• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Worst Credit Card Company/Bank ever

Which Credit Card Company/Bank is worst according to you? Explain if you want.

• HDFC

• AXIS

• SBI CARDS

• AU BANK

• ICICI

• BOB

• PNB

• One Card

• IDFC FIRST

• YES BANK

• Any other Mention in comment

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's true. ICICI has by far the best customer service out of all banks. Sad that they don't have good credit card portfolio.
Yes had my first salary account with icici, their service is good. Although their support is sometime clueless.
About credit card they gave mamoth limits, had 5L+ limit on mmt icici used that to apply for Magnus and got it in first try 💀

Axis is the only bank where you have to write a complaint to resolve a complaint that wasn't previously resolved and then write another complaint that the complaint that was previously made to resolve an already existing complaint isn't yet resolved. Real life example of recursion. 😂
So true, have personally experienced this! LOL

Yes, and almost all banks are not good at all, in one way or another. But, in terms of, say,
10 times you had to contact customer care, and out of those, the number of times, the customer care actually solved the problem or gave a satisfactory response.
Customer care may include a general mail, Nodal Office and Principal Nodal Office.

Axis is 1/10.
HDFC - 3/10
Kotak - 5/10
ICICI - 5/10
Citi - 6/10
Amex - 9/10
Yes - No idea
Federal - No idea
SBI - 3/10
AU Bank - 4/10
IDFC - 3/10
BOB - 3/10
One card - 4/10
PNB- No idea
Wish Citi never left, it was nice to have a bank with good customer care. I'm unsure if any banks exist in India with customer service on par with Citi and Amex :(

Which card bank will you not get a credit card from? Even if it is LTF or some super cool offers are provided, is there any Bank which you will not look at all?

Axis for me.

I've been through a torturous unseen situation. I had applied for a Myzone CC on 4th of March, from my phone online. I recieved the vKyc link on my mobile phone with my official number itself. (Screenshot attached).

My card got approved and was sent to me in 3-4 days. When i recieved the card, the attached document showed my contact details with my address only, and my phone number was missing.

When I tried to login to axis mobile app, it is showing that my number is not linked to any account/credit card.

The funniest thing of all is that, when I tried to make anl small transaction from Flipkart as well as Paytm, I AM GETTING THE OTP SENT TO MY PHONE NUMBER.

I called the customer service for atleast 100 times. They told me that since the number(my OFFICIAL REGISTERED number) is not getting shown in the system, they CANNOT help and was forcing to IVR to verify my card and number. I have every call recordings.

As a last resort I went to my nearest branch at Sambalpur, Odisha. The agents/officers said it is not possible. They also found that my phone number has 4 different customer ids linked, out of which none are active. They then tried to physically add my contact number which also failed, as per their words.

So my question is
1) How can you as a bank issue a credit card without linking it to any phone number? That too at this digital age?

2) If the card was not linked to my phone number, how come I receive the link for vkyc to my phone number?

3) If my phone is not linked, how am I getting OTP's for all the transactions. (Well all the transactions are getting declined by the bank).

Important points to note:
LAST DATE FOR MY CARD ACTIVATION IS 3/4/2024.

I also mailed NO and PNO. They are working on it for over 2 weeks.

New Funny thing.
NO called me day before yesterday and said my card is linked to the phone number.
But truth is that, it still is not and that's when I decided to visit branch and hear about their helplessness.

Axis for me.

I've been through a torturous unseen situation. I had applied for a Myzone CC on 4th of March, from my phone online. I recieved the vKyc link on my mobile phone with my official number itself. (Screenshot attached).

My card got approved and was sent to me in 3-4 days. When i recieved the card, the attached document showed my contact details with my address only, and my phone number was missing.

When I tried to login to axis mobile app, it is showing that my number is not linked to any account/credit card.

The funniest thing of all is that, when I tried to make anl small transaction from Flipkart as well as Paytm, I AM GETTING THE OTP SENT TO MY PHONE NUMBER.

I called the customer service for atleast 100 times. They told me that since the number(my OFFICIAL REGISTERED number) is not getting shown in the system, they CANNOT help and was forcing to IVR to verify my card and number. I have every call recordings.

As a last resort I went to my nearest branch at Sambalpur, Odisha. The agents/officers said it is not possible. They also found that my phone number has 4 different customer ids linked, out of which none are active. They then tried to physically add my contact number which also failed, as per their words.

So my question is
1) How can you as a bank issue a credit card without linking it to any phone number? That too at this digital age?

2) If the card was not linked to my phone number, how come I receive the link for vkyc to my phone number?

3) If my phone is not linked, how am I getting OTP's for all the transactions. (Well all the transactions are getting declined by the bank).

New Funny thing.
NO called me day before yesterday and said my card is linked to the phone number.
But truth is that, it still is not and that's when I decided to visit branch and hear about their helplessness.
Looks like you cannot even cancel/close the card, because your phone number is not linked to it.

Axis for me.

So my question is

New Funny thing.
Need expert advice here @VISHESH_BANSAL

Looks like you cannot even cancel/close the card, because your phone number is not linked to it.
Not able to activate/change number/cancel.

Only way out is the automatic cancellation which will happen after 30 days of no activation.

One cibil hit wasted and one card wasted... Now will have to beg again for another axis card.

So out of axis

Not able to activate/change number/cancel.

Only way out is the automatic cancellation which will happen after 30 days of no activation.

One cibil hit wasted and one card wasted... Now will have to beg again for another axis card.

So out of axis
Registered a grievance with National Consumer helpline.

Following that PNO mailed me that my credit card is already linked to my phone number. (Attaching screenshot)

The problem still persisted.

Again contacted customer service. They said phone number is not linked. Attaching screenshot

They should be given the best bank/card/service team award.
What a coordination.

Attachments

• IMG_20240401_151038.jpg
    IMG_20240401_151038.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240401_150944.jpg
    IMG_20240401_150944.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 2
  • evidence 2.jpeg
    evidence 2.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 2
Registered a grievance with National Consumer helpline.

Following that PNO mailed me that my credit card is already linked to my phone number. (Attaching screenshot)

The problem still persisted.

Again contacted customer service. They said phone number is not linked. Attaching screenshot

They should be given the best bank/card/service team award.
What a coordination.
This is something weird. You should only have a single customer id in axis. Why don't you try to merge all your customer ids via branch route.

Even if inactive, ask them to remove your phone numbers from those customer IDs. In most banks, there is an RBI rule where 1 phone number can be linked to 4-5 IDs only. So when it goes above that cap, the new link doesn't show even though it's actually there in the database. Close one of the 4 and it'll become active.

Back