• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Your thoughts on Flipkart VIP ?

But here Scamkart is at fault, Amz doesn't work like this at least as of now, price differentiation is not good, one should give public statment before implementing such cheap tactics,
that there will be price differentiation based on accounts.

Well, don't be so sure! ....

For last several years Amazon grocery purchases at my small town is being exclusively sourced from a local 'More' supermarket (Amazon-owned). As a result choices became extremely limited, store-brand products are often poor quality, and prices are typically high (sometimes absurdly so). So I rarely place a grocery order with them these days.

Be that as it may, one evening a few months back I stopped short of placing a grocery order on my cart because the prices seemed too high in comparison with local offline stores. --- My Prime membership happened to expire that day, and I chose not to renew it due to my overall level of satisfaction with Amazon.

Next morning I was not a Prime member anymore, and I was amazed to find that my grocery cart prices came down drastically overnight to be in sync with the local market conditions! ... I started wondering whether Amazon actually (at least partially) finance their Prime service costs this way! Needless to say I never went back to the Prime membership again.

Of course, this was an one-off experience and there is no easy way for me to repeat the experiment to be absolutely sure. But Amazon have lost my trust and respect bigtime that day, and I don't place them on a higher pedestal compared to anybody else anymore.

... My overall Amazon orders have drastically decreased ever since.

Last edited:

In recent times Amazon grocery purchases at my small town is exclusively sourced from a local 'More' supermarket (Amazon-owned). As a result choices became extremely limited, store-brand products are often poor quality, and prices are typically high (sometimes absurdly so). So I rarely place a grocery order with them these days.

Be that as it may, one evening a few months back I stopped short of placing a grocery order on my cart because the prices seemed too high in comparison with local offline stores. --- My Prime membership happened to expire that day, and I chose not to renew it due to my overall level of satisfaction with Amazon.

Next morning I was not a Prime member anymore, and I was amazed to find that my grocery cart prices came down drastically overnight to be in sync with the local market conditions! ... I started wondering whether Amazon actually (at least partially) finance their Prime service costs this way! Needless to say I never went back to the Prime membership again.

Of course, this was an one-off experience and there is no easy way for me to repeat the experiment to be absolutely sure. But Amazon have lost my trust and respect bigtime that day, and I don't place them on a higher pedestal compared to anybody else anymore.

I haven't ordered a single time through Amz Fresh due to high price and limited products.

I have ordered n number of times from Flipkart. Also, I have found there was geographical price differentiation, price of metro city was > newly introduced pincode in the list of Flipkart Grocery.

Amazon Prime annual subscription is not that worth in my opinion as well. Shopping edition is more than enough.

For last several years Amazon grocery purchases at my small town is being exclusively sourced from a local 'More' supermarket (Amazon-owned). As a result choices became extremely limited, store-brand products are often poor quality, and prices are typically high (sometimes absurdly so). So I rarely place a grocery order with them these days.

Next day was salary week / month end? 🤷‍♂️

I prefer amazon any day over F_K except for groceries. As fresh is not available, Reliance Smart is just 4km ride and instant.

I have ordered n number of times from Flipkart. Also, I have found there was geographical price differentiation, price of metro city was > newly introduced pincode in the list of Flipkart Grocery.

My go-to online grocery store these days is also Flipkart, -- miles ahead of Amazon now in my hometown. Immense variety (a thousand times more than 'More' (a.k.a. Amazon Fresh)) at much better prices, delivered next day in sealed plastic boxes at my doorstep. No damages, no pilferage. Happy so far.

Amazon have just ruined their own grocery business themselves in my town!

Another area Flipkart are miles ahead of Amazon is the online pharmacy business.

My go-to online grocery store these days is also Flipkart, -- miles ahead of Amazon now in my hometown. Immense variety (a thousand times more than 'More' (a.k.a. Amazon Fresh)) at much better prices, delivered next day in sealed plastic boxes at my doorstep. No damages, no pilferage. Happy so far.

Another area Flipkart are miles ahead of Amazon is the online pharmacy business.
Sealed plastic boxes?
You are supposed to return them, after emptying 🤭
May be local area operator does not know this yet...

Sealed plastic boxes?
You are supposed to return them, after emptying 🤭
May be local area operator does not know this yet...

Maybe my description was a bit confusing?

My groceries are brought to my doorstep in sealed plastic boxes which are opened in front of me and the contents are then emptied for me to take inside. They of course take back the plastic boxes.

Clearer this time?

Yep, I do agree! 🙂

Back