• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

UPGRADE ANDROID TO IPHONE(IOS)

android to iphone upgrade

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There is big learning curve in using iPhone for 1st time user. Unless you are heavy android user, it will good experience if you switch.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
is it good to upgrade android to iPhone as 1st time user of iPhone ?
Totally depends on what you're expecting from the device, and is it worth for you to spend.
If your pocket allows, want to try something new and a long lasting phone, you can go for it.
You will miss some of the features of android on iphone, and vice versa

Last edited:

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Things will get simpler, and more fluid, and you’ll have almost no customisation apart from the Wallpaper, the camera will be great for anything after the 13 Pro, the Battery for the base iPhone or the Pro’s is mediocre at best. The Max batteries are the S23U kind of beast.

I did the opposite last year, went from iPhone OG till14 Pro and then to a Fold5 and then again in a month, I was back to the 15 Pro. Once you get into the Apple ecosystem, there is no breaking free.

But for the sheer fluidity of the software, I’ll say you should try the iOS. It is very basic but also very efficient.

But If you decide to stick to Android, try the S23U. No other phone even comes close.

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
But for the sheer fluidity of the software, I’ll say you should try the iOS. It is very basic but also very efficient.

But If you decide to stick to Android, try the S23U. No other phone even comes close.
I beg to differ i have used asus rog phone 7, much faster and long battery life than S23U, but it is personal opinion, never was fan of Samsung

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
is it good to upgrade android to iPhone as 1st time user of iPhone ?
1 Normal iphone & pro are too small
Check before buying if u have big hands
2 - no call recording
3- no Truecaller.. laggy experience if u buy premium .mind u premium is costly too in ios
4 - no back button
5- all calls shows in Dialer even whatpp & telegram etc.
6- must buy iphone 15 plus ( best value ) Don't buy below it ( 75k on Flipkart)
7- 60hz display but u won't notice

Stable experience
Lags are there but same time update & too frequent.
15 plus will last atleast 3 year as flagship 2 year as good smartphone unless we have 6G

If u have mac or plans on buying , ipad

It will work seemlesly.trust me nothing Beats that experience

Don't buy iphone 14,13 etc
Not because they are bad but iphone 15 is new breed of iPhone
48 Mega pixel camera- 24 mb picture
Type C

Last edited:

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I beg to differ i have used asus rog phone 7, much faster and long battery life than S23U, but it is personal opinion, never was fan of Samsung
Never had the chance to try an ROG phone and never had anyone mention its experience.

The S23U I can say won my heart in a second. Felt like a much better package than any other phone that I’ve used.

I’ll take your word for the ROG. Looks very interesting tbh.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
S23 is indeed best but too much overpriced.
Should be 100-110k regular
80-85 on sale
Never had the chance to try an ROG phone and never had anyone mention its experience.

The S23U I can say won my heart in a second. Felt like a much better package than any other phone that I’ve used.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
But for the sheer fluidity of the software, I’ll say you should try the iOS.
Was so disappointed when tried ipad after a decade of listening to people going gaga over iOS's software prowess. From apps without icons to random jitter and lag. Small tasks taking many more clicks than android, it was a horrible experience for me. Was so glad when I left my last job that I won't need to test things on ios anymore.

Pankhuri

TF Ace

ROG phones don't have much bells and whistles, pure power. Apart from Camera they are a beast.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Was so disappointed when tried ipad after a decade of listening to people going gaga over iOS's software prowess. From apps without icons to random jitter and lag. Small tasks taking many more clicks than android, it was a horrible experience for me. Was so glad when I left my last job that I won't need to test things on ios anymore.
Idk which one u tried ..
My experience is been top notch in terms of durability.
Not lag no jitter no matter what u throw at it .

Lately ipad 9 gen had some bugs but its fixed
Ipad air 5 .is top notch

Apple product
mAc book
Ipad
Ipod
Iphone
Watch

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
And then here’s me who would not travel anywhere w/o my iPad. 🙁

Idk the reason for your experience but I can very easily say that my 4 year old Air 3 is still very smooth and had absolutely no issues. 🤷‍♂️

nickee007

TF Buzz
Things I miss in iPhone:
1. Call recording
2. Tap and Pay (Apple wallet will not be coming soon in India)
3. Truecaller
4. Keyboard (Autocorrect is stupid)

If u have mac or plans on buying , ipad

It will work seemlesly.trust me nothing Beats that experience
Agreed, apple ecosystem is so well integrated, that you wouldn't want to go back from it.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Things I miss in iPhone:
1. Call recording
2. Tap and Pay (Apple wallet will not be coming soon in India)
3. Truecaller
4. Keyboard (Autocorrect is stupid)

Agreed, apple ecosystem is so well integrated, that you wouldn't want to go back from it.
G - board does the job but yeah for me size of iPhone was biggest turn off.
If they bring something cool with apple vision pro ( gaming theme ) + In house AI .
I will buy iphone 16

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Idk which one u tried ..
My experience is been top notch in terms of durability.
Not lag no jitter no matter what u throw at it .

Lately ipad 9 gen had some bugs but its fixed
Ipad air 5 .is top notch

Apple product
mAc book
Ipad
Ipod
Iphone
Watch
It was ipad 2021. Bought in dec 2022. I documented all the problems in a telegram chat with a apple user friend, will make a whole thread out of those screenshots one day. I never liked iOS side due to their closed nature but using iPad has put me from don't want to try this to why people call this better camp. Some examples -
1705666500382.png

1705666562832.png

1705666647396.png

Last edited:

Pankhuri

TF Ace
And then here’s me who would not travel anywhere w/o my iPad. 🙁

Idk the reason for your experience but I can very easily say that my 4 year old Air 3 is still very smooth and had absolutely no issues. 🤷‍♂️
The only thing I enjoyed on ipad was reading, the books app is great, reading goals and streak, those are really good. Still looking for a similar windows app. I gave mine to my cousin who uses it for gaming, he swears by it though.