• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Ways to get value from Magnus after Sept 23?

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
After the recent massive Magnus devaluation, what can be good ways to get value from Magnus after Sept 23 for members spending 12-15lkh on Magnus?
HDFC infinia has shallow reward earning caps in a single transaction and per month. Thus high-value concentrated transactions can be USP for Magnus

Will the below strategy help?

1) Make sure to have a burgundy account ( else the transfer ratio will be pathetic)
(Update) 30lkh in savings or 10 lkh in saving account is the burgundy criteria
2) Club multi-month transactions in a single month (say 3-4 lakh).
3) Repeat the above step 3-4 times a year, depending on yearly spending; it can give you better value compared to the fees that you pay for Magnus
4) Try using travel edge, Gyftr to max level.->(Update) The accelerated reward calculations exclude travel edge and Gyftr. Thus use other sources such as intermiles, default Gyftr etc to stackup vouchers in the month when you are doing 3+ lkh transacations. The reward rate will be 3X rather than 2X in case of amazon and similar vouchers.
5) (Update) Include rental payment till 50k ( can use Cred or similar) in that month

(Update)Got confirmation that Meet and greet service is still present which is a good thing.

Last edited:

ishanmontella

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
After the recent massive Magnus devaluation, what can be good ways to get value from Magnus after Sept 23 for members spending 12-15lkh on Magnus?

HDFC infinia has shallow reward earning caps in a single transaction and per month. Thus high-value concentrated transactions can be USP for Magnus
1) Make sure to have a burgundy account ( else the transfer ratio will be pathetic)
3) Repeat the above step 3-4 times a year, depending on yearly spending; it can give you better value compared to the fees that you pay for Magnus
4) Try using travel edge, Gyftr ( Yes, lousy devaluation, but something better than nothing) to max level.

Note: I don’t see any discussion about meet and greet services. If they are removed, then it is a significant loss.
Meet and greet is not removed. We still get 8 in a year. Received mail from Axis yesterday confirming the same.

CC_Fire

TF Premier
for Aug spend ,transfer will happen 5:2 or 5:4?i have to pay for NPS wondering wats the best time. this month already 1 lac spend is over
if you dont go for the burgundy option then it will be 5:2 only as the Aug milestone will be credited in 90 days. May/Jun to be credit by 31st July and Jul to be credit by 10th August. So August milestone will face devaluation of transfer ratio unless you go for the burgundy option

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Burgandy Private CC is the only guaranteed way of getting 5:4, which requires you to hold a Burgandy Private relationship with Axis. 5:4 on your Magnus through Burgandy is not going to be lucrative for Axis in the long term. They will just run this benefit till a sizable number of the HNI card users are onboarded. After that, it's predictable what they are going to do, and we have seen firsthand how brutal they can be.

Burgandy Private CC is the only guaranteed way of getting 5:4, which requires you to hold a Burgandy Private relationship with Axis. 5:4 on your Magnus through Burgandy is not going to be lucrative for Axis in the long term. They will just run this benefit till a sizable number of the HNI card users are onboarded. After that, it's predictable what they are going to do, and we have seen firsthand how brutal they can be.

Hmmm... probably true.

Can anybody spot me 5CR?

divyam_taparia

TF Select

4) Try using travel edge, Gyftr ( Yes, lousy devaluation, but something better than nothing) to max level.

Note: I don’t see any discussion about meet and greet services. If they are removed, then it is a significant loss.
they are making reward systems too complicated..i will go back with hdfc and enjoy a comfy 3.33% rate.... cannot think before doing every transaction whether i will receive reward point in this or not.

Gabbar.Singh

TF Select
I got the Axis Magnus Credit Card in February this year. The main benefit of this card for me is the Priority Pass that offers unlimited access to international lounges and 8 guest visits per year, which allows me to take my wife and adult children to lounges outside India. I have used the Priority Pass and it works very well.

I also have the Diners Black Credit Card (unlimited lounge access worldwide) for myself and my wife, and the IDFC Wealth Credit Card (4 per year) for both of us. We (my wife and I) have the PNB RuPay Select that gives us access to international lounges once a year.

The issue that I am facing now is whether the Axis Magnus card is still worth keeping in my wallet.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I got the Axis Magnus Credit Card in February this year. The main benefit of this card for me is the Priority Pass that offers unlimited access to international lounges and 8 guest visits per year, which allows me to take my wife and adult children to lounges outside India. I have used the Priority Pass and it works very well.

I also have the Diners Black Credit Card (unlimited lounge access worldwide) for myself and my wife, and the IDFC Wealth Credit Card (4 per year) for both of us. We (my wife and I) have the PNB RuPay Select that gives us access to international lounges once a year.

The issue that I am facing now is whether the Axis Magnus card is still worth keeping in my wallet.
NO