• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

UPGRADE ANDROID TO IPHONE(IOS)

android to iphone upgrade

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrJJ

TF Premier
Just a little caution while using apple devices

I once bought something on myntra, I was browsing on iPad and checking products bcz of bigger screen but when I went to place the order from my android phone, noticed that prices were cheaper on android than iPad. Then I did a little search and found that websites usually give higher prices to Apple users. This usually happens when you go for flight booking. But this was first to me when it happened on a shopping site.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
🤣 🤣 sorry for your troubles but this was hilarious.

But also, none of the issues you mentioned ever came across for me. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, all hail Android. 🫡
Sorry if that came out a bit harsh, didn't mean it that way.

That was my friend, we get our frustration out this way time to time.

Android is no better; I can write a whole book about how stupid sometimes Google or samsung's approaches are. But on android side I do get some freedom to change stuff, on apple side I am locked.

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
S23 is indeed best but too much overpriced.
Should be 100-110k regular
80-85 on sale
Exactly Asus Rog Phone has snapdragon gen2 with 6000mAh battery but camera is bad in comparison to S23 plus service outreach is nowhere compared to Samsung but it is available less than 73,000 with discounts which makes a big edge on S23

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
. But on android side I do get some freedom to change stuff, on apple side I am locked.
💯 true. Apple is still so guarded like still not giving us Tap to pay features, basic customisations. At one point on iOS 17 they even took the option to customise text/notification tones. 🤷‍♂️

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
💯 true. Apple is still so guarded like still not giving us Tap to pay features, basic customisations. At one point on iOS 17 they even took the option to customise text/notification tones. 🤷‍♂️
Buy One plus or Samsung snapdragon & get easy with life

Pankhuri

TF Ace
I miss the old android days of custom roms and stuff. With the kind of hardware today, I could make a phone work for close to a decade with some battery replacements with custom roms. But things have become so locked down that many apps don't work on unofficial software. Plus I like the convenience of upi.

navam

TF Premier
Downgrade kehte hain usko dada.

J/k j/k
Seriously though I vouch for pixel phones, switched from iPhone to pixel 1( using 6 now) and never looked back, frankly ab toh I don't understand why pehle I thought it's fluid and easy to use.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Downgrade kehte hain usko dada.

J/k j/k
Seriously though I vouch for pixel phones, switched from iPhone to pixel 1( using 6 now) and never looked back, frankly ab toh I don't understand why pehle I thought it's fluid and easy to use.
When pixel fix

1 network issue
2 little bit battery's speed coome on. 18 Wt charging
3 - little bit heat

Gaurav555

TF Buzz
Recently shifted to ip15 pro Max from Android.
Except for camera there isn't much of an upgrade.
Won't recommend unless camera, and privacy are priorities. It is not as lag/bug free as iPhone fanboys say.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Recently shifted to ip15 pro Max from Android.
Except for camera there isn't much of an upgrade.
Won't recommend unless camera, and privacy are priorities. It is not as lag/bug free as iPhone fanboys say.
U will appreciate in long term but yeah 40-60k Android does it for you unless making video is your priority.

theneerex

TF Select
VIP Lounge
My sister recently bought an iPhone 15. I am also looking for a new phone, so I used her phone thoroughly to decide if I can switch to iOS. In the end, I decided iOS is not for me, and bought a Galaxy S23. Here are my observations:

Pros:
1. UI is very smooth. But the Android phones in the same price range are very smooth too, just a notch below iOS. I won't switch solely for this reason.
2. Camera is great. Love the 24MP mode.
3. Loved the fact that I can use it as a high quality webcam to my MacBook. Can also receive calls on the MacBook.
4. FaceID is sweet.
5. Long term software support.

Cons:
1. Keyboard sucks. Can't have a number row. Can't have an emoji row. Can't long press on keys on get symbols (availble on iPad btw, but no iPhone). Can't have things saved to clipboard. Next word predictions are a joke. Swipe typing is medoicre. Can't increase the keyboard size. Third party keybords like Gboard and Swiftykey are nutered versions of their android counterparts. Basically, typing experience is a joke compared to android.
2. No consistent back gesture. It differs from app to app, and makes you slow. Consistent UX they claim is not real.
3. Notifications suck. Can't swipe them away easily, takes 2-3 steps. Can't turn off only promotions on Amazon/Swiggy etc, have to either turn off all notifications or receive them all. They're not grouped well and take up a lot of space.
4. Can't quickly share things between apps
5. Google photos doesn't backup in the background. So you have to either keep the app open eveytime, or switch to iCloud which is not cross platform and thus, lose the ability to share albums with your family if they're not on iOS.
6. Volume keys cannot control both media volume and ringtones, alarms. If you set them to media volume, you have to go to settings to change the ringtone volume.
7. Alarm and ringtone have the same volume. So if you want to have the max alarm volume, you need to have the max ringtone volume also. This is pathetic!
8. Can't fully turn off wifi/bluetooth from the control center, have to open settings or setup shortcuts. Can't control location settings from the control center, have to go deep into settings to find it. Basically, every minor thing takes a few extra steps.
9. Whatsapp transfer using "Move to iOS" app failed. Tried multiple times.

Things I'm indifferent to:
1. I don't care about customisation that much, but you can't change anything but the wallpaper.
2. Call logs combine everything from whatsapp calls, meet calls, teams calls etc... I don't care because I call only 3-4 people and keep my work away from my personal phone.

My suggestion is that if you type a decent amount, and customise your notifications, stick to android. Go for a higher end phone like S23 series, S24 (wait for reviews on the exynos processer).

If you buy a good samsung (or any other android), you can get most of the good things from iPhone except the ecosystem.

Gaurav555

TF Buzz
U will appreciate in long term but yeah 40-60k Android does it for you unless making video is your priority.
There is nothing to appreciate here. I’ll just get used to the extra steps there are for every ducking task.
The more I think about android, the worse apple UI feels like. It misses on the most basic features.

Abhi5467

TF Select
I use both iOS and Android. Have Pixel 4a and iPad Air 5. iOS is restricted. If you love to go in detail work around...you can get things done anyway. But for average user, iOS is somewhat a headache. More heavy apps , need more data, big updates, lesser battery unless you upgrade to Plus or Pro or Pro Max with larger battery. I also used to jailbreak and repair iPhones on my own but Apple started locking parts to phone so good luck with 3rd party repairs unless you pay hefty price for Apple service repairs. People are biased towards iPhones which offer little unless you use it for content creation i.e videos. But there is small learning curve though. It's your decision, you can buy but using only iPhone and not the ecosystem is tricky. WhatsApp data can't be transferred from Android to iOS unless you pay for app which costs 4k-5k subscription. I think iPads and Macs are more value for money than iPhones.