• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to increase HDFC CC limit

I have used HDFC Millenia s my primary CC over thelast year or so and have good amount of transactions. But, the bank still doesn't approve my limit increase request.

Any suggestions how to approach this?

rg8605384

TF Buzz
Bro their algorithm is really terrible. I am using Millenia since Nov 2020 and they gave me terrible starting limit of 40k and around same time i got apay card with 2 lakh limit. I have mailed them multiple times with salary and other bank cc statement. My Current limit is 1.2 lakhs after 3 increments.

souvikr

TF Premier
I am holding an HDFC freedom card since 2017 which I rarely use. I only use it on 10% instant discount offers. Still they increase the limit every year. I started with 50k limit only, now limit is 3 lacs.

souvikr

TF Premier
I have used HDFC Millenia s my primary CC over thelast year or so and have good amount of transactions. But, the bank still doesn't approve my limit increase request.

Any suggestions how to approach this?
If you have HDFC bank account, keep checking for limit enhancement offers from netbanking atleast once a month. If no offer is avaliable, there will be a "notify me" button to notify you when the offer is available. Click on that button once in every month. It will also notify bank about your interest. There is high change that you will get offer within few months.

anush_shenoy

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Triggers for getting a HDFC Bank Credit Limit Increase (CLI) or Credit Card Upgrade (CCU) Offer.
If you have been struggling to get a CLI or CCU offer on your HDFC bank CC, try the following actions and in 3-6 months you should get either of the 2.
-> Activate AutoPay on your HDFC Bank Account for the card. AutoPay for the Min Balance is also acceptable.
-> If you are looking for a CLI, add some 20-45% more funds than the limit you are looking for. For example, if you are currently at 5L and you want a LE to 8L, say to be eligible for an upgrade to the Infinia, add funds of around 10-12L on your HDFC account and keep it there for 5-6 months. This also works for new cards as well. What I have noticed is that HDFC underwriting is very simple, if your credit score and other stuff are on point, they just take your AQB and give you a CL of about 20-40% less than that. So if you are applying for a new card and already have a HDFC account, add those funds first, wait for a few months and then apply for the card.
-> Take a Jumbo Loan on your existing CC. Take a 10-20K jumbo loan on your CC. I have noticed that this triggers a CLI within 2-3 months of taking the loan if your payments are on time. Yes, there will be a cost to it for the interest you pay but for the amount we are talking about, the absolute number should be insignificant.

PS: original author @therTrickyTrade from twitterverse