• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Worst experience with Indusind Bank select Account opening

Fini7777

TF Ace
Contributor
I opened a Delite AC for my mother online but not completed VKYC after few days I visited branch and opened Indussind select AC and gave 2L IP cheque and req for the closure of Delite SB AC
But the amount was debited and not credited in Indusind Select AC

They said that due to that delite AC is active the money is not cleared and they raised the req for clearing from their end waiting for the Approval from RH

it's been 7 days but the RH is not responding to mail sent by BM it seems

I'm so frustrated What is the link between that select and delite accs as I've given cheque for indus select ac and welcome kit was also delivered

The same day I opened acs for my cousin and my dad
for my dad - paid the IP amount through DC
for my cousin - gave cheque - it is cleared within 2 days

How do I proceed further in this case they r still replying that their RH is not yet responded

Reactions: SSV
I opened a Delite AC for my mother online but not completed VKYC after few days I visited branch and opened Indussind select AC and gave 2L IP cheque and req for the closure of Delite SB AC
But the amount was debited and not credited in Indusind Select AC

They said that due to that delite AC is active the money is not cleared and they raised the req for clearing from their end waiting for the Approval from RH

it's been 7 days but the RH is not responding to mail sent by BM it seems

I'm so frustrated What is the link between that select and delite accs as I've given cheque for indus select ac and welcome kit was also delivered

The same day I opened acs for my cousin and my dad
for my dad - paid the IP amount through DC
for my cousin - gave cheque - it is cleared within 2 days

How do I proceed further in this case they r still replying that their RH is not yet responded
My experience was awesome I went to bank, contacted BM, asked for indus select he assigned RM for account opening and and RM was very professional and helpful she treated as valuable customer and served coffee and completed all the process in 30 minutes,
Account activated after 45 minutes.
She still calls me and asks if I need any help and never tried to cross-sell.

My experience was awesome I went to bank, contacted BM, asked for indus select he assigned RM for account opening and and RM was very professional and helpful she treated as valuable customer and served coffee and completed all the process in 30 minutes,
Account activated after 45 minutes.
She still calls me and asks if I need any help and never tried to cross-sell.

Not to rain on your parade, but have you double-checked If you’re entering an IndusInd Bank branch? 😅

Update:
IP Cheque presented on 26-06-2024
Raised a complaint to Nodal Desk on 04-07-2024
Received Reply on the same day with SR number

They keep on sending apology emails and asking more and more time
even after 14 days They did not credit my 2L amount
I am done with this all
Finally raised a complaint against Indusind bank In RBI BO portal
Most probably RBI Ombudsman will close your complaint even though Indusind bank is in the wrong here. One of the main criteria for a complaint to be eligible to be presented in front of the RBI Ombudsman is that the complaint should've been registered with the RE for a minimum of 30 days. If, in most cases, you do not fulfill this criteria, your complaint will be closed without any action on it.

Most probably RBI Ombudsman will close your complaint even though Indusind bank is in the wrong here. One of the main criteria for a complaint to be eligible to be presented in front of the RBI Ombudsman is that the complaint should've been registered with the RE for a minimum of 30 days. If, in most cases, you do not fulfill this criteria, your complaint will be closed without any action on it.
U may be right
But I think waiting for the resolution for 30 days from indusind bank doesn't make sense
I have never seen a bank taking more than 14 days to clear a cheque

What if, I need that funds immediately or if there is any emergency

Moreover, the nodal team asked 7 working days but did not get any reply from them yet

So, I don't have any other options now except RBI
Let's see what happens next

U may be right
But I think waiting for the resolution for 30 days from indusind bank doesn't make sense
I have never seen a bank taking more than 14 days to clear a cheque

What if, I need that funds immediately or if there is any emergency

Moreover, the nodal team asked 7 working days but did not get any reply from them yet

So, I don't have any other options now except RBI
Let's see what happens next
I know how incompetent this bank is. I've got first hand experience of it. On 10th April 2024, I had requested them to update my mobile number linked with my account, but they did not do it even after several branch visits till 5th June. I've had enough by then and brought the matter to RBI BO's attention. It took some time but the Bank eventually called me and updated my mobile number. They started treating me much better after this and I even received a call from their internal Ombudsman team offering me some Loyalty Points for positively rating the experience in the surveys. Lol!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240713-193805113_1_1_1_1.webp
    Screenshot_20240713-193805113_1_1_1_1.webp
    128.3 KB · Views: 20
I know how incompetent this bank is. I've got first hand experience of it. On 10th April 2024, I had requested them to update my mobile number linked with my account, but they did not do it even after several branch visits till 5th June. I've had enough by then and brought the matter to RBI BO's attention. It took some time but the Bank eventually called me and updated my mobile number. They started treating me much better after this and I even received a call from their internal Ombudsman team offering me some Loyalty Points for positively rating the experience in the surveys. Lol!
How long did RBI take in ur case to respond from complaint filing date?

like u said the complaint is closed
1721028205571.webp

Unfortunately, that's how the RBI Ombudsman functions. Not to worry though, you can file a complaint again as soon as 30 days are completed from the date of filing the complaint with the RE.
I hope They will clear my cheque within this time frame...

