• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggesting for BOB easy LE and upgrade

the_collector

TF Premier
Hi All,

I have a BOB easy rupay card rarely used because of the extremely low limit provided.

I recieved the card with a limit of 30k and they increased it to 39k in 1 year :)

Because of BOB's stupid policies, you can only request for LE after a year from the previous LE.

Luckily, that time is now for me.

I reached out to CC via email for LE and upgrade to premier.
They said 1L is minimum for upgrade to premier and the max that they can increase my current limit is to 55,000 and that too with a cibil hit.

I seriously don't understand what these guys are doing. I have cards with limits of 5L and 4.2L and how is 55k going to help.

I reverted back asking to reconsider but is there anything I can do? Has anyone been in a similar situation and got out of it?

I don't want to take the 55k LE and then again wait a whole year for the next.

Side note : anyone with this card, facing issues on Amazon? For example whenever I go to pay on Amazon the card fails and it never even reaches the OTP screen.

anonymuos

TF Ace
Are they asking for income docs too or just saying there will be a cibil hit ? 39K to 55K for just a cibil hit sounds OK to me, at least they're not asking ₹100+GST like Kotak 😂🤣🤣

For the Amazon issue, delete the saved card and never ever save any card as Amazon and their payment gateway has buggy tokenization, transactions fail even as it fails to save the card

the_collector

TF Premier
Are they asking for income docs too or just saying there will be a cibil hit ? 39K to 55K for just a cibil hit sounds OK to me, at least they're not asking ₹100+GST like Kotak 😂🤣🤣

For the Amazon issue, delete the saved card and never ever save any card as Amazon and their payment gateway has buggy tokenization, transactions fail even as it fails to save the card
This is what they sent -

we would like to inform you that for upgrade card into PREMIER card, minimum limit is required 1 lacs and your existing limit is 39000/- as per internal policy guidelines & as per your existing limit we can increase limit from minimum 46800 to maximum up to 54600(depends on credit bureau report and card profile), Hence we are unable to upgrade card into PREMIER card, but we can enhance limit on your existing card.

I dont see how you're saying this is good😅 , not as bad as kotak with the 100+gst but this is almost insulting given the limits I have on other cards. Plus their policy of not giving an LE until 1 year has passed from previous LE.
Wanted to use this card multiple times, but didn't because of the low limit.

Also with Amazon, are you sure it has to do with saving card? All my other cards ( icici, amex, kotak, etc. ) work well after being saved , that's why I find this a bit irritating with bob and I've been facing this from day one.

anonymuos

TF Ace
Well BOB is known to give a lot of people low limits. They gave me ₹25000 on BOB Select even though I had 3L on IndusInd Legend. Then after 17 months they gave auto LE to 32,500 in Feb this year. Now I guess I will have to wait again and it won't cross 50K still probably. But they have aggressive offers so I use the card, pay and again use it. Got 4 add-ons and 2 core BOB cards to loot offers.

Yes I can't do a single big txn with BOB Card but the other 21 cards are enough for that. My point is this is the best we can do about them - look at the glass half full, not half empty and take whatever LE they give. In a few years, it will cross 1L.

If you feel insulted, close it :D

Deleting the saved card and never saving it worked for me.

the_collector

TF Premier
Well BOB is known to give a lot of people low limits. They gave me ₹25000 on BOB Select even though I had 3L on IndusInd Legend. Then after 17 months they gave auto LE to 32,500 in Feb this year. Now I guess I will have to wait again and it won't cross 50K still probably. But they have aggressive offers so I use the card, pay and again use it. Got 4 add-ons and 2 core BOB cards to loot offers.

Yes I can't do a single big txn with BOB Card but the other 21 cards are enough for that. My point is this is the best we can do about them - look at the glass half full, not half empty and take whatever LE they give. In a few years, it will cross 1L.

If you feel insulted, close it :D

Deleting the saved card and never saving it worked for me.
Yeah the only thing keeping me from disposing it is the offers they have and constantly run. Rewards wise it's useless.

I'm just saying that they should have a system in place to enhance limit with income docs or other cards. Its only business lost for them when they have their policies set this way.

Ill try the deleting card method and not tokenising it the next time around, thanks a lot :)

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
This is what they sent -

we would like to inform you that for upgrade card into PREMIER card, minimum limit is required 1 lacs and your existing limit is 39000/- as per internal policy guidelines & as per your existing limit we can increase limit from minimum 46800 to maximum up to 54600(depends on credit bureau report and card profile), Hence we are unable to upgrade card into PREMIER card, but we can enhance limit on your existing card.

I dont see how you're saying this is good😅 , not as bad as kotak with the 100+gst but this is almost insulting given the limits I have on other cards. Plus their policy of not giving an LE until 1 year has passed from previous LE.
Wanted to use this card multiple times, but didn't because of the low limit.

Also with Amazon, are you sure it has to do with saving card? All my other cards ( icici, amex, kotak, etc. ) work well after being saved , that's why I find this a bit irritating with bob and I've been facing this from day one.
I got upgraded from easy rupay to premier rupay two years ago...after mailing them... . With just 30 k limit... After 2 years the limit is still 41k....

the_collector

TF Premier
I got upgraded from easy rupay to premier rupay two years ago...after mailing them... . With just 30 k limit... After 2 years the limit is still 41k....
:0

Do you mind sharing the email If you have it and how did they approve?

They're very strict with the 1L limit for premier as all the emails I sent I got that in response

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
:0

Do you mind sharing the email If you have it and how did they approve?

They're very strict with the 1L limit for premier as all the emails I sent I got that in response
I just requested to upgrade to premier rupay....from easy rupay.. . They sent the upgrade form..... In one mail... And it was done in two three days... I was also quite surprised by the response.... It was my first credit card..

Now things might have changed as they have lot of customers now.. Two years ago... It was not the case..

My two years old post