• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Zomato Classic Edition credit card application declined😥😥😥 and my story with this process

ZappyRed

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,
This post is in regards to the strict policies by Zomato to issue its user a credit card. I applied for it today, I feel I meet all the eligibility criteria to get a card from them, even then they declined my application. A few details about me and the experience with this process:

I am 26 yo with a good cibil in the range of 770-785 and I had a good CUR. I also used to order from Zomato frequently. No failed payments on my cibil report. While applying for this card, I entered my mobile number DOB and PAN. Even without checking my cibil score they have declined the application. I came to know that I received no OTP to grant them a permission from my side to check my cibil score. If they declined my application on my location, I live in Central Delhi and it is a prime location. My friend's card approved from the same location. I used to order frequently from Zomato like 2 orders worth at least 500 per order per month. So, I believe they have no central criteria for accepting or rejecting an application. I already have Amazon Pay card(Limit 6.5lakh), Onecard from South Indian Bank(3.2lakh), Flipkart axis card(1.8lakh) and Axis My zone card(Shared limit with Faxis card). I have a credit history of 3 years. May be because of the overwhelming applications they received/invited they are declining just like that. To know more, I called up RBL Bank and explained them the same, but they told that they didn't even receive the application from Zomato, after which I requested a call from their senior support team for which I got a called from a person, who claimed himself to be a senior support executive and he told that they were not having any details of mine with them. Usually they will receive the details as soon as we apply from Zomato app with a maximum delay of 10mins as it is automatically processed by zomato end to RBL Bank. But in my case RBL Bank didn't even receive my details to even consider my application. That executive told me that, first the application will be pre-processed by Zomato with all the limited information they have about us with them like Phone number, No of orders per month, Value of orders per month, interaction with zomato and all even small details like location and stuff like that. After that they will decide and give a YES/NO and then share the details with RBL bank. So from this info I came to know that my application got failed in so-called Zomato's Algorithm's pre-check test. I requested the Zomato chat support team agents a number of times to reset my cc application for which they said they can't do it and I will have to wait for an invite to be rolled again at a later point of time(They didn't tell the time).
BTW, I am ordering from Zomato from 2017(Yes, quite old customer).
I believe Zomato is making it exclusive for some customers only after they started to get overwhelming invitation requests from its users. I have to wait and see if I will get an invite soon in the near future.

PS: Also the chat support agents will tell that the card is declined by bank, but I feel bank has nothing to do with it, because it got failed in their pre-check. I think Swiggy should start issuing a credit card in competition to Zomato by partnering with some well-known bank. It will be a saviour for people like us 😂.

Anyways, who got the card approved, Congratulations from my side!

Good bye!

Back