• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which Phone Should I Replace My S22 With? Green Line Issue & Upcoming Sale Tomorrow – Buy Now or Wait Another Year?

Rather I say invest some money to drag Samsung to Consumer Court and ask hefty compensation. 🙂

Wastage of lil time, effort and litigation costs, all are worth it, on getting hefty compensation in lakhs and leaning in the meantime, teaching some lessons to Samsung, in my opinion, in such cases.
have very little knowledge how would i proceed if i do, would be finishing daredevil tonight I'm on last episode of s3, so i don't believe in the law anymore and it would just waste of time & money. how two are connected they are not though but wanted to mentioned it.

iphone 16 have green line issue? already???
Yep.
As most might have known already, oled and its variants have Samsung as oem in most phones.
Its unclear as to what causes it, maybe heat, maybe connector issues, something else, but it is happening regardless of OS and brand.

One can even say that phone industry has failed the customers.

Monopoly renders people satisfied with mediocrity.

iphone too have green line issue.. as per Geekyranjit video.
That's pretty bad, thanks for sharing.

I thought non-pro models of iPhone won't have green screen issue.

Anyways if this how the case is, what's the assurance any new phone (Amoled/ OLED display) a person buy won't have green screen issue in future? will insurance help?

FYI : I've moto g42 (secondary phone) and without any update, the screen turned green and is hardly usable.

Last edited:
That's pretty bad, thanks for sharing.

I thought non-pro models of iPhone won't have green screen issue.

Anyways if this how the case is, what's the assurance any new phone (Amoled/ OLED display) a person buy won't have green screen issue in future? will insurance help?

FYI : I've moto g42 (secondary phone) and without any update, the screen turned green and is hardly usable.
In iphone it's just not a line, rather it's covered almost the screen, totally unusable.

Last edited:
S
've been using the Samsung Galaxy S22 (256GB) for almost 2 years now, and it recently developed a green line issue on the display. I’m pretty sure it happened after some update (definitely not from tossing it in the air, lol). While I've fixed other phones in the past, I’m not particularly eager to repair this one. I also use a Samsung Watch 5 cellular.

In the past, I’ve had the Galaxy S4, S6 Edge (my dad’s), and another Samsung device—all with less-than-great experiences. However, my OnePlus experience with the 3T, 5, 5T, and 7 Pro (256GB) was much better. The 3T had a display issue, but it was fixed under warranty for free, and the 7 Pro’s pop-up camera needed repairs after 1.5 years, which was cheap to fix.

I started with an iPhone 4S in 2012/2013 but switched to Android after 9-12 months. My first Android was an HTC, which still works!

Currently, I’m using the iPhone 13, and it’s about to hit the 2-year mark in October (bought during the BBD sale). With the S22 acting up, I’m debating whether to upgrade now. I never drop my phones and always use tempered glass and a sturdy case.

Now, I’m torn between the Samsung S24 Plus and the iPhone 16 Pro (256GB). Despite the display issues I’ve had with Samsung, the features always draw me back. My heart leans toward the S24 series, but my brain says the iPhone 16 Pro might offer a solid 4-year no-upgrade run.

Interestingly, after switching from Chrome to the Brave browser, I’ve noticed a lot less lag on the S22, so that’s been a small bonus.

Should I stick with the S22, avoid buying a new phone, and just wait for the green line to “magically” fix itself? No joke, the only good thing about the green line is that I don’t use my S22 as much (my daily driver, which I usually prefer over the iPhone because of the 120Hz display). Half the screen is covered in green, so I’ve cut back on time spent on Twitter and other apps, focusing more on my laptop for work.

P.S. I also own a Samsung Tab S9 (256GB) and another Samsung tablet.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

The Samsung S23 Ultra is currently the best option if you're looking to buy a Samsung phone. However, if you're open to waiting, I would suggest holding off for a few months for the Samsung S25 series. Also, Samsung phones are best purchased during two specific times in the year for the best deals or value: either at launch, where you get a lot of free gifts, or during sales like Diwali when there are significant price cuts.

Regarding the green line issue, I've been using Samsung phones for more than 10 years, and I've never encountered this problem. I’m currently using the Samsung S23 Ultra, and I recently updated it to One UI 6.1.1. Everything is working perfectly. The issue usually arises when people rush to update the software or when there’s a problem during the update process. That’s when the green lines appear. Another reason for the green line is excessive exposure to sunlight. I’ve personally seen this in many cases where people who frequently use their phones in direct sunlight encounter the green line issue. So, it’s better to limit phone usage under sunlight.