How much compensation should I ask for a case like this in general
I haven't mentioned about compensation in my recent complaint
but I will surely ask for compensation next time if they did not resolve my issue.

I hope They will clear my cheque within this time frame...

How much compensation should I ask for a case like this in general
I haven't mentioned about compensation in my recent complaint
but I will surely ask for compensation next time if they did not resolve my issue.
It is totally upto you. You can ask whatever amount you want as long as you feel it is justified (I believe the max compensation for the Mental Anguish and Harrassment category is Rs. 1L). But it is upto the RBI BO to decide what the fair compensation amount should be in the matter.

I have their Legend Credit Card linked to Select Account have a lakh still as AMB got a request for Rekyc I sent the documents then went to Bank Account around June first week for Statement print along with Bank seal for official VISA purposes they gave the same. I enquired that day whether KYC is updated they said KYC is all fine in your Customer ID no issues.

Then when I tried booking BmS BOGO from Legend got message that card is in block state. Couldnt understand what happened mailed Level 1 IndusInd on 14th June no reply called them CC was asking for Service request number which I never received as reply then after 10 days 24th June directly sent mail to nodal officer saying this is my issue. Got a reply with Service Request number and then after 3 days received reply you need to send KYC documents to ccrekyc@indusind for unblocking. Immediately that day itself sent my Voter ID which according to them was one of the documents to both ccrekyc and nodal.officer@indusind. Got a SR immediately on June 27th but didnt get any reply after that I called CC on July 8th asking for status with the help of SR they said nodal.officer forwarded it to ccrekyc team (I sent to both of them dont know the need of forwarding) and it seems after scrutiny ccrekyc rejected the ReKYC. When I asked the reason for rejection they said they dont know.

I was seriously angry about this behaviour that I immediately raised a complaint against IndusInd to RBI BO and also asked them monetary compensation for going behind this issue for almost a month.

Any idea how long it takes for status of complaint to RBI takes be updated?
Just now I got call from IndusInd he itself asked the date I had sent Voter ID I gave the same. He checked it then said in 2 working days the card will be activated.

Update:
after the amount was credited the account was frozen
asked for kyc docs, I submitted them 2 days back
my mom in a situation that she can't close the account or can't cont... acc with such a worst service
My mom is serious about this as they r taking days and days to close a single request
Visited the branch 2 days back and asked the RM about these all she said she is sending the mails from her end but their internal team is not responding quickly and shown me the emails... to me

what should I do now should I close her account or wait for few more days?
If I close this acc My entire efforts that I had put on this ac for resolving these issues get wasted

how long do they take to unfreeze a newly opened account?

Update:
my mom in a situation that she can't close the account or can't cont... acc with such a worst service
My mom is serious about this as they r taking days and days to close a single request
Visited the branch 2 days back and asked the RM about these all she said she is sending the mails from her end but their internal team is not responding quickly and shown me the emails... to me

If I close this acc My entire efforts that I had put on this ac for resolving these issues get wasted

new account min 5 working days we cant use
call to branch daily else they will keep aside

Update:

Man, I'm literally in tears reading your messages! How could be a private bank who has been in the banking business for decades be so incompetent?! Even SBI goes above and beyond if you escalate an issue to their Branch Manager or register a grievance on their CMS portal.

I've finally dropped my plans to open the Select account. Mental peace is more important than having high FD interest rates and having no NMC.

Man, I'm literally in tears reading your messages! How could be a private bank who has been in the banking business for decades be so incompetent?! Even SBI goes above and beyond if you escalate an issue to their Branch Manager or register a grievance on their CMS portal.

I've finally dropped my plans to open the Select account. Mental peace is more important than having high FD interest rates and having no NMC.
Same here. I had plans to open exclusive and laters maybe Pioneer but now i have dropped the idea.

I am not able to get it why this bank is escaping from the eyes of RBI

I didn't expect this otherwise I'd have stayed away from this bank

Anyways, everything is fine now
There r many banks giving good fd returns now so no need to have this bank's account now for FDs

I'd not suggest anyone to open ac in yhis bank even to my enemy :ROFLMAO:
If u wish to have an acc which can be 0MAB with credit card as surrogate
Try ICICI privillege banking (icici cc limit>4L ) to be eligible for this

Back