• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Satirical Post by an redditor about ULIP and infinia

pranjal1984

TF Premier
How to negotiate with the HDFC Bank to convert Reg Gold to lTF?
Mine was done by Musu Bhai's associate maybe to show his power and influence. Ok you need LTF. Just wait 2 secs. OK I have made it LTF and immediately I got service request from HDFC. I confirmed the same over mail. For normal cases, customers having HDFC salary accounts are easily getting RG LTF.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
How much was it and what did you get in return?

Forgot to elaborate on this point.. what I got in return...

DIrectly:
1) Infinia FYF
2) thru my contacts, realtionship and charm - Got Infinia Metal LTF
3) Imperia status forever with Lifetime 0 AMB balance , two SB accounts.
4) Free locker from next year onwards ..

Indirectly:

1) Spent Rs 0 using normal HDFC CCs because Infinia Metal is my first ever HDFC CC.
2) Freed up my existing TRV of 15 Lakhs and invested elsewhere.
3) Saved a minimum of 5 years in time and avoided a total of 30 L spending on lowly rewarded HDFC CCs (had I gone thru traditional upgrade method)
4) Constant begging with HDFC for limits and upgrades.. I highly value this point because I never like begging , instead, I want them to beg me for my business.. Now I get every service door delivered or digitally delivered to me..
For the record I never visited branch... ( only once that too on my own will , because I want to stretch my legs for about 50m...)

Last edited:

shivamk

TF Ace
Regalia Gold can be obtained in many other ways with relative ease.. do some research...
Will do, I am aware of the employer thing but my company doesn't have tie up with HDFC for CC due to conflict of interest.

I will try to search for other options. Would highly appreciate if you could help with some pointers to start with, if possible. Thanks!

rohitsinha

TF Select
Thumb rule - buy ULIP if it fit's your investment and not biased due to card.
Understand some facts like
Drawbacks of ULIP -
1. Lock in period
2. mortality rate - don't ever but at high age
3. Have to read doc thoroughly for hidden charges
Advantages -
1. Some like Aditya Birla ULIPs can beat many mutual funds ( subject to plan and market). But generally due to additional charges especially at higher ages suffer a lot from mortality rate and hidden charges.
2. Tax Saving ( Not just 1.5 L exemption). The returns are tax free too if they meet certain criteria. Capital gain (10%) saved. But beyond that, if you are on border of 50L, or 1Cr. This amount may be the difference whether surcharge is levied or not or amount of surcharge. And believe me, surcharge is not applied on amount above 50L. It's applied on total tax paid. 49L guy would be make more in hand than 51L guy based on it ( there are exceptions too)
Also ULIPs are for long term. Don't expect short term gains from it.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Forgot to elaborate on this point.. what I got in return...

DIrectly:
1) Infinia FYF
2) thru my contacts, realtionship and charm - Got Infinia Metal LTF
3) IMperia status forever with Lifetime 0 AMB balance , two SB accounts.
4) Free locker next year

Indirect:
1) Spent Rs 0 using HDFC CC..
2) Freed up my existing TRV of 15 Lakhs and invested elsewhere.
3) Saved a minum of 5 years in time and avaoided a total of 30 L spending on lowly rated HDFC CCs (had I gone thru traditional upgrade method)
4) Constant begging with HDFC for limits and upgrades.. I highly value this point because i never like begging , instead I want them to beg me for my business.. Now I get every service door delivered or digitally delivered to me
This is what banking is 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏

Shin-Chan

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Anyone new to ULIP must understand the instrument and if it make sense its fine; ULIP route is 10x better than FD route do your own calculations.

Also to add if anyone considering ULIPs do your research around charges specially "MORTALITY CHARGES".

At the end of the day its your money and your decision. Long story short listen to SSV sir and read between the lines you will save lot of money and time.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Anyone new to ULIP must understand the instrument and if it make sense its fine; ULIP route is 10x better than FD route do your own calculations.

Also to add if anyone considering ULIPs do your research around charges specially "MORTALITY CHARGES".

At the end of the day its your money and your decision. Long story short listen to SSV sir and read between the lines you will save lot of money and time.
As Banks exploit customers, we need to exploit them from our stand point of view...
I will explain all this , in my ULIP update with numbers ( facts) in about 45 to 60 days in a sperate thread...