• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Bills not giving Cashback with Airtel Axis Credit Card

soulwripper

TF Buzz
I have been using Airtel Axis Credit card for payment of my Airtel Phone as well as Black bills. However when the statement arrived this month, i could see that both the bills are counted as part of Utilities section for 10% cashback and not the 25% section as in the terms and condition. This has been happening for more than 2 statements now and the cashback is not correct. Does anyone have an idea on how to resolve this? Does any mail help? If yes, can some one share the deets for the same. Attaching the latest mail reply that i have got. Note: I have been using the Airtel thanks app for bill payment and have setup an auto debit for my Airtel Black Bill.

"According to our record, the transactions of Rs 1720/- made on March 18, 2024 and Rs 719/- made on April 11, 2024 are classified as utilities bill payments. Therefore, if you use the Airtel Thanks app to pay your utility bill, you won't get a 25% cashback. On the other hand, you will be rewarded with 10% cashback.

Cashback will be allocated for credit card transactions depending on merchant category codes.

Merchant category codes are not assigned by banks, but rather by the merchant's acquiring bank, according to definitions provided by the networks. The bank is given the MCC code for every transaction in the settlement file by the network, but it cannot determine or modify it.

We really appreciate your cooperation and patience in the interim."

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
I have been using Airtel Axis Credit card for payment of my Airtel Phone as well as Black bills. However when the statement arrived this month, i could see that both the bills are counted as part of Utilities section for 10% cashback and not the 25% section as in the terms and condition. This has been happening for more than 2 statements now and the cashback is not correct. Does anyone have an idea on how to resolve this? Does any mail help? If yes, can some one share the deets for the same. Attaching the latest mail reply that i have got. Note: I have been using the Airtel thanks app for bill payment and have setup an auto debit for my Airtel Black Bill.

"According to our record, the transactions of Rs 1720/- made on March 18, 2024 and Rs 719/- made on April 11, 2024 are classified as utilities bill payments. Therefore, if you use the Airtel Thanks app to pay your utility bill, you won't get a 25% cashback. On the other hand, you will be rewarded with 10% cashback.

Cashback will be allocated for credit card transactions depending on merchant category codes.

Merchant category codes are not assigned by banks, but rather by the merchant's acquiring bank, according to definitions provided by the networks. The bank is given the MCC code for every transaction in the settlement file by the network, but it cannot determine or modify it.

First of All check Money Manager Section in Netbanking/Mobile Banking

If Money Manager classfied both Payments under "Mobile Bill Payments" Category then Txns are eligible for 25%.

First Check Category shown by Money Manager and let us Know.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

You should check the page "Account -> transactions -> recharges and bills"
If it comes there take a screenshot and escalate this to Nodal team. You have used Airtel Thanks app and you are not responsible if the Bank tag it with wrong MCC.

ccdc

TF Ace
First of All check Money Manager Section in Netbanking/Mobile Banking

If Money Manager classfied both Payments under "Mobile Bill Payments" Category then Txns are eligible for 25%.

First Check Category shown by Money Manager and let us Know.
is someone doesn't have netbanking etc...just airtel thanks app...how to check on the app?

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
can you share pdf for this? customer care updated this on mail:
"As per the records, the transaction of Rs. 1,334.99 dated 16-03-2024 is considered an utility payment under merchant category code (MCC) 4900."
No PDF.

This is my Observation since Airtel Card was Launched😉

Earlier Airtel Wallet was tagging 4814 and I was getting Perfect Rs.300 every Month😂

Airtel is now tagging Proper MCC, Do not How your Airtel Payment marked under Different MCC. If you did Airtel Black Payments then You Must have got Payment Recipt over E-Mail. Share Recipt with Axis and ask them to Credit 25% ,if Axis deny RBI BO is always there, draft a Proper Worded complaint and explain your Case

MCC 4814 is used for Merchant Providing Telecommunication Services which means Payment Made for Services Provided by AIRTEL- A Telecom Company

soulwripper

TF Buzz
No PDF.

This is my Observation since Airtel Card was Launched😉

Earlier Airtel Wallet was tagging 4814 and I was getting Perfect Rs.300 every Month😂

Airtel is now tagging Proper MCC, Do not How your Airtel Payment marked under Different MCC. If you did Airtel Black Payments then You Must have got Payment Recipt over E-Mail. Share Recipt with Axis and ask them to Credit 25% ,if Axis deny RBI BO is always there, draft a Proper Worded complaint and explain your Case

MCC 4814 is used for Merchant Providing Telecommunication Services which means Payment Made for Services Provided by AIRTEL- A Telecom Company
have raised the issue with nodal, will wait for the response and then proceed if they dont pay.

soulwripper

TF Buzz
For my statement this month, the Airtel postpaid bill payment was tagged as "utilities". These prehistoric cashback calculators with this bank needs to be revamped.
They are doing it across multiple users it seems, dont think they will process all the pending cashback when the issue is fixed or they even plan to fix it.

soulwripper

TF Buzz
Update:Even the nodal officer does not respond to mails 2 days after notification 😂😂 what a mess of a**hole merchant and Bank we have to deal with

mrbanker

TF Select
Airtel and Axis both do weird stuff from time to time. Once they approved and delivered me their Airtel card and then cancelled the card from their end within a couple of days of delivery. No proper reason provided by either when asked. I let it go instead of wasting time with those weirdos😆

shashank08

TF Premier
I received proper cashback for last month.
I paid 1326 airtel black bill and 3120 electricity bill and received 600 as cashback in calculation.

@VISHESH_BANSAL do you have guidance how to pay partial bill of airtel black using airtel thanks app?
I want to pay 1000 using airtel axis card and rest 330 using some other app like amazon pay or tata neu.

krishc

TF Ace
apologies, if it has been already explained somewhere !!
my query is whether we get 10% utilities cashback on doing Jio/Vi recharges from airtel thanks using airtel axis card ?

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I did get 25% cb on airtel fiber prepaid last month; even with utility tag.
25% of 943 + 10 % of 202 = 255 (SS attached)
In the previous month, however, airtel prepaid sim recharge only gave 10% with same merchant name and utility tag

Attachments

• 1715105571457.png
    1715105571457.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 37