• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which UPI app do you like most and why?

Which UPI app do you prefer?

• PhonePe

• GPay

• Amazon Pay

• Bank App (Yono HDFC)

• PayTm

• Others

Results are only viewable after voting.
Paytm works best for me closely followed by Phonepe.
I avoid GPay and Amazon UPI due to the stress it provides till a successful transaction happens.

Gpay, Amazon Pay and Phonepe are third party apps.
Paytm is PSP & Issuer both, I think due to this Paytm has low failure rates and It provides detailed info of receiver like bank name and account last 4 digits. So, Paytm is my favorite UPI app.

@Abhishek012 Enlighten us about UPI apps. ;)
Paytm UPI + Paytm bank is best payment method for UPI payment.
2nd i used NSDL bank linked Amazon UPI (apl handle).

Unified Dispute and Issue Resolution (UDIR) system for UPI or also called online dispute resolution (ODR) system for UPI launched -

I use Gpay and it's quite good with quick scanning and almost nil failure rate. I have tried pockets from ICICI as wallet cum UPI on wallet but stopped as the UI is terrible as well the app is very slow.

Believe it or not, Samsung Pay is a hidden gem. It might be the best app out there, and it is very well integrated into Samsung phones.

• Simplest no frills, prettiest interface yet with the widest range of payments and services which are actually commonly used. It's super efficient to use. Very well structured and complete yet simple. Everything super easy to do and find.
  • You can add most Indian debit and credit cards on Samsung Pay. Forgot your wallet? Not a problem, use tap to pay with your phone! Works exactly the same way as contact less payments with cards work. Your phone is your card.
  • BHIM UPI integration: You can send, pay or request money. You can check the balances of all your bank accounts. Neat and simple integration. You can even view transaction history, complaints, raise queries, etc.
  • PayTM wallet integration, same as the above except you can see your wallet. You can also view the transaction history. The links for support email and calls are there but can't be raised within the app.
  • You can store your vaccination certificate.
  • Samsung Rewards on top of credit/debit card rewards.
  • You can register your bills, get reminders, pay and set autopay. They get setup automatically from other integrations if they exist like PayTM.
  • Fast tag recharge.
  • You'll have recent recipients as well as your phone book recipients.
Tons of other stuff which I'd call basic. Sadly only available on Samsung Phones but they are killing it.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, Samsung Pay is a hidden gem.

• Simplest and prettiest interface with the widest range of payments and services which are actually commonly used. It's super efficient to use. Very well structured and complete yet simple. Everything super easy to do and find.
  • You can add most Indian debit and credit cards on Samsung Pay. Forgot your wallet? Not a problem, use tap to pay with your phone! Works exactly the same way as contact less payments with cards work. Your phone is your card.
  • BHIM UPI integration: You can send, pay or request money. You can check the balances of all your bank accounts. Neat and simple integration. You can even view transaction history, complaints, raise queries, etc.
  • PayTM wallet integration, same as the above except you can your wallet. You can also view the transaction history.
  • You can register your bills, get reminders, pay and set autopay. They get setup automatically from other integrations if they exist.
  • Fast tag recharge.
One limitation is enough for all the pros.
It only works with Samsung devices whereas Paytm is device independent.

Believe it or not, Samsung Pay is a hidden gem. It might be the best app out there, and it is very well integrated into Samsung phones.

• Simplest and prettiest interface with the widest range of payments and services which are actually commonly used. It's super efficient to use. Very well structured and complete yet simple. Everything super easy to do and find.
  • PayTM wallet integration, same as the above except you can your wallet. You can also view the transaction history.
  • You can register your bills, get reminders, pay and set autopay. They get setup automatically from other integrations if they exist.
  • Fast tag recharge.
But samsung pay works / exists only in Higher end models of S series and Note Series right ? It is not even available in their own F/A/M Series. Limited people.

That's the big downside folks.

I just wish people could try it, so they can see what a well designed and developed app should look like.

I guess Apple Pay offers a very similar experience, just not in India.

I use my bank UPI app i.e. iMobile now. My money got stuck in gpay once and had to reach out to every support and got the money back after months, which was a very bad experience. That time, bank didn't help me simply saying - "you used a third party app, we can't help".

I wonder why something like Google pay does not evolve into Samsung pay kind of experience. Would be really great if that can happen. They already have UPI. All they need ability to store cards and use tap and pay function like Samsung pay

GPay, Paytm & PhonePe in that sequence. GPay somehow feels cleanest & most comfortable (personal choice). Probably as that was the first app I used since the time UPI was launched. Their gamifications are horribly complex though.

Speed & reliability of Paytm is good & is decently clean too.

PhonePe is functional as well.. but somehow the interface / UX is something I don't as much as the other 2.

That's the big downside folks.

I just wish people could try it, so they can see what a well designed and developed app should look like.

I guess Apple Pay offers a very similar experience, just not in India.
Google wallet does the same in India. when i visit India, i use Google wallet with cc as i don't want money to be taken from my bank account immediately.

• Simplest no frills, prettiest interface yet with the widest range of payments and services which are actually commonly used. It's super efficient to use. Very well structured and complete yet simple. Everything super easy to do and find.
  • PayTM wallet integration, same as the above except you can see your wallet. You can also view the transaction history. The links for support email and calls are there but can't be raised within the app.
  • You can register your bills, get reminders, pay and set autopay. They get setup automatically from other integrations if they exist like PayTM.
  • Fast tag recharge.
Tons of other stuff which I'd call basic. Sadly only available on Samsung Phones but they are killing it.
True i do all credit/debit card through samsung pay never use physical card & when i use in POS Machines people are shock how the transaction go through lol

I have faced multiple high value failures on GPay so stopped using it. Where as never faced such an issue with PhonePe therefore PhonePe is my best friend (for now). 😅

I wonder why something like Google pay does not evolve into Samsung pay kind of experience. Would be really great if that can happen. They already have UPI. All they need ability to store cards and use tap and pay function like Samsung pay
They do already, Tap to Pay works in GPay for several cards.
However the functionality isn't directly accessible from the main menu and it isn't nearly as polished as Samsung Pay, if anything it is far from it.

Buy the data shows completely opposite from here...
View attachment 8709
The people in this forum do not represent fairly the whole country. There's a bazillion factors like income level, education, age, etc and even more specific regions factors which influence their choice

However NPCI is the source and I'm sure that data isn't from a survey, they're based on the actual transactions. So you can be certain it is as accurate as it gets.

Back