• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Who will be the possible credit card partners for upcoming Flipkart Big billion day/Amazon Great Indian sale 2023?

Das.N

TF Legend
I will spend a big amount in various products in upcoming Festive season. And I have 4 Bank's core credit card ;SBI, HDFC, ICICI, Axis And two co branded Flipkart Axis and Amazon Pay ICICI. Can anyone give their valuable suggestion about, "Will those cards cover all the credit card discounts in big billion day, great Indian festive sale?" Or there is a chance of IDFC/Kotak/Indusind/AU to give discount offers this year?

I will apply instantly if I see Kotak's banner in Flipkart big billion day page.
If you're not currently concerned about a CIBIL inquiry, you can open a Kotak 811 account. You'll notice the option to apply right away, along with a displayed limit. However, please keep in mind that while it may show as 'pre-approved,' it's actually 'pre-qualified.' Kotak tends to use both of these terms quite loosely. 🤭

I will apply instantly if I see Kotak's banner in Flipkart big billion day page.
You will be waiting for years to see this...

This I am saying because of the economics, sheer volume of the cards and the deal between the parties...
At least for the coming few years, it has to be musical chairs among HDFC, ICICI, SBI and AXIS to partner with Amazon and FK for the the BBD and GIFS as these sales are the biggest in India for the year and they want maximunm coverage with respect to CC holders to make the sale success...
The raising stars would be Kotak, RBL, IndusInd etc.. may be having an outside chances in 2030's...

credit-card-share.jpg

20210417_091155.jpg

This is a bit dated.. still gives a rough idea...

This I am saying because of the economics, sheer volume of the cards and the deal between the parties...
At least for the coming few years, it has to be musical chairs among HDFC, ICICI, SBI and AXIS to partner with Amazon and FK for the the BBD and GIFS as these sales are the biggest in India for the year and they want maximunm coverage with respect to CC holders to make the sale success...
The raising stars would be Kotak, RBL, IndusInd etc.. may be having an outside chances in 2030's...

credit-card-share.jpg

20210417_091155.jpg

This is a bit dated.. still gives a rough idea...

Nice detailed analysis.

In last year, HDFC didn't participate in BBD/GIF sale. It was ICICI, SBI and Axis. HDFC gave mostly offline deals in Croma, Reliance Digital, And iPhones (both offline & online) and Samsung stores too. Don't know if this is the same strategy this year.

In last year, HDFC didn't participate in BBD/GIF sale. It was ICICI, SBI and Axis. HDFC gave mostly offline deals in Croma, Reliance Digital, And iPhones (both offline & online) and Samsung stores too. Don't know if this is the same strategy this year.
HDFC used to partner with Amazon earlier.. somehow the partnership didn't work out..
My guess would be HDFC must have played the hard ball.. meanwhile ICICI came out with sweet deal and Amazon hooked with ICICI and there by having ICICI Apay.. for sales it is with SBI...
HDF* must be showing some authority being the leader of the pack, meanwhile competition offering sweet deals..
Anyway it will be rotating among these four... At the end it is business.. and money talks not our whims and wishes...

Back