• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Union Bank refused to convert regular saving account into Salary Account

Homer2

TF Buzz
I have a regular saving account with Union Bank. As I wanted a rupay select card without any charges, I visited the bank to convert my account into a salary account. However, they told that it's not possible to convert and suggested me to open a new salary account. I provided my friend's account number which he converted from regular to salary account. Even then they told such accounts won't get any benefits. I didn't argue with them as, I decided to open salary account with BOB.

quino

TF Ace
RML Group
I have a regular saving account with Union Bank. As I wanted a rupay select card without any charges, I visited the bank to convert my account into a salary account. However, they told that it's not possible to convert and suggested me to open a new salary account. I provided my friend's account number which he converted from regular to salary account. Even then they told such accounts won't get any benefits. I didn't argue with them as, I decided to open salary account with BOB.
everything is possible. they're just lazy. if you create a ticket here: https://service.unionbankportal.co.in/portal/en/signin
the operations manager/BM will call you personally and solve it. basically, they'll have to reply to the ticket there properly, if you dont like the resolution you can reopen which then goes to Zonal office, and up the level.