• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which Accor Plus Membership Offers Better Value for a Retiree with a Global Travel Goal?

Gabbar.Singh

TF Select
1) Accor Plus Explorer Membership
2) Accor Plus Traveller Membership

Which membership program offers better value? As a retired person with good mobility, my goal is to travel all over the world.

Which one should I choose? The presentation on their website is so complex that I am unable to decide.

Explorer gives one night stay free at locations in Asia and few other countries. Traveller does not. That is the main difference. Rest everything is same

If you are going to stay in the location that provides one night stay and value of stay is more than explorer vs traveller price difference then consider it accordingly.

Explorer gives one night stay free at locations in Asia and few other countries. Traveller does not. That is the main difference. Rest everything is same

If you are going to stay in the location that provides one night stay and value of stay is more than explorer vs traveller price difference then consider it accordingly.
It doesn't cover Europe, it seems. Is there any other hotel chain that offers any such program?

There are may programs such as Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Wyndham etc.

But it all depends on your use cases and budget ranges. If you have Amex MR points, use them for Marriott. Axis cards offer better value with Accor.

If you don't have any of these, best option is to book hotel via aggregators at lowest possible rate in your desired star category

There are may programs such as Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Wyndham etc.

But it all depends on your use cases and budget ranges. If you have Amex MR points, use them for Marriott. Axis cards offer better value with Accor.

If you don't have any of these, best option is to book hotel via aggregators at lowest possible rate in your desired star category
I carry DCB, IDFC Wealth, PNB RuPay Select, Kotak League and Federal Imperio. All are LTF. I am afraid they don't carry any such benefits.

I carry DCB, IDFC Wealth, PNB RuPay Select, Kotak League and Federal Imperio. All are LTF. I am afraid they don't carry any such benefits.
Out of the cards you mentioned, DCB can give you benefits for hotel booking if you book via HDFC Smartbuy. Rest of the cards wont carry any benefits

If Accor u should be aiming at getting platinum or diamond status as that would help n save u a lot. There are many ways to get platinum

Can you direct me to a link that lists the ways to get platinum or diamond membership?
This no direct way.. u have to spend to get platinum like buying Accor singnature Brazil plan in which u get 75000 reward points plus 12000 status points. Now u need to spend another 2000€ in a year on your stays to get balance 2000 status points to reach 14000status points for platinum. U can club this with Accor plus. U can now use Qatar fastrack option u reach gold by just staying 3 days fully paid.

But really I don't think it's worth spending so much because Platinum is just early check in, late check out, room upgrade (only if available and usually in higher category hotels) and priority checkin.

There is no welcome drink in Ibis Styles or Ibis Budget and I got a room upgrade even though I am only silver.
But I could not get early check in

Last edited:
But really I don't think it's worth spending so much because Platinum is just early check in, late check out, room upgrade (in higher category hotels) and priority checkin.

There is no welcome drink in Ibis Styles or Ibis Budget and I got a room upgrade even though I am only silver.
But I could not get early check in
What about Gold? Is the worth it ?

Yes it Ok Better than Silver. But accor True Benefits starts from Platinum
Hi Sahil - Considering you are super familiar with accor, I have a question for you.

Considering I will close 2024 with Platinum which will be valid till 31 Dec, 2025. Now if I do not earn any night / status points in 2025 then what will be my status effective 01 Jan, 2026? Will it get downgraded to one step below (eg. Gold) or it will be Classic?

Hi Sahil - Considering you are super familiar with accor, I have a question for you.

Considering I will close 2024 with Platinum which will be valid till 31 Dec, 2025. Now if I do not earn any night / status points in 2025 then what will be my status effective 01 Jan, 2026? Will it get downgraded to one step below (eg. Gold) or it will be Classic?
On 1st January 2025, your status nights will be reset to 0, but you will continue the Platinum status till the date of expiry of your Accorplus membership in 2025. After that date, you will be downgraded.

On 1st January 2025, your status nights will be reset to 0, but you will continue the Platinum status till the date of expiry of your Accorplus membership in 2025. After that date, you will be downgraded.
Are you sure about this? I think status also resets end of year. So by end of year, account will reset to base tier ( for Accor Plus its Silver )

The status is calculated at end of every year.

When your status expires, if you have not acquired enough Points or Nights to maintain it, your status will be re-evaluated on January 1st.
Example: You have Gold status until December 31st 2023. You have earned 20 Status Nights during 2023. On January 1st 2024, your status will be changed to Silver.

Accor Plus has nothing to do with Silver or Gold Status. You can be Silver, Gold or Platinum without even Accor Plus.
@chasni @Dragon_slayer You guys are incorrect. See attached screenshot. My status nights were reset to 0 on 1/1/2024 (4 as of today) but I continue the Gold status till the expiry of my Accorplus membership on 31/8/2024. I was not downgraded. The same has happened with other members too.

Attachments

• IMG_4373.jpeg
    IMG_4373.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 19
Back