• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Ways to get value from Magnus after Sept 23?

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
After the recent massive Magnus devaluation, what can be good ways to get value from Magnus after Sept 23 for members spending 12-15lkh on Magnus?
HDFC infinia has shallow reward earning caps in a single transaction and per month. Thus high-value concentrated transactions can be USP for Magnus

Will the below strategy help?

1) Make sure to have a burgundy account ( else the transfer ratio will be pathetic)
(Update) 30lkh in savings or 10 lkh in saving account is the burgundy criteria
2) Club multi-month transactions in a single month (say 3-4 lakh).
3) Repeat the above step 3-4 times a year, depending on yearly spending; it can give you better value compared to the fees that you pay for Magnus
4) Try using travel edge, Gyftr to max level.->(Update) The accelerated reward calculations exclude travel edge and Gyftr. Thus use other sources such as intermiles, default Gyftr etc to stackup vouchers in the month when you are doing 3+ lkh transacations. The reward rate will be 3X rather than 2X in case of amazon and similar vouchers.
5) (Update) Include rental payment till 50k ( can use Cred or similar) in that month

(Update)Got confirmation that Meet and greet service is still present which is a good thing.

Last edited:
I am in a similar situation
I have<1L spends per month on Magnus. Not burgundy
Using the card because of PP as I travel multiple times a year and visiting international lounges has been very helpful. Me+wife =Minimum 8 lounge visits= at least 23k
Even paying the yearly fee and that the yearly Tata coupon has been discontinued, what would be minimum spend per year for me to get points needed offset the 12k+tax yearly fee to consider the card free for me.

If someone doesn't have Reserve or Infinia or anything similar,

I don't see any point in closing Magnus especially if you are travelling frequently.
That 8 PP guest access + 8 Meet & Greet itself is worth at least 50k.
LOL meet and greet is too much .. also with magnus now u have to think before spending.... with infinia u can spend anything and get comfy 3.33% reward rate

LOL meet and greet is too much .. also with magnus now u have to think before spending.... with infinia u can spend anything and get comfy 3.33% reward rate
Read the first line again. I said IF you don't have Infinia.

M&G might not he useful for you, many people find it useful.

Also people active in this group are not looking for 3.33% redemption rate. If that's what you are looking for, might as well get those 5% cashback cards.

Solely depends on type & quality of wallet you carry and how you carry your wallet

Thank you for your query.

I am a retired person and my usual expenses are between 10 and 12 lakhs, with a large portion of it going to travel. I cannot afford to spend more than 25 lakhs and get the fee reversed.

I am not sure how many points I can earn for a spend of around 10 lakhs and how valuable those points would be.

Read the first line again. I said IF you don't have Infinia.

M&G might not he useful for you, many people find it useful.

Also people active in this group are not looking for 3.33% redemption rate. If that's what you are looking for, might as well get those 5% cashback cards.
Yup Magnus is still great for me even without milestone benefits.
PP access and meet and greet already make it worthwhile. miles would be a plus but still can't have everything in a <1L monthly spend

Burgandy Private CC is the only guaranteed way of getting 5:4, which requires you to hold a Burgandy Private relationship with Axis. 5:4 on your Magnus through Burgandy is not going to be lucrative for Axis in the long term. They will just run this benefit till a sizable number of the HNI card users are onboarded. After that, it's predictable what they are going to do, and we have seen firsthand how brutal they can be.
"brutal" :sneaky:

Did they take something from you? Constitution of India gave you a right to make off with 30-40% a year in discounts?

It was always a marketing promotion. It still is. And promotions go away. when they do you move to another product.

By the way (from Axis's point of view) - we guys took huge discounts (which they probably called marketing spend) and will now shift at the first hint of reduced discounts, when those discounts are still relatively great - are we brutal ? and if we are, what is wrong with that?

"brutal" :sneaky:

Did they take something from you? Constitution of India gave you a right to make off with 30-40% a year in discounts?

It was always a marketing promotion. It still is. And promotions go away. when they do you move to another product.

By the way (from Axis's point of view) - we guys took huge discounts (which they probably called marketing spend) and will now shift at the first hint of reduced discounts, when those discounts are still relatively great - are we brutal ? and if we are, what is wrong with that?
You can start an argument out of nothing! I'll give you that. You just made up everything in your mind based on one word? Brutal? Did you even read what I posted? :LOL:
It is quite unpleasant how Axis dealt with the devaluation, and before you say anything, I don't care about your perception or opinion on this. Maybe you are used to this kind of behaviour, but this is not how you deal with your customers if you ever value them. So yes, IT WAS BRUTAL. I don't see how it was a wrong choice of word here. Also, why are you bringing the constitution of India into this? You are speaking as though I'm here complaining about how I am not able to loot Axis and it's my birthright to do so somehow. In fact, I could care less about how they run their business. Any benefit I get out of my spends is just extra, and I'm not going to ever lose my sleep over that.
Lastly, stop deriving a story out of your imagination. If you have been active on this forum, you would notice that I have rationalized Axis' actions on more than one occasion. But I have also mentioned how they have been extremely unprofessional about dealing with certain things.
Since you are an expert in drawing inferences from other people's opinions, I expect you will do that in the absence of any future replies from my side regarding this as well.
I wish you good health and happiness.

Last edited:
You can start an argument out of nothing! I'll give you that. You just made up everything in your mind based on one word? Brutal? Did you even read what I posted? :LOL:
It is quite unpleasant how Axis dealt with the devaluation, and before you say anything, I don't care about your perception or opinion on this. Maybe you are used to this kind of behaviour, but this is not how you deal with your customers if you ever value them. So yes, IT WAS BRUTAL. I don't see how it was a wrong choice of word here. Also, why are you bringing the constitution of India into this? You are speaking as though I'm here complaining about how I am not able to loot Axis and it's my birthright to do so somehow. In fact, I could care less about how they run their business. Any benefit I get out of my spends is just extra, and I'm not going to ever lose my sleep over that.
Lastly, stop deriving a story out of your imagination. If you have been active on this thread, I have rationalized Axis' actions on more than one occasion. But I have also mentioned how they have been extremely unprofessional about dealing with certain things.
Since you are an expert in drawing inferences from other people's opinions, I expect you will do that in the absence of any future replies from my side regarding this as well.
I wish you good health and happiness.
If i were you i would've said
"Too long didn read, nor that i could've cared about what you feel

Ratio"

I will spend 1 lac in august because

Get 6000 normal points as good as 1:1 on vistara
25000 points later will fetch 10000 points in vistara

16000 vistara points is 16% returns in a month
How to convert 1:1 on vistara any trip I can see it is 5:4 in point transfer. even I convert to ITC from there it will 3:2 right?

I will spend 1 lac in august because

Get 6000 normal points as good as 1:1 on vistara
25000 points later will fetch 10000 points in vistara

16000 vistara points is 16% returns in a month
Being a newbie to hold magnus, can you kindly explain how this 1:1 works on Vistara.
I though Axis offers 5:4 on transfer to vistara till 31st August.

Being a newbie to hold magnus, can you kindly explain how this 1:1 works on Vistara.
I though Axis offers 5:4 on transfer to vistara till 31st August.
Galat ho gaya hai uska ek calculation. Jaan loge ab uski 🤣
6k ka usko 4.8k ayega aur milestone ka 10.
14.8k vistara points.
Isse he can get 14.8k worth ka flight tickets - hence 1:1.

Back