• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Gold Upgrade from HDFC Regalia Gold to DCB

I got upgraded from Regalia First (LTF) to Regalia Gold (FYF) earlier this year (March'24), have spent close to 2 lakhs as of June

I emailed bank if there is a chance for Infinia, which obviously they declined and on the same email I requested if they could "atleast" convert my card to LTF and my wish was granted

Now the card is LTF.

Since the card is LTF , I have spent another 4 lakhs (not great rewards in comparison to Diners Club black (PVC or Metal) or Infinia)

These are necessary spends and nothing forced

TLDR -- so far spent 6 lakhs and might spend another 2 before end of this year. What are my chances getting DCB plastic or Metal? Will I get an upgrade in net banking portal or do I have to reach out to someone?

Current cash limit -- 6.94 Lakhs INR

I want to hear from people who have successfully Upgraded to DCB or Infinia?

I got upgraded from Regalia First (LTF) to Regalia Gold (FYF) earlier this year (March'24), have spent close to 2 lakhs as of June

I emailed bank if there is a chance for Infinia, which obviously they declined and on the same email I requested if they could "atleast" convert my card to LTF and my wish was granted

Now the card is LTF.

Since the card is LTF , I have spent another 4 lakhs (not great rewards in comparison to Diners Club black (PVC or Metal) or Infinia)

These are necessary spends and nothing forced

TLDR -- so far spent 6 lakhs and might spend another 2 before end of this year. What are my chances getting DCB plastic or Metal? Will I get an upgrade in net banking portal or do I have to reach out to someone?

Current cash limit -- 6.94 Lakhs INR

I want to hear from people who have successfully Upgraded to DCB or Infinia?
If you have 4 lakhs spends in last 6 months they should upgrade you to DCB metal.
They have stopped issuing DCB PVC.
You need to float a mail to pno.

In your case 4 lacs spent and CL above 5L, So DCB Metal should work. Try with HDFC team. But Please note 6 months gap should be maintained for upgrades and LE.
Thank you, I got my current card in March'24 (5th month now) and makes sense to push for a upgrade request by November/December after completing intended expenses.

Appreciate your response.

View attachment 66511

These are prerequisites for the upgrades by HDFC. So if you fall in any above category it should work. But in some cases these might or might not work.

In your case 4 lacs spent and CL above 5L, So DCB Metal should work. Try with HDFC team. But Please note 6 months gap should be maintained for upgrades and LE.
I think minimum limit required to upgrade to Infinia is 10 lacs now

Reactions: BVC
I had upgraded to Regalia Gold from Millennia in July 2023. In January of this year, I requested a couple of times to upgrade to DCB or Infinia, stating that I was not happy with the rewards I was getting on Gold. However, my requests were declined. In May, I tried again and was declined once more. In a follow-up email, I informed them that I would close my card if they did not upgrade it, and this time they relented. My spending in the last 6 months on both the occasions were in excess of 6L and my cc limit was 5L.

I’ve upgraded my LTF Millenia to FYF Regalia Gola few days back, in hope of getting Infinia next year. My current credit limit is 7.7 lacs, my last LE was done 2 months back.

What are my chances to get Infinia before this card’s annual fees is levied?

Can I expect another LE after few months if I spend well on this card? So that my spending criteria and limit both conditions are fulfilled

I’ve upgraded my LTF Millenia to FYF Regalia Gola few days back, in hope of getting Infinia next year. My current credit limit is 7.7 lacs, my last LE was done 2 months back.

What are my chances to get Infinia before this card’s annual fees is levied?

Can I expect another LE after few months if I spend well on this card? So that my spending criteria and limit both conditions are fulfilled
With current rumors and discussion Infinia Reserve is around the corner for this festive season. Lot will be changed by then. But for LE from CL 7.7L above requires some good financial document and luck with HDFC algorithm.

With current rumors and discussion Infinia Reserve is around the corner for this festive season. Lot will be changed by then. But for LE from CL 7.7L above requires some good financial document and luck with HDFC algorithm.
🥲🥲
Guess I'd have to pay fees for this card in second year. I can't close this because Millenia was my first card, so if I close Regalia that would mean closing Millenia. Hopefully it gets upgraded

Reactions: BVC
Regalia Gold is a decent card actually. You can enjoy the benefits.
Can you explain? Because I believe it’s even worse than Millenia as it only offers 1.2% of effective points. 6% with 5X on certain partners. At least Millenia offered 5% on numerous platforms.

Plus, I have cards like Atlas, Plat Travel and SBI Cashback. It would be a waste if I shift all my spendings on Regalia and still can’t get Infinia. I plan to close all my paid cards after I get Infinia.

Can you explain? Because I believe it’s even worse than Millenia as it only offers 1.2% of effective points. 6% with 5X on certain partners. At least Millenia offered 5% on numerous platforms.

Plus, I have cards like Atlas, Plat Travel and SBI Cashback. It would be a waste if I shift all my spendings on Regalia and still can’t get Infinia. I plan to close all my paid cards after I get Infinia.
I guess there are milestone benefits as well on Regalia Gold

Back