• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Will AMEX do KYC for new card application even though last KYC is only less than 2 months old?

sri_cc

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

Earlier when I applied for an AMEX MRCC card it was rejected because my aadhaar had my permanent address and my hometown doesn't come under serviceable cities for AMEX.
But recently I've joined an MNC and as part of onboarding we were issued AMEX Corporate Green card and I thought this might also be rejected but it was approved using my same hometown aadhaar address.

Now if I apply for a new MRCC card, will they do KYC again or use old KYC and directly approve the card?

Solution
Hi all,

Earlier when I applied for an AMEX MRCC card it was rejected because my aadhaar had my permanent address and my hometown doesn't come under serviceable cities for AMEX.
But recently I've joined an MNC and as part of onboarding we were issued AMEX Corporate Green card and I thought this might also be rejected but it was approved using my same hometown aadhaar address.

Now if I apply for a new MRCC card, will they do KYC again or use old KYC and directly approve the card?
If the last sucessful VKYC is less than 90 days old then there wont be any VKYC for any new Application ..
You will still get the VKYC email, but once you click on Start VKYC button, it immediately says " VKCY completed" .. and then moves to the next...
Hi all,

If the last sucessful VKYC is less than 90 days old then there wont be any VKYC for any new Application ..
You will still get the VKYC email, but once you click on Start VKYC button, it immediately says " VKCY completed" .. and then moves to the next step in processing your application... If all is well, you will get approval message for your new applcation for MRCC , mostly within 24 hours fo the application .. All the best ..

Solution
You will still get the VKYC email, but once you click on Start VKYC button, it immediately says " VKCY completed" .. and then moves to the next step in processing your application... If all is well, you will get approval message for your new applcation for MRCC , mostly within 24 hours fo the application .. All the best ..
thanks for the info, will check and let you know here

Reactions: SSV
@SSV your referral link is redirecting me to plat travel card, but I can still apply for MRCC and you & I would get the benefits right?
Yes, please change it to mrcc and you can see first year fee will be striken off, that means you are going thru referral..
All the best..
You can dm me for any doubts if you have before the application..

@SSV got an email asking me to upload documents, when I clicked on the link it asked for income proof and I've uploaded ITR. after that no update

Mr Bean Reaction GIF

Pls wait .. they will assess .. it may take a day or two before they come back with their response
@SSV I tried applying for amex via your Referral, but got rejected. As per email "Unfortunately, your application did not meet our minimum required score for issuance of a Card." but my credit score is around 760, so i called customer care and they told that my pin code is not serviceable. executive further told that i can try applying again after 30 days with Chandigarh or Panchkula Pin code as Mohali is not supported as of now. Should i wait or apply again for some other card with different pin code? kindly share Referral link if i should apply for some other card.

@SSV I tried applying for amex via your Referral, but got rejected. As per email "Unfortunately, your application did not meet our minimum required score for issuance of a Card." but my credit score is around 760, so i called customer care and they told that my pin code is not serviceable. executive further told that i can try applying again after 30 days with Chandigarh or Panchkula Pin code as Mohali is not supported as of now. Should i wait or apply again for some other card with different pin code? kindly share Referral link if i should apply for some other card.
Please reach out to me before amex application.
There are little things that matter for amex like this serviceability issue.
We have to prepare well before the actual application itself and sometiings we know with experience..
Amex' has automated a lot of things in the application process and once it had rejected means , nothing we can do with the current application except for looking alternative options or waiting..

Okay I had initiated DM with you, we can discuss things there of how we move forward in this regard...

Congratulations !! Enjoy the card
thanks a lot for the help @SSV
I was fed up with HDFC not giving me any half decent cards and I've already applied for MRCC earlier, but rejected due to non-serviceable pincode
after some time I'll decide whether to go for trifecta or not

btw how long is this VKYC valid for?

Back