• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to pay full SBI CC bill

newprouser

TF Buzz
I am trying to pay SBI CC bill but it is failing if I tried to pay the total amount due.

In jiopay the error message was - payment amount is different from current outstanding amount. Canara setu also failed but no error reason was provided.

I tried paying the ( total amount due - cashback amount ) and it was successful.

Is it required to pay the total amount due for sbi cc ?

The amount which is causing error is not actually cashback amount (but may be much lesser).

To find error amount, please try to pay by clicking "pay now" (or something similar) from sbicard website or app. It will open Bill Pay page. Please select other amount in "Amount to Pay". And enter value as your pending amount (in your case, it will be cashback amount). Select payment option and click pay now. It will throw and error and show what amount you are allowed to pay.

I am yet to figure out what this amount corresponds to. It was about 0.2% of my bill. Not matching any refund or cashback.

The amount which is causing error is not actually cashback amount (but may be much lesser).

To find error amount, please try to pay by clicking "pay now" (or something similar) from sbicard website or app. It will open Bill Pay page. Please select other amount in "Amount to Pay". And enter value as your pending amount (in your case, it will be cashback amount). Select payment option and click pay now. It will throw and error and show what amount you are allowed to pay.

I am yet to figure out what this amount corresponds to. It was about 0.2% of my bill. Not matching any refund or cashback.
Thanks, this tip worked. As in your case, it was different (lower) than the cashback amount.

Never this issue earlier though.

I had same issue last month. Raised complaints till nodal officer. They didn't do sh#t. After no response for two weeks, he was asking me why I didn't try to use other third party apps. I said I tried with GPay, Paytm, phone, sbi app, sbi site.
He said why didn't I try with cred. I had never used cred.
He was just trying to pin it on me.
At the end he said they have not charged me anything for not paying the full amount, like he is doing a favour.

my opinion:
The issue possibly happened because SBI has max limit that you can overpay. And I also got a large cashback from the earlier month that exceeded this limit.
As per SBI doc, the cashback (or any refunds) is not counted as payment of outstanding bill but practically I think it does.
The limit might 1k or 1200 or something, and may not be a % of total outstanding.

So,
Check in Paytm and it will show you how much you can pay.
Pay that amount.
Raise a complaint to nodal officer that you are unable to pay the outstanding amount.

U can't pay a single rupee more than the current bill now, so deduct any credit made to the card after the bill date be it cashback or refund and then pay the remaining amount of the bill

I always used to pay ₹1 to ₹2 more,
Last month didn't use the cc at all because of above issue.

My earlier month balance was -1 (minus 1).
My bill was 25365
I was able to pay only 25268. That's ₹97 less.
My cashback in that month was 1201

SBI allows payment of a maximum of 5% more than what's due at any given point of time. So for your cashback card if your credit limit is less than 1 lac but your monthly spend is nearly 1 lac by early payment to restore available credit limit, then the cashback credited will be more than 5% of your credit limit Which is why even if you pay the total amount due as per your statement, the transaction will fail since the cashback is credited after statement generation. This issue won't affect people whose credit limit is more than a lakh for the cashback credit card since the cashback is capped at 5000 a month which is 5% of 1 lakh.
I also faced a failure in payment of total amount due last month and then did the calculation and reached this result.

My earlier month balance was -1 (minus 1).
My bill was 25365
I was able to pay only 25268. That's ₹97 less.
My cashback in that month was 1201
My difference was Rs 93. Bill was 42k.

SBI allows payment of a maximum of 5% more than what's due at any given point of time. So for your cashback card if your credit limit is less than 1 lac but your monthly spend is nearly 1 lac by early payment to restore available credit limit, then the cashback credited will be more than 5% of your credit limit Which is why even if you pay the total amount due as per your statement, the transaction will fail since the cashback is credited after statement generation. This issue won't affect people whose credit limit is more than a lakh for the cashback credit card since the cashback is capped at 5000 a month which is 5% of 1 lakh.
I also faced a failure in payment of total amount due last month and then did the calculation and reached this result.
My limit is higher. No advance payment made. Bill was about 42k. Doesn't fit calculation. 😔

U can't pay a single rupee more than the current bill now, so deduct any credit made to the card after the bill date be it cashback or refund and then pay the remaining amount of the bill
Not true. Bill was about 42k+ change, cashback was 2k+. I still made payment of rs 42k+ - rs 93. Best place to find the amount that can be paid was error message on bill desk page.

Also, check if you get green 'paid' badge beside total amount due field.

If i use formula of 5% allowed - cashback credited, i should have been allowed to pay extra 12. But instead i was allowed to pay Rs 93 less.

the worst thing in this was, all the failed payments got debited and now I have to follow-up with the various apps to get back the amount in case it's not auto-credited.

the worst thing in this was, all the failed payments got debited and now I have to follow-up with the various apps to get back the amount in case it's not auto-credited.
Last month, i was using Amazon to pay bill. And it failed thrice before I went to billdesk mode. But all refund were immediate.

This month I used hdfc account to pay. And stopped immediately aftet first try. It tool four days and one support ticket for reversal (not sure if support ticket was needed).

From next month I am going to test using bill desk first. And then pay from wherever i like. 😁

Not true. Bill was about 42k+ change, cashback was 2k+. I still made payment of rs 42k+ - rs 93. Best place to find the amount that can be paid was error message on bill desk page.

Also, check if you get green 'paid' badge beside total amount due field.
Yes buddy I have that paid badge and I have paid like that only , if I try to pay anything more ot says already paid

I'm unable to py my SBI cc bill. Tried Mobikwik, HDFC bill pay, SBI Unipay & Jio finance app, but couldn't passing payment page and payment getting stuck for 2 3 days. Need immediate help. Bill date is getting closer.

I'm unable to py my SBI cc bill. Tried Mobikwik, HDFC bill pay, SBI Unipay & Jio finance app, but couldn't passing payment page and payment getting stuck for 2 3 days. Need immediate help. Bill date is getting closer.
Post the screenshots of errors which you are getting on these sites/apps.

Try bill desk with full payment. It may give amount that you can pay. Then pay using sbi unipay or jio.

Back