• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Withdrawing from Axis Reserve Credit Card.

sonuyos

TF Premier
RML Group
I am planning to travel USA and few other places and I just noticed that my Reserve card has no Cash Withdrawal Charges and has 1.5% currency conversion only.

So does that mean if I withdraw say $100, I will be charged total of 8355 (current amount is 83.55Rs per $) + 147.8835 in Conversion fees & GST?

Do I have to worry about any hidden fees or anything?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
IDFC credit cards allow interest free withdrawals from ATM. i.e no interest charged till bill due date

There are two terminologies in general. Free withdrawals and interest free withdrawals

Free withdrawals mean that there is no ATM withdrawal fees charged, but there can be interest charged
Interest free withdrawal means that no interest charged on ATM withdrawals (like for IDFC CCs)

Most likely Axis bank falls in 1st category - So pay CC account instantly to avoid interest charges

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
IDFC credit cards allow interest free withdrawals from ATM. i.e no interest charged till bill due date

There are two terminologies in general. Free withdrawals and interest free withdrawals

Free withdrawals mean that there is no ATM withdrawal fees charged, but there can be interest charged
Interest free withdrawal means that no interest charged on ATM withdrawals (like for IDFC CCs)

Most likely Axis bank falls in 1st category - So pay CC account instantly to avoid interest charges
there are two types of charges
cash withdrawal charges
interest on cash withdrawn
axis doesn't charge for 1st category

bing1309

TF Premier
You do whatever you are charged day one 1% itself if withdrawal done. If excess amount in cc if exist /or immediately repay etc, or whatever
1% interest day interest applied after withdrawal +currency conversation+gst will be charged (you call bank or whatever you will be charged above and If other bank atm levied charges including that also)

sonuyos

TF Premier
RML Group
You do whatever you are charged day one 1% itself if withdrawal done. If excess amount in cc if exist /or immediately repay etc, or whatever
1% interest day interest applied after withdrawal +currency conversation+gst will be charged (you call bank or whatever you will be charged above and If other bank atm levied charges including that also)
Reserve Interest rate is of 3% per month, so even if they charge only for day, that's still 0.1% of the total amount. Essentially making it 1.87% at max. Which is far better than any of the forex cards currently

The cheapest so far is fi account that gives 0% forex fees, but they charge 100rs per withdrawal + need 50k MAB @ 3% interest.

If I withdraw 1lk rupees (in foreign currency)

It will cost me 1870rs on reserve

But if I go the fi route, it will cost me

6k in lost interest for the year (because of 50k MAB @12%) + 118Rs = 6118Rs.

Even my RM @ Axis said the same thing, that if u take any forex, even Axis's it will be cheaper to use Reserve because if any amount is left on the card then you will have to convert again and potentially lose 2-4% in the whole transaction.

Dragon_slayer

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I am planning to travel USA and few other places and I just noticed that my Reserve card has no Cash Withdrawal Charges and has 1.5% currency conversion only.

So does that mean if I withdraw say $100, I will be charged total of 8355 (current amount is 83.55Rs per $) + 147.8835 in Conversion fees & GST?

Do I have to worry about any hidden fees or anything?
Good to go with Reserve, just be ready to send some emails and stay in touch with RM so that your card can be unblocked easily and you can withdraw funds from ATM normally.

Keep some extra cash in side, dont completely depend on CC until you manage to get your first successful withdrawal from ATMs