• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Visa Extension Help: How Soon Can I Return to Thailand After Leaving?

Hello everyone,

I've been in Thailand for almost a month now, and my free visa will expire in 6 days. I'm planning to extend my stay here. The immigration office mentioned I can get a 30-day extension for 1,900 baht, or I could leave the country and come back. However, they weren't clear on how soon I can re-enter Thailand after leaving.

Could anyone advise on the re-entry time after leaving Thailand? Also, can you suggest nearby countries with a free visa for a quick trip? So far, I only know about Malaysia.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Leaving means exit stamp on your passport, just go to border and get it done. Once done stay in nearby country for a night and then next morning re-enter for another 30 days.

Indian passport might get some additional questioning but all they need is VOA fee.

Leaving means exit stamp on your passport, just go to border and get it done. Once done stay in nearby country for a night and then next morning re-enter for another 30 days.

Indian passport might get some additional questioning but all they need is VOA fee.
go to malaysia (currently visa free) and stay for 1-2 days and go back to TH.
You can go to indonesia also (VoA fee of 5 lakh rupiah apply)
Laos, Cambodia also offers VoA with fee.

Best option is Malaysia and even that is visa free currently. Just fill the MDAC form and enter via land or air. You can return even on the same day but may face a few questions. So better return the next day.

Indian PP has 30 days visa exempt entry, THE VOA is not applicable right now .

VOA is Visa on arrival

Currently Indian PP has 30 day Visa exempt entry by air, this scheme is valid until 11-NOV-2024

Check ur facts
I am in Thailand since one month. Currently there is no VOA. you can just clear immigration and roam in Thailand for 30 days but if you want to extend beyond 30 you need to pay 1900 baht. That's what my post is about, read the post first.

Back