• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why Cards lifespan is being reduced

asahi

TF Premier
cards used to have 7 years of life span in-terms of expiration(expiry date) , now almost all new cards irrespective of bank or type(CC,DC), I’m getting only 5 years of lifespan. If I remember correctly cards used have more than 7 years of life span especially debit cards(maybe before 2015**). Why they’re reducing the life span
Ex: my icici old DC has 7 years lifespan whereas new one got only 5 so does almost all my cc’s issued recently

cards used to have 7 years of life span in-terms of expiration(expiry date) , now almost all new cards irrespective of bank or type(CC,DC), I’m getting only 5 years of lifespan. If I remember correctly cards used have more than 7 years of life span especially debit cards(maybe before 2015**). Why they’re reducing the life span
Ex: my icici old DC has 7 years lifespan whereas new one got only 5 so does almost all my cc’s issued recently
Because of decreasing life span and heavy usage(wear and tear). To prevent frauds and to keep changing the details. Lots of reasons.

Compare the usage these days with the old days usage.

Because of decreasing life span and heavy usage(wear and tear). To prevent frauds and to keep changing the details. Lots of reasons.

Compare the usage these days with the old days usage.
From my recent experience. my ICICI Rubyx dual was supposed to expire in Oct. But sneaky ICICI people didn:t send a new card. They just updated the Expiry date of the same card number and everything. My card works perfectly fine.

Back