• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which zero balance account should I open?

HC1337

TF Buzz
So, just for context I already have 3 bank accounts, 1 with each, SBI, Kotak 811 and Indian Bank (Indian Bank having the worst services for me personally), and recently did VKYC for a BoB B3 Silver account, was thinking to open a AU Bank account which has Rupay Plat Debit card. The place I study at is unpredictable and sometimes some of the bank services don't work somehow, so I would like to have as many options as possible.

So, just for context I already have 3 bank accounts, 1 with each, SBI, Kotak 811 and Indian Bank (Indian Bank having the worst services for me personally), and recently did VKYC for a BoB B3 Silver account, was thinking to open a AU Bank account which has Rupay Plat Debit card. The place I study at is unpredictable and sometimes some of the bank services don't work somehow, so I would like to have as many options as possible.
The bank services dont work online or offline ? Can you be clear ? If you are going to use Branch services then opening too many 0 balance account is not a good idea as there will be lots of charges.

There is no point of holding multiple accounts. 2-3 at max is okay. After that even managing them becomes a headache. If unpredictability is an issue, just check which bank has a branch at your campus or nearby (generally public sector banks or some smaller private banks have a branch at most college campus), get an account with them instead.

@Kunal Shah They just don't work in general, nor debit card nor UPI (haven't tried anything else), cash withdrawal at ATMs is a pain, most of the time it doesn't accept the card and other times it shows cash cannot be dispensed.

SBI in general is kinda unreliable as a whole but it has the most branches there, I don't posses any other private bank account other than Kotak (it has worked 99% of the time except one day when it didn't, but most of the time it does), I just want to have another backup in case of more failures, recently opened BoB account and will have to see how it performs but was attracted to AU just for their debit card.

@Walter White I definitely do agree but even SBI which has the most branches there somehow struggles their. Axis from what I have learnt has the most reliable service there along with payment banks. As for smaller private banks that was another reason for me to look at AU, a small private bank might be able to just work at cases like this, or not. I'm new to this financial stuff so any advice would be helpful.

If you want a zero balance account that works and has features like a full fledged one, get SBI and next choice is ICICI Mine. You will get pre approved credit card (LTF) too in Mine account, if you don't have Apay card already.

Bob b3 is not that good better go with bob advantage account with some 1k or 2k maintainance in which you can get one virtual rupay platinum for free. You can add 2 physical but still incase you dont want physical still per month 100 till rupay offer is there.

2nd thing get that au bank account.. in my opinion if au can expand its branches it can have a huge customer base as i feel it provides great service.

Rupay platinum card have a huge list of lounges like from Bhubaneswar,pune, jaipur and other airports too where there is no plaza premium. Otherwise no card under 500 to 1k can provide what rupay platinum can provide with 177 😅

Bob b3 is not that good better go with bob advantage account with some 1k or 2k maintainance in which you can get one virtual rupay platinum for free. You can add 2 physical but still incase you dont want physical still per month 100 till rupay offer is there.

2nd thing get that au bank account.. in my opinion if au can expand its branches it can have a huge customer base as i feel it provides great service.

Rupay platinum card have a huge list of lounges like from Bhubaneswar,pune, jaipur and other airports too where there is no plaza premium. Otherwise no card under 500 to 1k can provide what rupay platinum can provide with 177 😅
Which bob b3 free rupay platinum card account yoi are talking about? I looked at this website https://www.bankofbaroda.in/banking...s/complete-guide-on-bank-of-baroda-b3-account there is no mention of it.

If you want a zero balance account that works and has features like a full fledged one, get SBI and next choice is ICICI Mine. You will get pre approved credit card (LTF) too in Mine account, if you don't have Apay card already.
Have you got pre approved icici credit card on mine account?
If yes, share your journey about ,after how many months tou you got offer, how much balance to be maintained? And your age

Have you got pre approved icici credit card on mine account?
If yes, share your journey about ,after how many months tou you got offer, how much balance to be maintained? And your age
I haven't got, because I was using Apay card previous, before opening a Mine account. But my friend got Mine LTF card offer in his Mine account after 5-6 months. He kept a MAB of 20K+ . Age 24

Kotak 811 full kyc account is best among others. I am using it since 2018 with no problems. It also offers pre approved cards & loans offers in 0 balance account. I must say it is better than best!

Kotak 811 is indeed one of the better options here but as I said it did give up on me for a day, so I was just considering having another backup just in case another failure occurs.

Back