• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which Phone Should I Replace My S22 With? Green Line Issue & Upcoming Sale Tomorrow – Buy Now or Wait Another Year?

not for s22 series just for s22 ultra is included.
Go to Samsung service centre and ask for replacement. I had got free replacement for my S21+ around 6 months back as their was no physical damage to phone and green screen was a known issue with display for these models. After that I exchanged the phone and got good discount on upgrade by Samsung

Go to Samsung service centre and ask for replacement. I had got free replacement for my S21+ around 6 months back as their was no physical damage to phone and green screen was a known issue with display for these models. After that I exchanged the phone and got good discount on upgrade by Samsung
I did that already, I should have checked with various Samsung service center then may be..

What do you mean by saying it?
Explain it.

One more question, Ultra variants are rectangular in shape. So, aren't their sharp edges make it inconvenient to use keeping in hand or holding with the both the hand in landscape mode or keeping it inside the pocket?
It's difficult to fully explain the details of when and how the green line appears through a message. For that, you can search on YouTube to get a better understanding.

Yes, the Ultra variant is bigger in size, and it might be a bit uncomfortable for some people. However, when you use this phone with a good case, the problem becomes less significant. Over time, you also get used to it. As for keeping it in your pocket, there's no issue—especially in jeans or chinos. Personally, I've never had any trouble carrying the phone. But everyone has their own preferences and choices. Also, compared to the S24 Ultra, the S23 Ultra is more comfortable. That's why I suggested the S23 Ultra over the S24 Ultra, considering both price and comfort.

S23 U under 70k is a good deal. But upgrading to s23u feom s22 isn't such a great idea especially when s25 series might be available around new year.
May be you can take a look at pixel 8. At under 32k( plus some extra discount using fk coin) it is a great deal for those who want stable experience with good features but aren't heavy users( gaming, 4k recording/edit).

Over the years I have traded in a Galaxy Note8, S9 and S20, all with display problems (no green lines but yellow/green discolouration), for newer Galaxies from the Samsung Corporate store. Each time I got Rs 6000-11000 for the old phone where the actual phone was worth Rs 500-1500 and the rest was an upgrade bonus from Samsung. Samsung uses Cashify for their exchange program and though the T&C says they won't accept damaged phones apparently discoloured displays are alright. All my phones had no physical damage.

In short, your only bet to get the best value for your S22 is to exchange it via the Samsung Shop / Corporate store. They often have deals matching Amazon/Flipkart sales.

On a related note, my Dad's S22 Ultra developed a screen discolouration immediately after an extended photography session and bluetooth file sharing from a teenager which caused the phone to really heat up. Upgrades also cause the phone to heat up and it is that heat that messes up the display. It isn't a software bug as such. Luckily, a couple of months later Samsung came out with a free screen replacement and the S22 Ultra was eligible. I took it to their service center and they replaced that and the battery for nominal labour charges.

All OLED phones are prone to green line / discolouration especially under heavy use / heat.

I think iphone 15 line up touchwood has escaped the green screen issue so far. Most issues have been with iPhone 13 line up and some with 14 line up too. As for 16 line up will wait and see as more users get it.

Anyone going for iphone should look at 15 series for now or wait few months to see how 16 behaves.

Android users are screwed. No matter the brand. If it's Amoled the green line issue can happen anytime. Wish we had consumer laws like the west and we could sue these Ahole large cooperations wasting people's hard earn money.

Back