• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

UPI is failing with HDFC TATA NEU Infinity Card

tuhin

TF Premier
Hi,

Recently I have taken one TATA NEU Infinity card -- Rupay Select Variant. Now I am facing issues with UPI. I linked my card to Gpay. Whenever I am trying to pay any merchant, it's getting failed. The message is showing that the Transaction is getting declined by the bank. I am not sure what the issue is. Still, I didn't receive my physical card & trying these UPI transactions with Temporary Virtual Card only. I am not sure whether I am facing an issue because of this virtual card or not. If anyone is facing a similar issue with the Tata Neu card kindly confirm here.

Thanks

Last edited:

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Recently I have taken one TATA NEU Infinity card -- Rupay Select Variant. Now I am facing issues with UPI. I linked my card to Gpay. Whenever I am trying to pay any merchant, it's getting failed. The message is showing that the Transaction is getting declined by the bank. I am not sure what the issue is. Still, I didn't receive my physical card & trying these UPI transactions with Temporary Virtual Card only. I am not sure whether I am facing an issue with this virtual card or not. If anyone is facing a similar issue with the Tata Neu card kindly confirm here.

Thanks
for few days the limit is 5k only

nrb

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Recently I have taken one TATA NEU Infinity card -- Rupay Select Variant. Now I am facing issues with UPI. I linked my card to Gpay. Whenever I am trying to pay any merchant, it's getting failed. The message is showing that the Transaction is getting declined by the bank. I am not sure what the issue is. Still, I didn't receive my physical card & trying these UPI transactions with Temporary Virtual Card only. I am not sure whether I am facing an issue with this virtual card or not. If anyone is facing a similar issue with the Tata Neu card kindly confirm here.

Thanks

This is a GPay specific issue. I faced the same issue as well randomly in Gpay.

You can try paytm or bhim app to make payment. Those will work.

tuhin

TF Premier
This is a GPay specific issue. I faced the same issue as well randomly in Gpay.

You can try paytm or bhim app to make payment. Those will work.
can anyone pls confirm for me here which apps are supporting Credit Card UPI payments except Gpay/Paytm/Phonepe/Mobikwik/Bhim?

cardwizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Recently I have taken one TATA NEU Infinity card -- Rupay Select Variant. Now I am facing issues with UPI. I linked my card to Gpay. Whenever I am trying to pay any merchant, it's getting failed. The message is showing that the Transaction is getting declined by the bank. I am not sure what the issue is. Still, I didn't receive my physical card & trying these UPI transactions with Temporary Virtual Card only. I am not sure whether I am facing an issue because of this virtual card or not. If anyone is facing a similar issue with the Tata Neu card kindly confirm here.

Thanks
How are you able to add it for UPI if card is not delivered yet?

For registering card to UPI it asks for the ATM pin and currently, ATM pin generation is being done only after the physical card has been delivered.
How did you generate PIN for the card?

tuhin

TF Premier

For registering card to UPI it asks for the ATM pin and currently, ATM pin generation is being done only after the physical card has been delivered.
you can generate upi by dialling 1860 266 3333 with virtual card

shivek

TF Select
You need to wait for sometime after card issuance (probably 24Hrs, not sure) before the card is fully setup.
I got my card issued on 19th May around 1PM.
First I added my card in BHIM. For this you need the last six digits and expiry date and you can get these details from Neu app.
Then I tried generating CC PIN (needed for UPI PIN setup) from Neu app and got message that it can be done after card delivery.
I also thought I need to wait for card delivery but next day I tried calling IVR (1860-25-8282-638) around 11AM and I was able to set PIN.
Next I tried setting UPI PIN but it failed continuously and I left it for sometime.
I tried again around 3PM as I was buying something and need to try card UPI payment. And this time UPI PIN was set successfully.
Since then I have been using this card for all UPI payments for my shopping.
Only today I got one failure at IOCL for fuel but other transactions were successful later.

In total I have made 8 transactions ranging from 100-1850 and only one failure.
I will try again at IOCL to make sure if it was some one time thing or some merchants have restrictions for Card UPI payments.

Last edited:

jaiverma

TF Buzz

ATM pin generation is possible using netbanking. A physical card is not necessary to generate ATM pin.

tuhin

TF Premier
I have sorted out this issue. Seems this issue is associated with Gpay only. Today I tried with Paytm & no issue. Paytm servers are the best anyday for UPI txns.

Though, security is a little bit concern on Paytm

devgpt

TF Buzz
I am using this card for UPI Payments on BHIM app without any issues. The only challenge I have is that I am not able to mark it as default paying option in the app.

unusedbrain

TF Neo
Hi,

Thanks
i have neu card and its working fine . use paytm for best experience cc rupay . if u still face difficulty ..then u might have to check it with the costumer care but u guess it would be fine ..plus check all the permission enabled like online transaction for card

rkmhind

TF Buzz
Hi,

Thanks
Talk to your bank instead cause mine working fine no such issues yet

s73uresh

TF Select
Hi,

Thanks
You may need to set usage limits, as it will be set to zero initially.