• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why IndusInd is so desperate for EMI Conversion?

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
I literally get atleast 10 messages daily via SMS and Email from IndusInd to convert my purchase into EMIs.

Never seen any other bank being so desperate for EMIs. Frequency is so much so that it is sufficient to irritate even a patient person.

67725B18-2704-4090-846F-4413A6D04A58.jpeg
MY Spends are Zero. Only Merchant EMI is billed every month. Yet I receive same message i.e, Convert your outstanding in EMI.

akshayhs

TF Ace
They offered so many of their cards free of charges and now they have to make money desperately in one way or the other. So I guess they are counting on at least 10% of their email recipients to do it.

Ad.Astra

TF Premier
I literally get atleast 10 messages daily via SMS and Email from IndusInd to convert my purchase into EMIs.

Never seen any other bank being so desperate for EMIs. Frequency is so much so that it is sufficient to irritate even a patient person.

67725B18-2704-4090-846F-4413A6D04A58.jpeg
HDFC also does this. I receive such email atleast once in two weeks.
After all, processing fee and interest rates are the largest source of revenue for CC issuing banks, they definitely would want consumers to avail EMIs .😄

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Spammer of the year 1st prize goes to INDUSIND ,2nd prize IDFC first and 3rd Kotak, I marked their emails as SPAM so I'm not going to lose their any important communication than giving CONSENT for DND is BLANKET ban

What they want from us?
IndusInd > Need to pay EMI every month either convert outstanding or loan against credit card
IDFC first > Need to convert my image card or get WOW Card
Kotak > need to take their Insurance and use our card at unimpressive cashback offers

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Spammer of the year 1st prize goes to INDUSIND ,2nd prize IDFC first and 3rd Kotak, I marked their emails as SPAM so I'm not going to lose their any important communication than giving CONSENT for DND is BLANKET ban

What they want from us?
IndusInd > Need to pay EMI every month either convert outstanding or loan against credit card
Kotak > need to take their Insurance and use our card at unimpressive cashback offers
And then there is RBL who does harmless spamming like sharing how to be safe from this or that fraud 😂 daily 2-3 mails atleast and messages about offers on their cards.

Patil007

TF Ace

What they want from us?
Cons of taking too many credit cards.

Ab bhugato :ROFLMAO: .

For me,

IndusInd, IDFC, Kotak getting calls and sms, emails.

RBL: there apps push notification.

Bajaj wale to alag level pe he :ROFLMAO:

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
First they made manual calls for loas & EMI, sometimes 3 calls a day - I kept blocking each no.
Then they started automated calls - I kept blocking each no.
Now they just send sms.
I think they're providing CCs for free just to get customers for cross selling.

Other banks do this as well but IndusInd's desperation is too high. Their main motive is selling loans only.