• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Your First Credit Card Story - How did you get your first credit card?

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hello every,
The first credit card is special for everyone. We all remember the experience of getting our first card 😃
Let's share our first credit card experience...
My experience-
My first credit card was ICICI HPCL Coral, which I received in 2015. My home address at that time did not fall within any bank's serviceable area, so they asked me to apply for credit card against FD. But I needed an unsecured credit card, so I talked to my branch manager and I told him I needed an unsecured card.
He told me that... we can give you an unsecured card but for that you have to purchase an ICICI Prudential Ulip policy of Rs. 2 lakhs (minimum).
At that time I desperately needed a credit card because my business was in USA and I needed a credit card for its payment. I was unemployed that time with zero CIBIL score, No bank was offering me a credit card so I had purchased a policy of two lakh rupees at that time and got my first ever credit card ICICI HPCL coral credit card (chargeable), later icici converted that card to a lifetime free hpcl coral credit card and I'm still holding that one 😄

Last edited:

prc1990

TF Legend
Please note One thing you should have a ICICI Bank account or credit card for this and refresh everyday is may be not permanent,
but it's working fine for me in this April month (Only on iMobile app)
Checked already, no option to check credit score. Only available to the one having savings/salary account.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I feel its not that hard to get cards up to certain level, but after that you need to have that ITR requirement or it gets difficult. So, at least I would probably end up stopping in some mid-range area. For infinia like card I will need ITR or 11lacs FD. That's far too much. :ROFLMAO:

parmeet

TF Buzz
Please note One thing you should have a ICICI Bank account or credit card for this and refresh everyday is may be not permanent,
but it's working fine for me in this April month (Only on iMobile app)
Where can we find the option of checking credit score in imobile . I can't the option. Can you share the screenshot in the menu where the option is available.

leo77g

TF Buzz
I only have 1 cc it is OneCard i got on 25th march xD pre approved metal 15k limit mind that i dont have income but i kept using OneScore app of theirs to check score for a long time and it gave me a notification saying i am pre approved for metal version with 15k limit i just clicked a took at that moment xD was very shocked and 2 days ago on 4th april i got kotak 811 message saying im pre approved for their league credit card i applied it only asked for address nothing else i hope i get it as well haha xD and i only have 811 0 balance acc of kotak not even any premium version lol 2022 is turning out to be great year

dealsindia2018

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

I am new to this community.

My first card was way back in 2008, HDFC Card, was just 21 at that time .
Had good banking relations with HDFC so was easy to acquire it.
HDFC had just started issuing cards in our area.
No other banks issued as it wasn't serviceable area.
Still many banks don't issue till date in our area.

Holding the first card currently as HDFC INFINIA, so its 14 years with HDFC.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Hi All,

I am new to this community.

My first card was way back in 2008, HDFC Card, was just 21 at that time .
Had good banking relations with HDFC so was easy to acquire it.
HDFC had just started issuing cards in our area.
No other banks issued as it wasn't serviceable area.
Still many banks don't issue till date in our area.

Holding the first card currently as HDFC INFINIA, so its 14 years with HDFC.
Your first card was infinia? :oops:

sampatir

TF Select
Seems most of folks younger. My first card was from hsbc in 2007 and took icici card in same month. Still I am not holding any of the super premium cards from the list for which the new vip lounge group is created here

ash

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Got my first card in September'20. It was an HDFC Regalia with my Salary Account at 21yo. Currently thinking about trying to upgrade it to DCB or Infinia but cannot justify the annual fees.