• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Your Amex Card and Get 1,35,000 MR Points

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Amex plans to start 2024 with a grand reward of 1,35,000 MR points when upgrading to a Platinum Charge card.

Users currently holding Amex Platinum Travel, Amex Platinum Reserve and Amex Gold Charge card are getting these offers.
You can see it in the app, refer to the screenshots attached below.

For the heavy spenders, this is a great deal since you get multiple loyal hotel loyal memberships and do anything concierge service.

If you don't spend a lot of money but feel the points can help, you can still upgrade for the points.

If you don't need the points, you can get the Amex Platinum Travel or the Amex MRCC card which remains the best card for monthly spends between 6K-40K.

T&C: https://www.americanexpress.com/con...ts/IA_New_Plat_RCP_Upgrade_Q1_2024_MT_TnC.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_6854.PNG
    IMG_6854.PNG
    39.7 KB · Views: 764
  • IMG_6855.PNG
    IMG_6855.PNG
    44.2 KB · Views: 763
I have ICICI Sapphiro, Axis Samsung Infinite and Vistara normal one. And the other 3 Amex ones.
So, I would suggest you first complete your Platinum travel milestone on trip coming in September. That will give you 48k points and 10k Taj Voucher ( If you are spending 4 lacs ).

Platinum charge is good for :

1) 135k limited offer , which will mean 175k Mariott points, only during Marriott 30% bonus offer. This could be 6-7 free Mariott nights. Valued at 1.50 lacs, depending on which country you visit.

2) If you use brands under reward Xcellelator. You get 10x points on few selected brands. Refer this link https://www.americanexpress.com/en-in/benefits/rewards/reward-xcelerator/

3) Amex Lounge access wherever available along with 1 guest free and free unlimited international lounges for holder only.

4) You can get 4 Supplementary card and all will get Lounge benefits

5) Few offers here and there but these offer are mostly available on Gold charge also and you already hold a gold charge card.

6) We do get some good hotel deals sometimes. I got Oberoi Gurgaon for 48k for 4 nights with breakfast and USD 100 credit for August,2024.

All in all, one thing is for sure that this is a 1 year card only. There is no reason you will renew this next year, as renewal benefits are way below.

I will suggest, if you want to just use this card once in a lifetime, then this is a good time. 135k is max amex has offered till date and usual is 100k with 125k being offered for few months.

So, I would suggest you first complete your Platinum travel milestone on trip coming in September. That will give you 48k points and 10k Taj Voucher ( If you are spending 4 lacs ).

Platinum charge is good for :

1) 135k limited offer , which will mean 175k Mariott points, only during Marriott 30% bonus offer. This could be 6-7 free Mariott nights. Valued at 1.50 lacs, depending on which country you visit.

2) If you use brands under reward Xcellelator. You get 10x points on few selected brands. Refer this link https://www.americanexpress.com/en-in/benefits/rewards/reward-xcelerator/

3) Amex Lounge access wherever available along with 1 guest free and free unlimited international lounges for holder only.

4) You can get 4 Supplementary card and all will get Lounge benefits

5) Few offers here and there but these offer are mostly available on Gold charge also and you already hold a gold charge card.

6) We do get some good hotel deals sometimes. I got Oberoi Gurgaon for 48k for 4 nights with breakfast and USD 100 credit for August,2024.

All in all, one thing is for sure that this is a 1 year card only. There is no reason you will renew this next year, as renewal benefits are way below.

I will suggest, if you want to just use this card once in a lifetime, then this is a good time. 135k is max amex has offered till date and usual is 100k with 125k being offered for few months.
Yup, I'm looking for first year only. Won't renew for sure

Hey guys, I've
Membership rewards
Gold
Plat travel currently (Even 1.9L spend has not been done and the renewal date is in Oct).

I got this offer today to upgrade to a Platinum charge card (1.35L MR points) offer.
I have an upcoming trip in September.
1. Should I upgrade? Is it worth it to pay 70,800 for this card? What will be the usage of these 1.35L MR points?
2. It's written that I have to spend 50K on the basic card within 60 days. What is meant by basic card here? And, are gyftr vouchers also considered in this 50K?
Yes if you you are interested for plat charge and once it is approved you have 37 days to activate it and as per my call with rep if one activates card or not they will charge a fee of 70800 inclusive of tax when you are billing cycle comes if not interested you can cancel the card and you don't have to pay for it.

