• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unclear point usage policy at two different ITC hotels

navam

TF Premier
Till date I have used club itc points at two ITC properties (first grand Goa and recently grand Bharat) in both these places I used points to book the rooms online, it's was smooth and simple.
Now the difference comes when I am checking out and clearing the bill.
-Grand Goa said since I booked room using points, their system isn't showing them any option to use the points for fnb payments as well.
-actually grand Goa said I could not use my gift card to cover the remaining payment either since it's a points booking.
- Grand Bharat on the other hand allowed me to use points for paying off the fnb, I did not have the giftcard at this point so did not ask about it.
-Both the places denied being able to pay tax using the points but I read somewhere on this forum that's also allowed.

So can some expert explain what's going on, was the staff at ITC grand Goa being asses cause they had a bad day or needed cash lol? What's the actual policy for points vs giftcard etc

PS: I am a culinaire member as well and on a thread with their support to figure out why I'm not getting 25% on the fnb spend at grand Goa.

Thanks!

navam

TF Premier
Bump, now that the magnus discussion seems to be closing down, hopefully someone can help with this ;)

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
If you booked the room with green points, you need to pay the tax component via credit card. If you book the room at the member's rate without prepayment, you can pay in full via green points during checkout (I didn't test it personally).

I never had issues redeeming green points for F&B payments charged to the room.

navam

TF Premier
If you booked the room with green points, you need to pay the tax component via credit card. If you book the room at the member's rate without prepayment, you can pay in full via green points during checkout (I didn't test it personally).

Thank you @CMG I wasn't aware of this distinction.
Also one thing this reminds me of is that ITC grand Goa did not allow the pay later option for rooms it's upfront, so i guess tax will always be required here.

Reactions: CMG

SM24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I booked stay with green points and paid taxes with green points in ITC Kakatiya.

I had the option to pay F&B also using green points.
Chose to pay by Magnus, since I’d get back 25% as Club Culinaire member.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I booked stay with green points and paid taxes with green points in ITC Kakatiya.

I had the option to pay F&B also using green points.
Chose to pay by Magnus, since I’d get back 25% as Club Culinaire member.
That's good to know. (y)

HOME_CARDER

TF Select
From my experience the process of redeeming green points and ITC gift cards differ from one property to another. I've been to WelcomHotel Bhubaneswar twice, on one occasion, I booked my rooms using green points and was able to to settle the tax component during checkout using green points. The second time, I booked a member's rate room and was able to redeem my green points and also use the ITC Gift cards to pay for my stay. The green points redemption policy varies by property, and it's advisable to inform the property in advance if you plan to redeem green points or gift cards. Additionally, I recommend settling your bill with points or gift cards a day before checking out. Typically, there are only a few staff members who are familiar with the redemption process, and if they are not available, it can be a cumbersome procedure.