• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which Accor Plus Membership Offers Better Value for a Retiree with a Global Travel Goal?

@chasni @Dragon_slayer You guys are incorrect. See attached screenshot. My status nights were reset to 0 on 1/1/2024 (4 as of today) but I continue the Gold status till the expiry of my Accorplus membership on 31/8/2024. I was not downgraded. The same has happened with other members too.
On 31sr dec 23 what was ur stats. its checked on that bases for 2024. Accor plus only gives now 20 nights and discounts its no where related to status. If u have Accor plus u would be having silver has min base status.

On 31sr dec 23 what was ur stats. its checked on that bases for 2024. Accor plus only gives now 20 nights and discounts its no where related to status. If u have Accor plus u would be having silver has min base status.
It was Gold on 31st December, and I was not downgraded on 1st January, 2024. I continued the Gold status. The expiry date is the same as Accorplus membership.

P.S. I havent purchased any membership in 2024. Just the Accorplus membership on 31/8/2023. And completed just 4 nights in 2024, where I enjoyed all the benefits of being a Gold member.

It was Gold on 31st December, and I was not downgraded on 1st January, 2024. I continued the Gold status. The expiry date is the same as Accorplus membership.

P.S. I havent purchased any membership in 2024. Just the Accorplus membership on 31/8/2023. And completed just 4 nights in 2024, where I enjoyed all the benefits of being a Gold member.
U answered it on 31sr dec u were gold. Then u will be gold till 31st dec 2024.

@chasni @Dragon_slayer You guys are incorrect. See attached screenshot. My status nights were reset to 0 on 1/1/2024 (4 as of today) but I continue the Gold status till the expiry of my Accorplus membership on 31/8/2024. I was not downgraded. The same has happened with other members too.
How much discount will I get for 2 nights at Mama Shelter los Angeles if I buy Accor plus membership with/without the free stay?

Since you are an Accor plus member, kindly check if the 1 night free stay is valid/can be used at Mama Shelter 4* hotel in los Angeles?
Many rooms available here.
@chasni @Dragon_slayer

Last edited:
How much discount will I get for 2 nights at Mama Shelter los Angeles if I buy Accor plus membership with/without the free stay?

Since you are an Accor plus member, kindly check if the 1 night free stay is valid/can be used at Mama Shelter 4* hotel in los Angeles?
Many rooms available here.
@chasni @Dragon_slayer
I got the Accorplus Traveler membership (not explorer), so I did not get the stay plus benefit. I can’t check that for you. But, if you tell me your check-in date, I can check the price for 2 nights.

That information is misleading. I have the same in my app but you will notice after Aug 31st that your gold will continue. Only your Accor Plus features will be withdrawn.

Accor ALL is the loyalty program that gives the status Silver, Gold etc. while Plus is a add-on program for extra benefits and provides faster upgrade to membership tier in ALL program.

See this link. It will make things clear. Link

That information is misleading. I have the same in my app but you will notice after Aug 31st that your gold will continue. Only your Accor Plus features will be withdrawn.

Accor ALL is the loyalty program that gives the status Silver, Gold etc. while Plus is a add-on program for extra benefits and provides faster upgrade to membership tier in ALL program.

I know all that. But, what I do not understand is that I bought the Accorplus membership on 31st August 2023- so automatically upgraded to silver (20 status nights). Then, in november i became gold (crossed 30 nights).

According to their rules, I should have been downgraded on the 1st of January 2024 (as my status nights were back to zero). But, the gold membership continued, and it clearly states "You are a Gold member untill 31st of August 2024" (which is the date of expiry of the Accorplus membership).

Last edited:
If your Silver / Gold is due to purchase of Accor Plus, then validity of status is as per Accor Plus validity

If Silver / Gold is due to stays and expenses and not due to Accor plus, then it will act differently

I have verified this last time during renewal. I was gold ---> renewed accor plus again ---> maintained gold for another year till accor plus membership date

I know all that. But, what I do not understand is that I bought the Accorplus membership on 31st August 2023- so automatically upgraded to silver (20 status nights). Then, in november i became gold (crossed 30 nights).

According to their rules, I should have been downgraded on the 1st of January 2024 (as my status nights were back to zero). But, the gold membership continued, and it clearly states "You are a Gold member untill 31st of August 2024" (which is the date of expiry of the Accorplus membership).
When the status resets at the beginning of the new year, you retain your previous status from the new year. This is how every hotel loyalty program works. Even in Marriott, if you achieve gold within this year then you continue the gold till the end of next year.

In summary, the status for the current year is decided based on 1) Status in previous year and 2) Nights/points accumulated this year

Last edited:

Do you mean Accor Gold benefits will continue for an entire year, from the date it was started from ? So if I got upgrade to Gold in June , 2024 then will it continue till June 2025?

1) Accor Plus Explorer Membership
2) Accor Plus Traveller Membership

Which membership program offers better value? As a retired person with good mobility, my goal is to travel all over the world.

Which one should I choose? The presentation on their website is so complex that I am unable to decide.
Also look at Accor Vouyager

Back