• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why Cards lifespan is being reduced

asahi

TF Premier
cards used to have 7 years of life span in-terms of expiration(expiry date) , now almost all new cards irrespective of bank or type(CC,DC), I’m getting only 5 years of lifespan. If I remember correctly cards used have more than 7 years of life span especially debit cards(maybe before 2015**). Why they’re reducing the life span
Ex: my icici old DC has 7 years lifespan whereas new one got only 5 so does almost all my cc’s issued recently

So, this is news to me – extended with a new expiry date. Yesterday, I tried to use my Infinia card, but online transactions were completely disabled. I had to enable them again. I ignored it and didn't make a post/thread/profile post, thinking it must be an HDFC new feature to help users avoid unauthorized transactions by completely disabling online transactions. However, it seems that HDFC has run out of plastic and courier charges, so they've automatically renewed it, especially for Infinia users. So, in the coming year, don't be alarmed; your existing credit card will now work until you ask for a new credit card, and the bank will charge for that too.:oops:
View attachment 37280
The mail says that new CC will be delivered.

The mail says that new CC will be delivered.
IMPORTANT!
HDFC Bank Credit Card XXXX is renewed
On 09/12/2023
Will be dispatched shortly.
Online, International & Contactless transactions are disabled on existing & renewal cards
To ENABLE: mycards.hdfcbank.com
Note: Continue usage on old card until receipt of new card

if only i Received Email And SMS Simultaneously. 51 minute Gap Between Email And Sms

So, this is news to me – extended with a new expiry date. Yesterday, I tried to use my Infinia card, but online transactions were completely disabled. I had to enable them again. I ignored it and didn't make a post/thread/profile post, thinking it must be an HDFC new feature to help users avoid unauthorized transactions by completely disabling online transactions. However, it seems that HDFC has run out of plastic and courier charges, so they've automatically renewed it, especially for Infinia users. So, in the coming year, don't be alarmed; your existing credit card will now work until you ask for a new credit card, and the bank will charge for that too.:oops:
View attachment 37280
You'll get another plastic card with updated expiry and cvv in about 2 weeks.

Back