• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to use Amazon Pay Gift card from SBI

korin

TF Buzz
Hello All,

I just received Amazon Pay gift card from SBI for offer on SBI add on cards.
The email says I can use it on amazon.in/addgiftcard

But the voucher is of 15 digits Alphanumeric.
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.

And this combination of 15 digits is not applicable anywhere on Amazon.
I can try contacting SBI, but I don't think they'll respond even after weeks. So first chose to ask in this community.

Can someone guide me on how can I use it?

Yeah the /vouchers link recognizes that it is a gift card, and so cannot be used on voucher redemption.

and the second link is the gift card one, is what I've been trying. And it says Unable to add gift card. I contacted Amazon support and they asked me to check with SBI as it seems like a common SBI issue for them.

I've emailed SBI cards team, let's see if I get any reply.

Yeah the /vouchers link recognizes that it is a gift card, and so cannot be used on voucher redemption.

and the second link is the gift card one, is what I've been trying. And it says Unable to add gift card. I contacted Amazon support and they asked me to check with SBI as it seems like a common SBI issue for them.

I've emailed SBI cards team, let's see if I get any reply.
Unable to add means what?

What's the error

Hello All,

I just received Amazon Pay gift card from SBI for offer on SBI add on cards.
The email says I can use it on amazon.in/addgiftcard

But the voucher is of 15 digits Alphanumeric.
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.

And this combination of 15 digits is not applicable anywhere on Amazon.
I can try contacting SBI, but I don't think they'll respond even after weeks. So first chose to ask in this community.

Can someone guide me on how can I use it?
I thought I was the only one facing this.

Facing the same issue. I will try what @imdjay suggested. Will have to think of purchasing something first.
I think you are correct, since what SBI has sent is 15 digits instead of 14.

Amazon Pay Gift Card Code is a 14-digit alpha-numeric code (eg. AS25-NZ1JX-CZCP5). You should NOT enter the Gift Card Reference ID in this field. If you experience any issues with your gift card, you can provide the 16-digit numeric Reference ID to customer service. A Promo Code is a 15-digit alpha-numeric code (eg. SLQQ8-VF9Q1-FMBFB)

Fun part is SBI CS is not at all helpful. In the mail / sms they sent, they clearly wrote as "Amazon Gift Voucher worth". When I asked CS, I was told :
SBI Card: We would like to inform you that as on date your Voucher is working fine and ready to use.

Further, we request you to kindly get in touch with Amazon for redemption related queries.

Nobody bothered to tell that it might be a promo code not a voucher :(

I faced a similar situation a couple of months ago when I was trying to add a Amazon shopping voucher to my account. I didn't do anything for a couple of days after I'd first encountered the error. Then on the third day, I was able to add the voucher without any issues. So, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Amazon being at fault here.

I faced a similar situation a couple of months ago when I was trying to add a Amazon shopping voucher to my account. I didn't do anything for a couple of days after I'd first encountered the error. Then on the third day, I was able to add the voucher without any issues. So, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Amazon being at fault here.
Probably so. Still have requested reference id from SBI support. Without the reference id, we cannot even raise to amazon.

Received the voucher on 18th, so 3rd day today.

Back