In some service centers, especially in metro cities, they fix the green line issue for free. So, it's worth checking. These days, the green line issue can occur on any phone with just a bit of carelessness, and it also depends on luck. Almost all good phones nowadays use OLED screens, so screen burn-in and green line issues are somewhat common. No matter which brand or phone you choose, this risk is always there. However, in 99% of cases, if you buy a Samsung Ultra series phone, they will fix it for free.

If you're considering buying a phone during an exchange offer, I would suggest waiting for the S25 series to launch and pre-booking your phone at that time. You’ll get a better exchange price, along with additional free gifts.

Lastly, no matter which expensive phone you buy, issues can arise with any of them. This largely depends on how you use the phone and, to some extent, on your luck. In my experience, if you're buying a flagship phone, it’s best to upgrade after 2-3 years of use. You can pass the old phone to a younger sibling or a relative, depending on your luck, phone can be servive in many years. After 2 years, even flagship phones tend to develop issues. I’m speaking from personal experience.

Thanks for reading.

The issue usually arises when people rush to update the software or when there’s a problem during the update process. That’s when the green lines appear.
What do you mean by saying it?
Explain it.

One more question, Ultra variants are rectangular in shape. So, aren't their sharp edges make it inconvenient to use keeping in hand or holding with the both the hand in landscape mode or keeping it inside the pocket?

've been using the Samsung Galaxy S22 (256GB) for almost 2 years now, and it recently developed a green line issue on the display. I’m pretty sure it happened after some update (definitely not from tossing it in the air, lol). While I've fixed other phones in the past, I’m not particularly eager to repair this one. I also use a Samsung Watch 5 cellular.

In the past, I’ve had the Galaxy S4, S6 Edge (my dad’s), and another Samsung device—all with less-than-great experiences. However, my OnePlus experience with the 3T, 5, 5T, and 7 Pro (256GB) was much better. The 3T had a display issue, but it was fixed under warranty for free, and the 7 Pro’s pop-up camera needed repairs after 1.5 years, which was cheap to fix.

I started with an iPhone 4S in 2012/2013 but switched to Android after 9-12 months. My first Android was an HTC, which still works!

Currently, I’m using the iPhone 13, and it’s about to hit the 2-year mark in October (bought during the BBD sale). With the S22 acting up, I’m debating whether to upgrade now. I never drop my phones and always use tempered glass and a sturdy case.

Now, I’m torn between the Samsung S24 Plus and the iPhone 16 Pro (256GB). Despite the display issues I’ve had with Samsung, the features always draw me back. My heart leans toward the S24 series, but my brain says the iPhone 16 Pro might offer a solid 4-year no-upgrade run.

Interestingly, after switching from Chrome to the Brave browser, I’ve noticed a lot less lag on the S22, so that’s been a small bonus.

Should I stick with the S22, avoid buying a new phone, and just wait for the green line to “magically” fix itself? No joke, the only good thing about the green line is that I don’t use my S22 as much (my daily driver, which I usually prefer over the iPhone because of the 120Hz display). Half the screen is covered in green, so I’ve cut back on time spent on Twitter and other apps, focusing more on my laptop for work.

P.S. I also own a Samsung Tab S9 (256GB) and another Samsung tablet.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
You can get free replacement. Check out this link:

Even though it says that validity of this offer was till April 30, you can still quote this for reference.

Yes. The product should not be more than 3 years old and should not have any physical damage.
Not true entirely. I replaced my screen in the 4th year also. In my case I have a lifetime free screen replacement policy on my device without warranty. Oneplus provides this LTF policy to most of the affected devices, only condition is no physical damage. It's just a hassle to get it replaced due to availability issues and rush.

To add to my previous response, OnePlus is using AMOLED screens from BOE in some of the recent phones, so new manufacturer might not produce these faulty screens, but thats to be seen..

I have Moto G52 smartphone. 28 months old. After a forced update from OEM, my phone developed green line the very next day.

Motorola's latest policy regarding this is not offer a free replacement after 20 months. Visit to the service centre was a waste of time.

Needless to say, I won't be buying OLED screens phones in the future.

It's called pro-retina iGreen screen
Proteins in greens and green in pro retina.
Eyes Watching GIF by Honda

Back