• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which Phone Should I Replace My S22 With? Green Line Issue & Upcoming Sale Tomorrow – Buy Now or Wait Another Year?

've been using the Samsung Galaxy S22 (256GB) for almost 2 years now, and it recently developed a green line issue on the display. I’m pretty sure it happened after some update (definitely not from tossing it in the air, lol). While I've fixed other phones in the past, I’m not particularly eager to repair this one. I also use a Samsung Watch 5 cellular.

In the past, I’ve had the Galaxy S4, S6 Edge (my dad’s), and another Samsung device—all with less-than-great experiences. However, my OnePlus experience with the 3T, 5, 5T, and 7 Pro (256GB) was much better. The 3T had a display issue, but it was fixed under warranty for free, and the 7 Pro’s pop-up camera needed repairs after 1.5 years, which was cheap to fix.

I started with an iPhone 4S in 2012/2013 but switched to Android after 9-12 months. My first Android was an HTC, which still works!

Currently, I’m using the iPhone 13, and it’s about to hit the 2-year mark in October (bought during the BBD sale). With the S22 acting up, I’m debating whether to upgrade now. I never drop my phones and always use tempered glass and a sturdy case.

Now, I’m torn between the Samsung S24 Plus and the iPhone 16 Pro (256GB). Despite the display issues I’ve had with Samsung, the features always draw me back. My heart leans toward the S24 series, but my brain says the iPhone 16 Pro might offer a solid 4-year no-upgrade run.

Interestingly, after switching from Chrome to the Brave browser, I’ve noticed a lot less lag on the S22, so that’s been a small bonus.

Should I stick with the S22, avoid buying a new phone, and just wait for the green line to “magically” fix itself? No joke, the only good thing about the green line is that I don’t use my S22 as much (my daily driver, which I usually prefer over the iPhone because of the 120Hz display). Half the screen is covered in green, so I’ve cut back on time spent on Twitter and other apps, focusing more on my laptop for work.

P.S. I also own a Samsung Tab S9 (256GB) and another Samsung tablet.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Get S23 Ultra at 69,999 on amazon (post discounts & coupon) on this Great India Festival.
Or if you want to get hands on latest phone, then it will cost bit more (specifically ultra edition will cost a lot).
1727253821799.webp

I'm in a similar situation. Been using s21 fe for last 2.5 yrs and recently a couple of green lines appeared. Samsung denied free replacement due to couple.of dents and scratches on frame.

Thinking of exchanging it since Flipkart is offering decent price for it. Planning to get P8 or S23 due to their small form factor.

Green line issue is widespread. Talk to cc, they might replace for free. I got my oneplus screen replaced twice on a 4 year old 8T (which still runs butter smooth BTW) . And do check samsung app for better offers

Green line issue is widespread. Talk to cc, they might replace for free. I got my oneplus screen replaced twice on a 4 year old 8T (which still runs butter smooth BTW) . And do check samsung app for better offers
Free replacement for out of warranty products?

've been using the Samsung Galaxy S22 (256GB) for almost 2 years now, and it recently developed a green line issue on the display. I’m pretty sure it happened after some update (definitely not from tossing it in the air, lol). While I've fixed other phones in the past, I’m not particularly eager to repair this one. I also use a Samsung Watch 5 cellular.

In the past, I’ve had the Galaxy S4, S6 Edge (my dad’s), and another Samsung device—all with less-than-great experiences. However, my OnePlus experience with the 3T, 5, 5T, and 7 Pro (256GB) was much better. The 3T had a display issue, but it was fixed under warranty for free, and the 7 Pro’s pop-up camera needed repairs after 1.5 years, which was cheap to fix.

I started with an iPhone 4S in 2012/2013 but switched to Android after 9-12 months. My first Android was an HTC, which still works!

Currently, I’m using the iPhone 13, and it’s about to hit the 2-year mark in October (bought during the BBD sale). With the S22 acting up, I’m debating whether to upgrade now. I never drop my phones and always use tempered glass and a sturdy case.

Now, I’m torn between the Samsung S24 Plus and the iPhone 16 Pro (256GB). Despite the display issues I’ve had with Samsung, the features always draw me back. My heart leans toward the S24 series, but my brain says the iPhone 16 Pro might offer a solid 4-year no-upgrade run.

Interestingly, after switching from Chrome to the Brave browser, I’ve noticed a lot less lag on the S22, so that’s been a small bonus.

Should I stick with the S22, avoid buying a new phone, and just wait for the green line to “magically” fix itself? No joke, the only good thing about the green line is that I don’t use my S22 as much (my daily driver, which I usually prefer over the iPhone because of the 120Hz display). Half the screen is covered in green, so I’ve cut back on time spent on Twitter and other apps, focusing more on my laptop for work.

P.S. I also own a Samsung Tab S9 (256GB) and another Samsung tablet.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
My take: If it's bot bothering much, then it doesn't make much sense much to buy a new one, merely because of it. Because almost all brands are green lines prone these days, so it won't guarantee, the same will not happen again in future, applies when you're going to update software.

If you're seriously looking to buy anyway, then better not to update immediately when you receive it, but wait atleast 3-5 months and search all over social media about it impacts. Though, it's not 100% full proof solution. 😐

Rest aapka paisa, aur aapka man 🙂

Don't buy any android phone with Amoled display, the past few years amoled screens are faulty.
If you still desire new phone, for now take iPhone.

Update : non-pro iPhone.

Last edited:
s22u is covered, s22 isn't covered that why.. i did visited service center and they said no. and asked for 11k to repair.
Rather I say invest some money to drag Samsung to Consumer Court and ask hefty compensation. 🙂

Wastage of lil time, effort and litigation costs, all are worth it, on getting hefty compensation in lakhs and leaning in the meantime, teaching some lessons to Samsung, in my opinion, in such cases.

Last edited:
Don't buy any android phone with Amoled display, the past few years amoled screens are faulty.
If you still desire new phone, for now take iPhone.
Apple started and fixed it, like none can think of just with a software update. And now no one members it. 😂

Display is not only the cause. Samsung provides the same to apple as well.

But because of his bad experience with the smartphone and customer support, it's nightmare to consider Samsung again, right @vaibhav111? 😬
eah, that's the thing... My dad's S20 Ultra also developed a green line, and he paid 20k to fix it. He wanted to sell it for 50k, and that's the 512GB variant. I could just exchange my S22 and pay the difference, even though the money would stay within the family, but I said no. I’d rather use the S22 until it dies on me.

An hour ago, I watched a Samsung AI video showcasing some cool features like the interpreter and sketch-to-image tools, and a couple of other things. I’m not sure why Samsung doesn’t offer a 1+1 extended warranty, especially since I could upgrade within 2 years. After watching Geekyranjit’s video, though, I’m starting to feel like buying a new phone is a trap.

I’ll probably head to the Samsung Café near my office and ask about an exchange, just to hear how much they'd offer. Though, I suspect they might say it’s not possible because of the display issue. I was thinking about keeping the S22 and buying a new phone later, but now it’s either keep the S22 and upgrade next year.

Back