaded from Amex? Are there any restrictions and additional charges?

Still not working for rent payments but work for wallet loading

What benefit does mobikwik gives on wallet loading vs paytm wallet? I'm thinking paytm is better
Jinko ko card se bank main paisa ko ghumana hai, mobikwik charges 2.95% for all card networks, while in Paytm it is 4.35% for visa, master & it's 4.65% for amex ! However, you do get cash back points & fuel balance worth ~1.5% with paytm if you have & activate that offer before loading. So that makes mobikwik better for loading, especially if done with amex !

Last edited:
nope
amex charges 3.95% on pytm
while 2.95% on mobikwik
also mobikikwik has some wallet loading offers which brings your cost even down
I'm guessing 3.95% coz you never done a wallet to bank transfer in Paytm ? If you have it shoots up to 4.65% for amex.
Absolutely right, 2.95% flat irrespective of what you do after loading.
Cashback of 75 of loading over 15,000 !

nope
while 2.95% on mobikwik
Paytm default loading charges for credit cards is 2.35% and for amex it is 2.65%. If you transferred more than 5k cash from Paytm wallet to bank in the last 3 months, Paytm levies an additional surcharge of 2%, taking it to 4.65% for amex.

If you don't transfer any amount to bank, then no surcharge is added to the default rates.

Also Paytm runs cashback offers of 1.5 to 3.35% upto 300, 3 times a month to fuel wallet, further reducing the net charges for a reasonable amount of money loaded.

nope
while 2.95% on mobikwik
I'm guessing 3.95% coz you never done a wallet to bank transfer in Paytm ? If you have it shoots up to 4.65% for amex.
Absolutely right, 2.95% flat irrespective of what you do after loading.
Cashback of 75 of loading over 15,000 !
Paytm also provides about 1.5 to 3 % rewards for loading.

If we don't do bank transfers Paytm is way better than mobikwik

mobikwik has default loading fees of 2.95% whether you rotate or not
Ofcourse, if we don't rotate, then Paytm is more attractive option given they give cashback as well, bringing it to net 1.15% for amex.

And Paytm still allows the *cough* utility *cough* payment 😉 without additional surcharge

Back