• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What's the review of BLDC ceiling fans? Any recommendations?

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
I plan to buy four ceiling fans. Recently came across the BLDC category that is better for energy efficiency.
While normal fan consumes 75W they only use 30W for the same capability.

But their online reviews are riddled with fans that suddenly stop working and service is very slow to get it replaced or repaired. The local repairman will also refuse since it's out of their scope to fix PCBs.

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have firsthand experience of replacing the Atomberg fan.
It worked for 6 months (was used very less) and suddenly stopped working. The customer care sent the person next day and replaced the motor.

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
I have firsthand experience of replacing the Atomberg fan.
It worked for 6 months (was used very less) and suddenly stopped working. The customer care sent the person next day and replaced the motor.
Any problem after replacing and for how long since then? Seems like randomly stopping to work is a common thing.

paresh22

TF Ace
How long have you been using it?
Since 18 months. Complained 6 times, got fan replacement on 5 th complaint, still it failed and suddenly speed become variable. So finally motherboard replaced. It's six months now. Working fine. I remember on 3rd complaint also they replaced motherboard.

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have been using 2 atomberg renessa fans for the last 2.5 years. Quite satisfied with the performance and service.

1 year ago one of fans got its board fried during a lightning. I raised a service request at night, next day someone came and replaced the board.

Nilanchal

TF Premier
Yep!! Replaced all fans with atomberg bldc under dsm program by tata. Per piece costed me 1700rs ig.
All working great, their support is indeed nice. Service guy comes same or next day.(atleast for tier 1 cities).
If one service guy visits, you can contact him for future queries, they'll resolve issue first and raise complain there itself.
Even recommended to others but Crompton was cheaper than atomberg that time, so my frnds opted Crompton and even Crompton working fine.

Best part is, you will notice a drastic change of ~150rs per fan per month.(depends on ur usage). Even no problem of capacitor changing incase of bldc.

Nilanchal

TF Premier
Cool. I forgot to ask. Is installation complementary or I'll have to handle it?
You can raise for renessa and above variant. They'll install.
Even though company do not provide installation for lower variant but you can call and tell them to make a service guy visit your home stating any reason. The service guy are kind enough and they'll install themselves