2 point once you pay fee and you have to spend 50k within or 90 days to get your welcome benefits. Your basic card means plat chg . It depends on what you want you get gold member ship straight as long as you hold the card for marriot bonvoy Hilton hertz and taj hotels without spending too much funds. Normally you have to sp3nd min 25 nights and you would have spend more than 6lakhs to reach gold and every year you have to do it but with 70800 every year you get to keep gold membership and you also get Taj Epicure plus membership all these you need to enroll oberoi you get 50% discount for min 3 nights and 4 days book but will they will chg u for 2 nights I presume instead of 3. Unlimited lounge golf if you r into it play and lessons. It is kinda worth it if you travel a lot. However it depends on your suitability. Check before you apply and don't regret.

Yes if you you are interested for plat charge and once it is approved you have 37 days to activate it and as per my call with rep if one activates card or not they will charge a fee of 70800 inclusive of tax when you are billing cycle comes if not interested you can cancel the card and you don't have to pay for it.

2 point once you pay fee and you have to spend 50k within or 90 days to get your welcome benefits. Your basic card means plat chg . It depends on what you want you get gold member ship straight as long as you hold the card for marriot bonvoy Hilton hertz and taj hotels without spending too much funds. Normally you have to sp3nd min 25 nights and you would have spend more than 6lakhs to reach gold and every year you have to do it but with 70800 every year you get to keep gold membership and you also get Taj Epicure plus membership all these you need to enroll oberoi you get 50% discount for min 3 nights and 4 days book but will they will chg u for 2 nights I presume instead of 3. Unlimited lounge golf if you r into it play and lessons. It is kinda worth it if you travel a lot. However it depends on your suitability. Check before you apply and don't regret.
Well I am thinking just to get the card and cancel it. How does it look in wallet?

Is it worth it just for the 1st year? To enjoy the welcome benefits.

Well I am thinking just to get the card and cancel it. How does it look in wallet?
Yes ! It looks good in wallet. Taking and cancelling it is not worth. Use it for a year if not cancel it. Else don't bother to apply if you are not sure. Go through benefits and do your calculations if you are member of hotels like Taj Hilton or marriot. It helps been gold member without spending a pie else to be a gold member eg marriot you need to stay 25 nights and imagine how much money you need to spend and this is every year 25 nights but plat chg 70800 will get you into higher tier as long as you hold. Plus they give 10k Taj voucher on your birthday lot in community who received it.

Have a through thought and apply.

Last edited:
You can load funds on wallet mobikwik but there would be a charge by mobikwik. Taking and cancelling it is not worth it. Use it for a year if not cancel it. Else don't bother to apply if you are not sure. Go through benefits and do your calculations if you are member of hotels like Taj Hilton or marriot. It helps been gold member without spending a pie else to be a gold member eg marriot you need to stay 25 nights and imagine how much money you need to spend and this is every year 25 nights but plat chg 70800 will get you into higher tier as long as you hold. Plus they give 10k Taj voucher on your birthday lot in community who received it.

Have a through thought and apply.
I know it's not useful for me. I just want to keep it my wallet.
Anyways my gold card is up for renewal next month and I am about to close it. Instead of closing the gold card I'll just get the platinum charge and close it.

I know it's not useful for me. I just want to keep it my wallet.
Anyways my gold card is up for renewal next month and I am about to close it. Instead of closing the gold card I'll just get the platinum charge and close it.
Oh ok apply and don't activate after 37 days it will get deactivated. Will it be useful to just keep it in wallet. I have attaches some average value of it in psf from amex.fyi

Attachments

Correction Taj membership hotel not covered for tier but Taj Epicure complimentary. Most of them 25% discount
As a Platinum Card member, you can indulge into a World of Benefits designed exclusively for you wherein you can enjoy a host of privileges ranging from an array of fine dining experiences to relaxing spa & salon services and much more at Taj Hotels in India with this membership.

Look forward to fine dining privileges at the award-winning restaurants at Taj Hotels.

Enjoy following Epicure Plus benefits:

• 25%* discount on dining and take-away
  • 25%* savings on food deliveries from Qmin
  • 20%* off on Spa Treatments at Jiva Spas
  • 20%* off on Salon
  • Complimentary* Birthday Cake for Member’s Birthday month
  • 20%* off on room/suite stay for unlimited consecutive nights – can be availed twice
  • 20%* discount on Best Available Rate of room/suite at Taj Palaces – can be availed twice
  • 20%* off on Best Available Rate for Room/Suite Stay at Taj Safari – can be availed once
  • One-time pool access with set lunch and wine at a special price of INR 3,000+tax per person for up to 4 guests*
  • Happy hours at Taj Club Lounge at select Taj hotels* – can be availed two times.
Already existing and enrolled Cardmembers will retain their current membership benefits until their membership is up for renewal, and will continue to enjoy following existing benefits that come with your Taj Epicure membership:

