• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Transfer ER to cathay Pacific

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
Yes. But provided Cathay Pacific has released award seats to Partners Airlines.

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
I checked JAL requirements and its higher than Cathay - is there a way we convert ER to Asia Miles ?
ER -> Marriott Bonvoy -> Asia Miles

Will pretty much work out the same way.

magscas

TF Buzz
Thanks but this will have poor ratio right ? 5:4 to marriot and then 3:1 to Asia
You can transfer to ITC first with ratio of 5:4.4 including the 10% bonus. Then transferring to Marriot and to Cathay gives 5:2.2 ratio which is slightly better. You can compare this method against JAL requirement and see which one works out the best. However, ITC to Marriot conversion has a long waiting time and a quarterly cap as well at 15K. So it depends on your travel plan. Alternatively, you can also try Aeroplan which has some really good sweetspots as their award chart is based on distance and region. But you might have to contact their call center if you have to book flights to and from India.

D7162

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can transfer to ITC first with ratio of 5:4.4 including the 10% bonus. Then transferring to Marriot and to Cathay gives 5:2.2 ratio which is slightly better. You can compare this method against JAL requirement and see which one works out the best. However, ITC to Marriot conversion has a long waiting time and a quarterly cap as well at 15K. So it depends on your travel plan. Alternatively, you can also try Aeroplan which has some really good sweetspots as their award chart is based on distance and region. But you might have to contact their call center if you have to book flights to and from India.
Ok Thanks. How to check Partner flights in Aeroplan ? for JAL, it doesnt even allow to search upto 60 days wait period so waiting for that.

magscas

TF Buzz
Ok Thanks. How to check Partner flights in Aeroplan ? for JAL, it doesnt even allow to search upto 60 days wait period so waiting for that.
Checking partner flights is an issue in Aeroplan while flying to and fro India. You can use some airport which is nearby India like MLE/SIN to get the award availability to the place where you want to go.. these searches would often have connecting airports in India. That would show the availability from India.. This method is a trial and error way to get the Aeroplan award availability. The straightforward way is to call Aeroplan call center.

realSP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
i have registered my JAL account last day of last month and i got the JAL membership card thru postal on Aug 18, From the Day one after registration i m able to search and find the all partner award miles details, chk this link after you login to the JAL account ( JAL award Ticket Search )