• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

We can now include NPS investments in NSDL CAS

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Every month, we can receive a Consolidated Account Statement from NSDL which includes all the investments in Stocks + Mutual Funds + Bonds.
But now can also include NPS investments as well.

The benefit of this is that in 1 single CAS, we can get better overview of investments.

ss.png

Nilanchal

TF Premier
Just help me out with NPS.
Well, I was continuously pouring money in form of sip every month to nps.
But nps didn't generated much return and I am thinking to add nps funds to existing MFs.
How can we completely close nps ? What r the rules for it?
I do know 60:40 is the ratio but is there any possible ways to get most of the money out ?
Also, if I stop investing in nps henceforth then is it fine? Or any min investment is needed per annum?

shashank08

TF Premier
But nps didn't generated much return and I am thinking to add nps funds to existing MFs.
I do know 60:40 is the ratio but is there any possible ways to get most of the money out ?
Also, if I stop investing in nps henceforth then is it fine? Or any min investment is needed per annum?
What are your expectations of return from NPS and how much are you getting in terms of XIRR?
Also what is your percentage of equity in NPS?

TF Premier
You can do partial withdrawal of 25% corpus if you have completed 5 years with NPS. If you have completed 10 years then you can close the account but 20% lumpsum withdrawal and for rest 80% you have to get a annuity plan.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
You can do partial withdrawal of 25% corpus if you have completed 5 years with NPS. If you have completed 10 years then you can close the account but 20% lumpsum withdrawal and for rest 80% you have to get a annuity plan.
I think you can withdraw entire corpus after 5 years:

Can I exit from NPS after 5 years?

Pre-mature Exit applicable in case of voluntary closure of PRAN by the subscriber, subject to subscriber having been registered under NPS for 5 years. If the corpus on the date of initiation of the pre-mature exit request is equal to or less than ₹ 2.50 lakh, entire corpus can be withdrawn as lump sum.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
I think you can withdraw entire corpus after 5 years:

Can I exit from NPS after 5 years?
no
i think tier 1 nps isnt exitable
a part of tier 2 nps cvan be redeemeded
Pre-mature Exit applicable in case of voluntary closure of PRAN by the subscriber, subject to subscriber having been registered under NPS for 5 years. If the corpus on the date of initiation of the pre-mature exit request is equal to or less than ₹ 2.50 lakh, entire corpus can be withdrawn as lump sum.

bsc0008

TF Select
Contributor
Last month I closed NPS account prematurely. We've to satisfy below condition to receive full money
1. Should be in NPS for more than 5 years
2. Overall Tier-1 corpus should be less than 2.5L.
If our corpus is more than 2.5L we'll get 20% lumpsum and remaining 80% should be invested in a annuity plan.

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Last month I closed NPS account prematurely. We've to satisfy below condition to receive full money
If our corpus is more than 2.5L we'll get 20% lumpsum and remaining 80% should be invested in a annuity plan.
Was it easy to get withdrawal? Can you share approx timelines and the effort?

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
So basically, you should 50K per year till 4th year and then stop. on completion of 5 years, we can withdraw the whole amount