• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Worth getting FYF Axis Airtel?

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have Axis Ace offer on GPay app, but I'm not interested in that now because all my transaction are done through Magnus now. But I am now thinking of getting Axis Airtel card, ONLY for paying my Airtel broadband, and recharging my Airtel number. I don't have any invite for this card, but

I have an Airtel broadband connection, and I pay 1600/month i.e Rs.19,200/year. So with 25% cash back and Rs.300 capping, I will save 300 x 12 = Rs.3600/year.

This seems like a very good deal to me. Can someone who has this card confirm if they actually give the cash backs?

Its definitely worth it on a smaller level.

I got it LTF through the airtel app and have been an airtel customer for 17 yrs now
I use it mainly for the 5% cashback on zomato/swiggy/BB and once I hit the 500 cb limit, I switch it over to Millenia for those purchases. While I know millenia also gives 5% CB, i find it much convenient that Airtel Axis just credits them instantly onto the account instead of accruing it and making me redeem like HDFC does.

Apart from this, I guess whenever I recharge any airtel stuff, I use this.

Its not a fantastic card, But it is definitely a great contender for an underrated card

Wow, people are struggling to even apply for this card but you got it LTF through app. I am a 15+ years Airtel customer but they don't offer this for me.
It did not explicityly say LTF in the app. But it clearly did not mention FYF as well and there was no fee as such mentioned anywhere. So I confirmed with CC and they said it was LTF.

I am surprised you did not get it. I initially did not apply at all. I kept getting msgs from airtel asking me to check this out (even though my only airtel expense is Rs 2999 once a year for my prepaid number)

I am surprised you did not get it. I initially did not apply at all. I kept getting msgs from airtel asking me to check this out
I am getting such msgs too from Airtel since Jan. I ignore all SMS and WhatsApp msgs because I am not aware of its rewards. Now when I clicked apply last month, they showed 'sorry you don't have this offer'. Even till today they're sending me offers through SMS and WhatsApp. Did you apply for this on early 2022, that time they're generous to provide this card.

I am getting such msgs too from Airtel since Jan. I ignore all SMS and WhatsApp msgs because I am not aware of its rewards. Now when I clicked apply last month, they showed 'sorry you don't have this offer'. Even till today they're sending me offers through SMS and WhatsApp. Did you apply for this on early 2022, that time they're generous to provide this card.
I used to ignore offers from FED BANK for LTF Celesta (I have my main account with fed bank). Nothing great abt that card to be honest so I never got it. Eventually I thought why not try it out and when I applied they rejected since that offer was not valid anymore. Now their offer for me a pre-approved personal loan with a very high amt lmao.

I got the airtel card by June 30th 2023 this year.

and a month later (end of july), I applied to the vistara card from axis which first said was rejected (confirmed it with Customer care) and a month later I got an email saying it was approved and got both cards now

Its definitely worth it on a smaller level.

I got it LTF through the airtel app and have been an airtel customer for 17 yrs now
I use it mainly for the 5% cashback on zomato/swiggy/BB and once I hit the 500 cb limit, I switch it over to Millenia for those purchases. While I know millenia also gives 5% CB, i find it much convenient that Airtel Axis just credits them instantly onto the account instead of accruing it and making me redeem like HDFC does.

Apart from this, I guess whenever I recharge any airtel stuff, I use this.

Its not a fantastic card, But it is definitely a great contender for an underrated card
Doesn’t it offer 10% for zomato/swiggy ??

sure, I wont apply.. actually no need of it.. Just asking..I have never went into airtel app before.. I normally do one year recharges..
I get 300 on Airtel and 200+ or - in EB and gas depending upon the use. (So 500 CB per month is not bad, remember this is not ER, which is very good. Offset against next month bill or so)

Sample of my current month CB credited for example

1694788359912.png

If you are doing once in a year Airtel, then won't be useful for the 1st benefit but 2nd you can check depending upon your consumption or use.

1. This card will be useful for Airtel Broadband/Black users to save 25% up to 300 every month
2. 10% on EB or Gas up to 300 limit per month.
3. 10% On Swiggy/zomato/BB upto Rs.500/month

1694788112745.png

I had the same issue, my primary number showed the offer but NEVER allowed to apply.

Tried through another number (out of the family plan), which allowed to apply and got it approved.

Only downside is, Upon approval, AXIS will update all your DATA with the new number as your main number into their records and then I had to change the number back to my Primary in AXIS mobile banking.

You can try that route, if you have any additional number on your name.

I had the same issue, my primary number showed the offer but NEVER allowed to apply.

Tried through another number (out of the family plan), which allowed to apply and got it approved.

Only downside is, Upon approval, AXIS will update all your DATA with the new number as your main number into their records and then I had to change the number back to my Primary in AXIS mobile banking.

You can try that route, if you have any additional number on your name.
I have a separate post for this, I have tried 10+ times with another 3 numbers of my family. It goes into application but at the end, it says "incorrect information" no matter how accurate I enter. Many people here face this same issue for over 6 months. I am going to Axis bank branch and give my phone to the agent and ask what is the wrong info, you please check my information and enter the details in my application and apply.

I have a separate post for this, I have tried 10+ times with another 3 numbers of my family. It goes into application but at the end, it says "incorrect information" no matter how accurate I enter. Many people here face this same issue for over 6 months. I am going to Axis bank branch and give my phone to the agent and ask what is the wrong info, you please check my information and enter the details in my application and apply.
Hope you used your PAN number when you tried applying through their phone number/airtel app?

If everything fails for me, I will just apply for one of my family member and use this card for my spends if at all it gets approval. (Changing mobile number in axis mobile app is instant so I will be able to receive OTP to my number only for transactions).

Back