• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to apply add On card with Federal Bank Celesta credit card

Neo

TF Buzz
I have Federal Bank LTF Celesta Credit card. I am holding this card for the lounge benefit, as it is not linked any spend criteria. Other than this credit card, I don't have any other relationship with bank.

In last few weeks, Bank has been sending me several mails to apply for a add on card. The benefits (Lounge access) will also be shared with add on card holder. I found this offer interesting.

However when I am trying to applying for add on card, it is asking for CIF ( Customer ID) for add on card member. Looks like first you have to get CIF for the add on card member ( Like opening an account with fed bank ) then apply for a fed bank add on card with that CIF.

Is this the general process for fed bank add on cards? What are the options that I have? Thanks in advance for your help!

FYI and for future reference purpose:

here, we're discussing two stages and only (online) possibility of them..

applying credit card: account not needed for any bank, you can simply submit your KYC and get the card based on eligibility and other factors. But 100% account not mandatory or needed to apply to get the desired card.

-- some new or sfb banks maintain exclusivity means need account but mostly we're discussion majority private banks (ex: HDFC, AXIS, Federal etc.)

add-on: very few banks allow add-on with only VKYC and without bank account.

Ex: Bob, Amex, Axis (few months back started but still not that simple in this bank), Sbi, IDFC

all you have to do, fill the form and for some banks make sure add-on holder in serviceable location, do VKYC and get the card. Even if anything required entire online possible.

some banks need CIF (customer ID) to get the add-on card in complete digital online process.

Ex: AU, Federal, ICICI, HDFC

CIF will be available if you have any kind of relation with that bank (loan, savings, credit card etc.) and all you have to do submit that number, get the card. too easy. Otherwise
- either open account and get CIF
- or visit offline branch and apply without account.

Below banks process add-on without account but in online/offline method, you don't have to visit branch, they'll come and collect or ask you to share the required docs through email.

Ex: Indus, Citi, SC, HSBC

Last edited:
Are you saying that if I visit a fed bank branch, I will be able to apply add on credit card without CIF ?

I gave all three scenarios above...

first example banks: no need to visit branch and no account needed
second example banks: either open account and get the card online or visit branch and no account needed
third example banks: no need to visit branch and no account needed but manual interaction needed.

Reactions: Neo
I have Federal Bank LTF Celesta Credit card. I am holding this card for the lounge benefit, as it is not linked any spend criteria. Other than this credit card, I don't have any other relationship with bank.

In last few weeks, Bank has been sending me several mails to apply for a add on card. The benefits (Lounge access) will also be shared with add on card holder. I found this offer interesting.

However when I am trying to applying for add on card, it is asking for CIF ( Customer ID) for add on card member. Looks like first you have to get CIF for the add on card member ( Like opening an account with fed bank ) then apply for a fed bank add on card with that CIF.

Is this the general process for fed bank add on cards? What are the options that I have? Thanks in advance for your help!
this is a common practice of many banks like HDFC, Federal, etc..
visit the branch and get ur add-on card simple :)

Reactions: Neo
I was just going through the Fed Mobile App, and wanted to apply an Add-on card, but stopped short at CIF. I was about to make a post here on TF, but came across yours today. Thanx a lot. Experts' comments made things clear. Looks like I'll have to visit the branch for getting an Add-on card for my Celesta.

Back