• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What are the options to pay indirectly via Amex when Amex is not accepted?

nikhilk21

TF Buzz
Hello everyone,

I wanted to know what do you guys generally do when Amex is not accepted for a particular payment? I have been using MRCC & Plat Travel since last 3 months. Although my monthly expenses are ~ 60-70k, I am able to only do 20-25k through direct Amex/GVs. To avoid the stress of hitting 20k every month, and the 4L annual milestone I started loading MobiKwik @3% charges and using that

Is this wise? Would I be getting net +ve returns on my MR earned? Is there any other way you guys pay via Amex indirectly?

Last edited:
M
Why am I hearing about this for the first time?? :exploding-head:

Also whats the most reliable way to get amazon Pay balance (from AmEx gyfter ofc) to bank to pay someone?
Mobikwik has been there for quite a while with fluctuating fees from 2.95 to 3.25% on wallet loading. No fees for bank transfer. But the point is it’s more or less a desperate option especially for people who don’t hold Plat Travel and hold other Amex variants such as MRCC whose post fees return doesn’t justify the pain one takes going through this route. In my case I hardly use this option as my current spending pattern very much align with Amex hence it’s rewarding for me (I manage two trifectas within family). Simply put if you have a very significant portion of your spends which you can put online, on fuel, on groceries, etc then and only then one should opt for Amex at all. Otherwise no point in getting into a FOMO for holding an Amex which if doesn’t align your spend pattern simply becomes a liability. And you know a card is a liability when you keep on looking for ways to spend through on it constantly.

With regards to Apay Balance to account or other person transfer I don’t know of any existing method for the same.

Last edited:
Back