• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Weird issue - CIBIL score disappeared!

Hello guys,

Facing a weird issue in my wife's CIBIL. She has two active credit cards and until last month, she had a good CIBIL score consistently above 780 (she had CIBIL history since 2011).

Suddenly, her entire CIBIL history has disappeared. CIBIL score is NH. I logged into the CIBIL portal to check the free score and it says she has no accounts active!! Her last name and first name have been swapped (i.e. first name has the last name and vice versa).

Accounts section says no open accounts, no closed accounts. But she currently has two active credit cards - ICICI (Coral, Sapphiro) and HDFC. She is making purchases and payments on time even this month.
Only the enquiry section correctly has the previous enquiries done by banks.

Any idea how to resolve this? If I try to raise a dispute under the "account information" section, there are no accounts displayed so I'm not able to raise a dispute.

Highly appreciate any pointers to resolve this and bring back her CIBIL history and score.

Thank you!

Hello guys,

Facing a weird issue in my wife's CIBIL. She has two active credit cards and until last month, she had a good CIBIL score consistently above 780 (she had CIBIL history since 2011).

Suddenly, her entire CIBIL history has disappeared. I logged into the CIBIL portal to check the free score and it says she has no accounts active!! Her last name and first name have been swapped (i.e. first name has the last name and vice versa).

Accounts section says no open accounts, no closed accounts. But she currently has two active credit cards - ICICI (Coral, Sapphiro) and HDFC.

Any idea how to resolve this? If I try to raise a dispute under the "account information" section, there are no accounts displayed so I'm not able to raise a dispute.

Highly appreciate any pointers to resolve this and bring back her CIBIL history and score.

Thank you!
It may be a technical glitch, try later today or tomorrow.
If not fixed then you can approach their customer service

Hello guys,

Suddenly, her entire CIBIL history has disappeared. I logged into the CIBIL portal to check the free score and it says she has no accounts active!! Her last name and first name have been swapped (i.e. first name has the last name and vice versa).

Accounts section says no open accounts, no closed accounts. But she currently has two active credit cards - ICICI (Coral, Sapphiro) and HDFC.

Thank you!
Just wait for sometime.. when did you see it in correct way last time ?

It may be a technical glitch, try later today or tomorrow.
If not fixed then you can approach their customer service
I first noticed this issue about 15 days ago and waiting it out thinking it might be a glitch and get resolved. But still facing this issue.
Just wait for sometime.. when did you see it in correct way last time ?
I last checked it about 2 months ago and she had a score of 789.

Hello guys,

Suddenly, her entire CIBIL history has disappeared. CIBIL score is NH. I logged into the CIBIL portal to check the free score and it says she has no accounts active!! Her last name and first name have been swapped (i.e. first name has the last name and vice versa).

Accounts section says no open accounts, no closed accounts. But she currently has two active credit cards - ICICI (Coral, Sapphiro) and HDFC. She is making purchases and payments on time even this month.

Thank you!
Can you see ... identification details like pan number, ckyc, voter Id?

Cibil report -> profile info -> identi.....

I first noticed this issue about 15 days ago and waiting it out thinking it might be a glitch and get resolved. But still facing this issue.

I last checked it about 2 months ago and she had a score of 789.
If it is there for 15 days, then first contact CIBIL and explain them the issue..

ulitmately it has to be fixed from the Bank's side , if the issue is not with CIBIl..

there was some fundamental issue with your account mapping.. it seems

Can you see ... identification details like pan number, ckyc, voter Id?

Cibil report -> profile info -> identi.....
The profile info has her name (first name and last name swapped as I mentioned earlier), PAN number, mobile number, email ID and address.
If it is there for 15 days, then first contact CIBIL and explain them the issue..

ulitmately it has to be fixed from the Bank's side only..
Is there any email ID? I can only see a "write to us" section on that website but that only give FAQ style answers.

@maverickgenius .... while creating cibil ac ... did you gave ... pan as id or something else ?

Once try to get cibil report via third party apps like onescore, gpay, amazon .....

What about other credit bureaus like cirf, experian ??
I gave my PAN card number.
Tried getting CIBIL via Amazon and GPay. Says no score available.

Let me try CIRF and Experian. Thanks for the suggestion.

Transunion CIBIL adopting new methodology & setting new algorithm for scire calculation from last couple of months. Its purely Transunion CIBIL technical glitch. Dont wait further. File dispute with fresh & old Control Number of CIBIL report. They will rectify but with new SUPRISING score 🙂

I gave my PAN card number.
Tried getting CIBIL via Amazon and GPay. Says no score available.

Let me try CIRF and Experian. Thanks for the suggestion.
I have cibil escalation and NO emails, but they do not answer emails timely ... it takes months.

Try to visit cibil contact us page.

Help line number is avaliable try to dispute as advised by

Transunion CIBIL adopting new methodology & setting new algorithm for scire calculation from last couple of months. Its purely Transunion CIBIL technical glitch. Dont wait further. File dispute with fresh & old Control Number of CIBIL report. They will rectify but with new SUPRISING score 🙂

Even chat with agent option available.

.... Ask them to file a dispute and take service request number.

I have cibil escalation and NO emails, but they do not answer emails timely ... it takes months.

Try to visit cibil contact us page.

Help line number is avaliable try to dispute as advised by

Even chat with agent option available.

.... Ask them to file a dispute and take service request number.
Connected to live agent and they only give template copy-paste replies. The chatbox says "live agent" but I'm not sure if it is an agent or a bot :D

Anyways, the chatbox gave the link to file a service request. I have submitted it and got an automated email with a SR number. Hope they respond on time.

File dispute with fresh & old Control Number of CIBIL report.
The chatbox agent also suggested to enter the old control number but I lost the older reports as my wife recently changed her phone. Any way to get the control numbers of the older reports? I got the reports earlier from Amazon. Does the app store the history?

Pull again CIBIL report from where did you pull report within 1month. Paisabazar give updated report every 1 month. Had you pulled from paisabazar within month you could again pull your old report with old comtrol number

Connected to live agent and they only give template copy-paste replies. The chatbox says "live agent" but I'm not sure if it is an agent or a bot :D

Anyways, the chatbox gave the link to file a service request. I have submitted it and got an automated email with a SR number. Hope they respond on time.

The chatbox agent also suggested to enter the old control number but I lost the older reports as my wife recently changed her phone. Any way to get the control numbers of the older reports? I got the reports earlier from Amazon. Does the app store the history?
check mails or if you have downloaded and deleted ... try to recover cibil reports.

Save that sr, even after 30 days unresolved. try to escalate via NO and PNO, from same contact us page.

if issue resolved they will share a free cibill report too, automatically to a mail.

Update:
I raised a dispute for updating the name. CIBIL closed it saying the name was as shared by AXIS bank. But my wife never has any association with AXIS (no bank account, credit card, etc.)

I also wrote to CIBIL and they have replied asking for control number of the older CIBIL report where the score was 780.

I checked my past files and was able to find the report, however the PDF password doesn't work.

I had downloaded it from her ICICI wealth management account when they used to provide it for free earlier. I tried DDMMYYYY and first four letters of first name and year of birth. Both of them don't work.

Any pointers to the PDF password for opening CIBIL reports downloaded from ICICI wealth management? @SSV bro I believe you had an ICICI WM account.

@Tejo and other - how should I approach this now? Shouldn't CIBIL have my older history also? Why are they asking me for the control number?

Back