• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Will AMEX do KYC for new card application even though last KYC is only less than 2 months old?

sri_cc

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

Earlier when I applied for an AMEX MRCC card it was rejected because my aadhaar had my permanent address and my hometown doesn't come under serviceable cities for AMEX.
But recently I've joined an MNC and as part of onboarding we were issued AMEX Corporate Green card and I thought this might also be rejected but it was approved using my same hometown aadhaar address.

Now if I apply for a new MRCC card, will they do KYC again or use old KYC and directly approve the card?

Solution
Hi all,

Earlier when I applied for an AMEX MRCC card it was rejected because my aadhaar had my permanent address and my hometown doesn't come under serviceable cities for AMEX.
But recently I've joined an MNC and as part of onboarding we were issued AMEX Corporate Green card and I thought this might also be rejected but it was approved using my same hometown aadhaar address.

Now if I apply for a new MRCC card, will they do KYC again or use old KYC and directly approve the card?
If the last sucessful VKYC is less than 90 days old then there wont be any VKYC for any new Application ..
You will still get the VKYC email, but once you click on Start VKYC button, it immediately says " VKCY completed" .. and then moves to the next...
ok got it, if I buy today these 6K won't be counted in 20K?
No.. It wont be counted.. you need to wait for 2 to 3 working days.

You can confirm with CC as well after 3 days and then it starts countinhg towards 20K milestone..
You only need to do this for once , not every month..

You can confirm with CC as well after 3 days and then it starts countinhg towards 20K milestone..
I didn’t enrolled in this program but still got the bonus 1k points for 20k milestone automatically… nevertheless acknowledged this new info sir @SSV .

Reactions: SSV
I didn’t enrolled in this program but still got the bonus 1k points for 20k milestone automatically… nevertheless acknowledged this new info sir @SSV .
Very strange.. but as far as I know you need to enroll via that link and wait for 2 to 3 days ..
if you are 100% sure about this then the rule must have changed recently…
@sri_cc , can you chat with cc via app and find out about this 20k milestone registration and update here..
Thanks

Very strange.. but as far as I know you need to enroll via that link and wait for 2 to 3 days ..
@sri_cc , can you chat with cc via app and find out about this 20k milestone registration and update here..
Thanks
On talking with CS i asked him to credit the bonus 1k points for 20k milestone on mrcc card , told him that i haven’t enrolled yet … he said no pblm … points will reflect under 24 hrs in yr acc . Next day credited successfully. Btw Idk is this any coincidence or what . I’m enrolling today itself in this program 🤓.

On talking with CS i asked him to credit the bonus 1k points for 20k milestone on mrcc card , told him that i haven’t enrolled yet … he said no pblm … points will reflect under 24 hrs in yr acc . Next day credited successfully. Btw Idk is this any coincidence or what . I’m enrolling today itself in this program 🤓.
So you have followed a specific method and manually asked them to credit 1k points.
It was not automatic credit..
Then this registration is still required for automatic credit of bonus points

Thanks
On July 31 i enrolled for 20k benefit

Aug 1 made 3*1500 transactions

Aug 3 enrollment became active, made 15500 transaction

I was told my customer care that i still have to spend 4500 to get 20k benefits i.e spends only after enrollment are considered

Reactions: SSV
On July 31 i enrolled for 20k benefit

Aug 1 made 3*1500 transactions

Aug 3 enrollment became active, made 15500 transaction

I was told my customer care that i still have to spend 4500 to get 20k benefits i.e spends only after enrollment are considered
thanks that confirms regristration is mandatory..

I guess these spends will count towards 20k monthly milestone. Am I missing something?

Final verdict:

1. Enrollment ( first time only ) is necessary for getting bonus points on 20k milestone .
2. Spends for milestone counts after 3 days of enrollment . 👍🏻

Back