• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Very Strict Current Account Opening Process

sunit123

TF Premier
I was using SBI current account from last 8 years and it was opened very easily. I closed because of bad service...Recently, i planned to open a new current account and realized that the process is made very strict despite all documents in place i.e. GST Certificate (6 year old), PT Certificate and Udyam Certificate etc..I applied with 6 banks and Few observations based on my experience

1. Almost every bank stopped opening Individual Current Account...Even baby/infant bank like AU Small Finance bank is reluctant and refused..All banks offer Individual current account for just namesake but in reality they are not opening the same.
2. Bank now need minute details on nature of business/work you will do...They ask for all govt approvals required for business...if they are not convinced even 1% they will reject the application
3. All banks demanded a video of place of work/physical verification, Commercial address and company board...I work from Home office so it was impossible to convince them.
4. They will make a CIBIL enquiry to check your business loan status
5. They are very particular you should not hold more than one CA provided you have valid and strong reason to keep two current accounts.
6. It seems Govt has issued some guidelines to banks for current account which are not available in public domain.

Your experience might be different but it seems once CA is opened we have to stick with the same bank because opening a new Current Account is a BIG HEADACHE..Somehow i managed to open a new current account and will retain it till my death

I was using SBI current account from last 8 years and it was opened very easily. I closed because of bad service...Recently, i planned to open a new current account and realized that the process is made very strict despite all documents in place i.e. GST Certificate (6 year old), PT Certificate and Udyam Certificate etc..I applied with 6 banks and Few observations based on my experience

1. Almost every bank stopped opening Individual Current Account...Even baby/infant bank like AU Small Finance bank is reluctant and refused..All banks offer Individual current account for just namesake but in reality they are not opening the same.
2. Bank now need minute details on nature of business/work you will do...They ask for all govt approvals required for business...if they are not convinced even 1% they will reject the application
3. All banks demanded a video of place of work/physical verification, Commercial address and company board...I work from Home office so it was impossible to convince them.
4. They will make a CIBIL enquiry to check your business loan status
5. They are very particular you should not hold more than one CA provided you have valid and strong reason to keep two current accounts.
6. It seems Govt has issued some guidelines to banks for current account which are not available in public domain.

Your experience might be different but it seems once CA is opened we have to stick with the same bank because opening a new Current Account is a BIG HEADACHE..Somehow i managed to open a new current account and will retain it till my death
Ab lag raha hoga SBI bekar hi band karwaya... 🙂

Account ho tab toh good & bad service, account hi nahi toh...

Ab lag raha hoga SBI bekar hi band karwaya... 🙂

Account ho tab toh good & bad service, account hi nahi toh...
Yes...I closed SBI first because banks told me that they will open new current account only if i close SBI first....I was not aware that it will be nightmare to open new CA else i would not have closed the SBI CA.

I Have 2 Individuals Current Account in HDFC.
Opened in January 2024

One is My and 2nd is for My Brother

Also a 3rd Current With GST for My Brother
Opened in August 2024

Easily Opend All Accounts without any Issue.

I Have 2 Individuals Current Account in HDFC.
Opened in January 2024

One is My and 2nd is for My Brother

Also a 3rd Current With GST for My Brother
Opened in August 2024

Easily Opend All Accounts without any Issue.
Your address is Home Office or commercial space..Also check your form for 2nd CA, the bank official might have given wrong declaration that you don't have any other CA

I also want to open a current account for receiving freelance payments. I work from my home and I don't have any registered business. Is there a way any bank would open a CA without business proofs and GST ?

@sunit123 did they inform you about the CIBIL check? or any form you signed on had it?

by the way, finally which bank you opened the CA now?
I was informed that there will be CIBIL hit...It was mentioned in offline and online forms....I was told that account will not be opened without CIBIL hit...

I opened with Indusind bank.

I also want to open a current account for receiving freelance payments. I work from my home and I don't have any registered business. Is there a way any bank would open a CA without business proofs and GST ?

Yes you can open current account for individuals without GST... my frnd is a freelancer and he has recently opened an current account without gst..

Back