• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Wrong credit card received

Hello

Recently I had applied for cashback credit card through the sprint process. But I believe the application was taken forward by an executive. After physical verification and KYC there was no response from them for some time. Then suddenly one day I receive a message saying Thank you for applying for prime card and next day the same card was approved. I had never applied for a prime card. Further when I received the countersigned application copy the approved card as per the application form was cashback. But I received prime. Now I have posted a query to customer care they keep pushing the dates and do not respond on the committed date. Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction to get a resolution. Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

Looks like one more case of yours where agent changed the card to different card and issued to you.
Have you activate the card?
Try sending email to nodal officer of sbi and tell them you have proof of applying to Cashback card so issue that only.

Hello

Recently I had applied for cashback credit card through the sprint process. But I believe the application was taken forward by an executive. After physical verification and KYC there was no response from them for some time. Then suddenly one day I receive a message saying Thank you for applying for prime card and next day the same card was approved. I had never applied for a prime card. Further when I received the countersigned application copy the approved card as per the application form was cashback. But I received prime. Now I have posted a query to customer care they keep pushing the dates and do not respond on the committed date. Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction to get a resolution. Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance
Do not activate the card.

Send email to nodal officer explaining the issue, and request to have card changed.

I also faced the same issue.

Applied for the SBI Etihad Guest Premier Card but received the regular (Non-premier) card.

Went all the way up to PNO, but to no avail, they would call weeks later and just say that we can't see that you applied for a premier card although I had proof which I sent to them. But it was of no use.

Cheers!

I also had a similar problem. I closed my 3 year Simply Click card and after a year I applied Ola card. I received phone call and shared some documents through WhatsApp, video kyc also completed. After that I received a call that they want to give premium card. Card was IRCTC signature. After reading the reward system I found that card is very useless as too much terms and conditions are there to redeem points.

Fortunately, again I received the same agent's call who helped me to complete the application, said to me that my vkyc has some problems, so need to do vkyc again. There I refused him and told him that I don't need any SBI Card. God saved me from that devil irctc card.

So these are agent's mischiefs

If applied through sprint and kyc taken locally,can we have an option to reverify the form and sign so that agent doesn't change the card?. I plan to apply for cashback card but now nervous on seeing this post :)

If applied through sprint and kyc taken locally,can we have an option to reverify the form and sign so that agent doesn't change the card?. I plan to apply for cashback card but now nervous on seeing this post :)

SBIs agents are straight off crooks with no ethics whatsoever. SBI emails a scanned copy of the application form back to you when your card gets approved. And I was shocked to see that the signatures were not even mine on the form. I never signed for anything on that form. They signed it by themselves. Same happened with my friend as well.

I will try reaching out to the nodal officer for my issue and see where it progresses.

Recently i have applied for sbi cards through agent on phone call because my application through sbi having error therefore i applied for card on phone but i told them i want sbi cashback credit card but they took approval on another card and assuring me that do kyc and after kyc we will call you 2 times for verification purpose and then you can ask us for different card in my case it is sbi cashback credit card.
And one thing she told me lie that i want to do kyc on the same day of the card approval else application will get cancelled but when i tracked my application it is showing i can schedule kyc for next 7 days.

i applied for simply click and receive bpcl card
with out activating it
i call and email to sbi so many time and finally they switch my bpcl to simply click
keep trying on call as well as on email to switch it

too many same kind of issues with SBI only.

I too received same issue.
signed form clearly mentioned SBI cashback, but received BPCL card.
no response from SBI after complaint.
Im not going to activate the card.

too many same kind of issues with SBI only.

I too received same issue.
signed form clearly mentioned SBI cashback, but received BPCL card.
no response from SBI after complaint.
Im not going to activate the card.
Doesn't matter whether you have activated the card or not, they levy joining fee. So do make sure to cancel the card & that too before due date.

I was recently missold SBI Elite as LTF & was charged joining fee after card issuance. I had screnshot & phone recording to prove that I was missold and even after multiple escalations they just kept denying the same.

Finally I went ahead and cancelled the card. Since this happened post due date SBI had already reported to CIBIL that I missed my payment and that resulted in my CIBIL score dropping by >70 points.

Doesn't matter whether you have activated the card or not, they levy joining fee. So do make sure to cancel the card & that too before due date.

I was recently missold SBI Elite as LTF & was charged joining fee after card issuance. I had screnshot & phone recording to prove that I was missold and even after multiple escalations they just kept denying the same.

Finally I went ahead and cancelled the card. Since this happened post due date SBI had already reported to CIBIL that I missed my payment and that resulted in my CIBIL score dropping by >70 points.
Then escalate it.
That's a big hit!

Back