• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which card to use for Advance Tax Payment

nileshgr

TF Buzz
The PG charges for HDFC cards on HDFC PG is 0.75%. Are you sure it wasn't charged ?
Yes, the amount I see in my "unbilled transactions" is the exact same amount I entered in the challan.
So either HDFC doesn't charge this or they will charge it later at the time of statement generation.

techt

TF Legend
Yes, the amount I see in my "unbilled transactions" is the exact same amount I entered in the challan.
So either HDFC doesn't charge this or they will charge it later at the time of statement generation.
Interesting . Keep us posted.

Tay

TF Buzz
Contributor
VIP Lounge
It will be reflected in the bill generated. I too had witnessed the same for another HDFC card

Nonetheless do let us know whether it was charged or not

Naga Kiran

TF Buzz
Anyone tired activating UPI for IDFC Wealth CC (https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/credit-card/rupay-credit-card) and making Advance tax payment?
If it works, can avoid CC PG charges?

It's not clear from the points if we get 10X on these payments:
  • Insurance and utility bill payments will earn 1X reward points
  • The rewards structure for all other transactions on your existing IDFC FIRST Bank Credit Card will remain same
As advance tax payment doesn't fall under Insurance and utility bill payments, rewards structure is same as existing CC ?

techt

TF Legend
IDFC
Anyone tired activating UPI for IDFC Wealth CC (https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/credit-card/rupay-credit-card) and making Advance tax payment?
If it works, can avoid CC PG charges?

It's not clear from the points if we get 10X on these payments:
  • Insurance and utility bill payments will earn 1X reward points
  • The rewards structure for all other transactions on your existing IDFC FIRST Bank Credit Card will remain same
As advance tax payment doesn't fall under Insurance and utility bill payments, rewards structure is same as existing CC ?
Wealth cc gives 6x, 10X for government payments.
For taxes I did receive 10x for 30k above.

nileshgr

TF Buzz
Interesting . Keep us posted.

It will be reflected in the bill generated. I too had witnessed the same for another HDFC card

Nonetheless do let us know whether it was charged or not

The transaction amount in my unbilled got updated with the charges. This is a weird arrangement compared to what I saw previously when I paid tax by CC. At that time they changed the transaction amount itself.

Tay

TF Buzz
Contributor
VIP Lounge
The transaction amount in my unbilled got updated with the charges. This is a weird arrangement compared to what I saw previously when I paid tax by CC. At that time they changed the transaction amount itself.
Yup, its very weird. It should be an upfront disclosure

VGisHere

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Any conclusions on IDFC Wealth DC vs CC for tax payments of about 80k?

DC -> till 50k (4RP/150, 1333RP) + (10RP/100 -> 3000RP) (3333RP, 335+750 = Rs1085)
CC -> 6RP/100 till 30k + 10RP/100 for next 50k (1800+5000=6800 = Rs. 1700)

With CC, add about 1% gateway charges, Rs 800, effective on CC = Rs 900
vs on DC, Rs 1085

Is the calculation correct?

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend

DC -> 0.67% till 50k + 2.34% for 30k (335+702 = Rs1037)

vs on DC, Rs 1037

CC is correct. I am unsure about DC, but mostly correct.

VGisHere

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Meanwhile, I couldn't get anything on "Samsung Infinite CC"

As if that offers 5RP/100, it ERPS would total to 4000RP, which can give value of about Rs 1600.

Does the card have an exclusion for tax payments/govt payments?

shenoyanil98

TF Buzz

DC -> till 50k (4RP/150, 1333RP) + (10RP/150 -> 2000RP) (3333RP, 335+500 = Rs835)

vs on DC, Rs 835

Wealth debit card above 50000 it is 10x rewards for every 100 and not every 150 so it is 2.5% returns above 50000