• 25%* discount on dining and take-away
  • 20%* savings on food deliveries from Qmin
  • 20%* off on Spa Treatments at Jiva Spas
  • 20%* off on Salon
  • 20%* off on room/suite stay for unlimited consecutive nights – can be availed once
  • 20%* discount on Best Available Rate of room/suite at Taj Palaces – can be availed once
  • 20%* off on Best Available Rate for Room/Suite Stay at Taj Safari – can be availed once
Enrolment in the Taj Epicure Plus membership is required. To join, fill the Enrolment Form below*

*Benefit valid till 30 December 2024

Last edited:
And once you get complimentary gold.membership in marriot after you enrol through plat chg. You can also trf points to krisflyer and you can link to get straight silver membership in krissilver after you take 2 flights within six months and get upgraded. Yesterday I enrolled and today they changed by marriot member to gold. Still waiting for Hilton and raddison to change the membership to gold and premium already enrolled to these too. Plus you get complimentary easy diner membership for a year until you hold the card.

Benefits That Make​

Marriott Bonvoy® Gold Elite members and above are invited to enjoy benefits that take your travel experiences further through our preferred partnership with KrisFlyer, the rewards programme of the Singapore Airlines Group.

Sign in below and link your accounts to get started.
KrisFlyer Elite Silver members and above are invited to enjoy elevated benefits with Marriott Bonvoy. Sign in to your KrisFlyer account to get started.

Discover Your Qualifying KrisFlyer Status​

Start by selecting your Marriott Bonvoy status.

Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
icon_caret-down.png

KrisFlyer
icon_caret-down.png

icon_accelerate.png

Accelerate to​

Upgrade for 12 months with just two flights on Singapore Airlines within six months of linking accounts.

Points to Miles​

Transfer Marriott Bonvoy points to KrisFlyer miles at a 3:1 ratio. Redeem miles for flights, upgrades, car rentals, shopping, dining, and more.

Miles to Points​

Transfer KrisFlyer miles to Marriott Bonvoy points at a 2:1 ratio. Redeem points for free nights, unrivalled experiences, and more.

Choose Points or Miles​

Earn points or miles for stays at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®.

If those regularly travel or base members of krisflyers.

I got my gold charge upgraded to Platinum couple of months back, I already got 135K MR, Got my Platinum travel as companion card & they reversed back annual fees charged on it. I already have MRCC as LTF, Can anyone explain here why there is such high noise to keep both gold & platinum charge card

Last edited:
Best use of 135K MR is to transfer them to Mariott in 30% bonus offer period, However Marriott is not best use for them, Then further wait for Mariott to united bonus offer, transfer them in 60K batches to get 39K miles, I feel like for hotels, Mariott are overpriced & not worth it, For hotel, accor is best program to get value(Use axis program to transfer to them).

I got my gold charge upgraded to Platinum couple of months back, I already 135K MR, Got my Platinum travel as companion card & they reversed back annual fees charged on it. I already have MRCC as LTF, Can anyone explain here why there is such high noise to keep both gold & platinum charge card
Maybe reason is gold chg you can use for fuel and utility payments and to meet their 6 1000 to get rewards and plat chg more for 1st year MR points and hotel member ship upgrade unlimited golf and amex lounge access unlimited plus 1 complimentary guest can be taken. Or it could be some other reason each as their own view.

Maybe reason is gold chg you can use for fuel and utility payments and to meet their 6 1000 to get rewards and plat chg more for 1st year MR points and hotel member ship upgrade unlimited golf and amex lounge access unlimited plus 1 complimentary guest can be taken. Or it could be some other reason each as their own view.
I think Plat charge also gives points for fuel & utility Payments, To meet milestone based 1K MR, we can use MRCC. Any other benefit offered by Gold card is superseded by Platinum.

I think Plat charge also gives points for fuel & utility Payments, To meet milestone based 1K MR, we can use MRCC. Any other benefit offered by Gold card is superseded by Platinum.
Yes. In plat chg upto 5k only else service chg for fuel. After 2 days I may start using my plat chg to get welcome benefit plus referral benefit spend 5k and 50k

Yes. In plat chg upto 5k only else service chg for fuel. After 2 days I may start using my plat chg to get welcome benefit plus referral benefit spend 5k and 50k
Yes, go ahead, Plat charge is very good for first year. But no matter how Amex may convince you, Don't renew it for 2nd year, it is not worth for 2nd year unless they offer you atleast 100K MR.

Back