• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia šŸŒŸ My Journey to the HDFC Infinia Metal Card: A Story of Persistence

rounakbhowmik

TF Select
VIP Lounge
1723834179429.jpeg
  • College Days: Iā€™ve always been fascinated by credit cards, starting with my first one with icici salary account , an ICICI Platinum with a 30k limit, which I got in February 2020. It wasnā€™t much, but it felt like a big deal at the time.
  • Chasing the Millennia: A bit later, I set my sights on the HDFC Millennia card. @TechnoFino suggested I open a Max Savings Account with HDFC, so I did. But just as I was ready to apply, HDFC stopped issuing new cards due to RBI guidelines. Talk about bad timing!
  • Finally, Some Progress: After waiting for what felt like forever (8-9 months), early 2021 arrived, and I finally got a pre-approved offer for the Millennia card with a limit between 50k-1 lakh. It was a chargeable card, but I managed to spend enough within the first 90 days to get it converted to a lifetime free card. That felt like a win.
  • New Job, New Hopes: In July 2022, I started a new job with a decent salary (around 1.5-2.5L in hand). Feeling pretty confident, I approached my BM to see if I could get the Infinia card. Unfortunately, they said my salary wasnā€™t high enough. That was a bit of a letdown.
  • Not Giving Up: I wasnā€™t ready to give up, so I escalated my request to the grievance team and even sent them my last three monthsā€™ salary slips. They still said no to the Infinia LTF but offered me a Diners Black card instead. After some back-and-forth, I accepted the Diners Black as an LTF card.
  • Reality Hits: I quickly realized that the Diners Black card was a hassleā€”so many merchants, both online and offline, didnā€™t accept it. I contacted the grievance team again, asking for an upgrade to the Infinia card, but they declined.
  • Persistence Pays Off: After spending nearly 13 lakh on the Diners Black card over a year, I tried one more time to get the Infinia, but grievance team denied my requests.
  • A Lucky Break: Then, something lucky happened. A new HDFC branch opened near my home, and the BM there was someone I knew. I explained my situation, and he agreed to help. Normally, to upgrade to Infinia, you need to spend at least 7.5 lakhs in 6 months and have a 10 lakh limit on your Diners Club Black. I didnā€™t meet the second criteria, but the BM decided to push my request to the higher-ups anyway, based on my banking relationship, a 5 lakh FD, and regular account maintenance(preferred Group).
  • The Final Win: After a few weeks of waiting, they offered me the Infinia cardā€”not LTF, but chargeable. I accepted, and after another month of waiting, the Infinia Metal card finally arrived at my home.
Final Thoughts: Holding that card was surreal. It had been a long journey with its fair share of ups and downs, but in the end, I got what I wanted. It just goes to show that persistence really does pay off.

View attachment 65279
  • College Days: Iā€™ve always been fascinated by credit cards, starting with my first one with icici salary account , an ICICI Platinum with a 30k limit, which I got in February 2020. It wasnā€™t much, but it felt like a big deal at the time.
  • Chasing the Millennia: A bit later, I set my sights on the HDFC Millennia card. @TechnoFino suggested I open a Max Savings Account with HDFC, so I did. But just as I was ready to apply, HDFC stopped issuing new cards due to RBI guidelines. Talk about bad timing!
  • Finally, Some Progress: After waiting for what felt like forever (8-9 months), early 2021 arrived, and I finally got a pre-approved offer for the Millennia card with a limit between 50k-1 lakh. It was a chargeable card, but I managed to spend enough within the first 90 days to get it converted to a lifetime free card. That felt like a win.
  • New Job, New Hopes: In July 2022, I started a new job with a decent salary (around 1.5-2.5L in hand). Feeling pretty confident, I approached my BM to see if I could get the Infinia card. Unfortunately, they said my salary wasnā€™t high enough. That was a bit of a letdown.
  • Not Giving Up: I wasnā€™t ready to give up, so I escalated my request to the grievance team and even sent them my last three monthsā€™ salary slips. They still said no to the Infinia LTF but offered me a Diners Black card instead. After some back-and-forth, I accepted the Diners Black as an LTF card.
  • Reality Hits: I quickly realized that the Diners Black card was a hassleā€”so many merchants, both online and offline, didnā€™t accept it. I contacted the grievance team again, asking for an upgrade to the Infinia card, but they declined.
  • Persistence Pays Off: After spending nearly 13 lakh on the Diners Black card over a year, I tried one more time to get the Infinia, but grievance team denied my requests.
  • A Lucky Break: Then, something lucky happened. A new HDFC branch opened near my home, and the BM there was someone I knew. I explained my situation, and he agreed to help. Normally, to upgrade to Infinia, you need to spend at least 7.5 lakhs in 6 months and have a 10 lakh limit on your Diners Club Black. I didnā€™t meet the second criteria, but the BM decided to push my request to the higher-ups anyway, based on my banking relationship, a 5 lakh FD, and regular account maintenance(preferred Group).
  • The Final Win: After a few weeks of waiting, they offered me the Infinia cardā€”not LTF, but chargeable. I accepted, and after another month of waiting, the Infinia Metal card finally arrived at my home.
Final Thoughts: Holding that card was surreal. It had been a long journey with its fair share of ups and downs, but in the end, I got what I wanted. It just goes to show that persistence really does pay off.
Congratulations šŸŽ‰ on the approval of Infinia card.

Congratulations on the win my dude. But the fact that you said " , I started a new job with a decent salary (around 1.5-2.5L in hand)." If 1.5-2L in hand is a decent salary that too in 2022 , then I don't know what 50-80k is šŸ˜šŸ˜ . Looks like a long way to go .

Ima call my salary as " not decent " from now on and im gonna aim for a decent salary by next year.

P.s just for fun.

View attachment 65279
Bhai what efforts you had to make for taking DCB as LTF?

View attachment 65279
Congratulations on Infinia.Im pretty much in the same situation. Being offered DCB black , but I'm not sure if it's widely accepted.
What were your challenges in acceptance of DCB?

Congratulations on Infinia.Im pretty much in the same situation. Being offered DCB black , but I'm not sure if it's widely accepted.
Mate, DCB is actually quite widely accepted, at least in India. Sometimes, you find some smaller places, or some websites, that don't accept it, but that is an exception, not the rule.

If you are getting DCB, and also kn that Infinia is not in sight, DCB is a great choice.

Mate, DCB is actually quite widely accepted, at least in India. Sometimes, you find some smaller places, or some websites, that don't accept it, but that is an exception, not the rule.

If you are getting DCB, and also kn that Infinia is not in sight, DCB is a great choice.
That is great to hear bhai. Also in our forum, someone said that if you keep regalia gold then you have better chances of getting infinia rather than from DCB to infinia, is this fact true or not ?

To be frank, there were a couple of places where DCB wasnā€™t accepted. Itā€™s tough to keep using it in the long run. But if youā€™re in the same boat, Iā€™d suggest going for DCBā€”it makes it easier to get Infinia later on.

Please go through the post again brother
Apka salary account tha. In my case it is savings account only. We all are here to help and not to point out things to each other. I already read the message that is why i asked is there something else to do to get DCB LTF. All people in this forum won't align with your situation always.

View attachment 65279
Congratulations and well done

Apka salary account tha. In my case it is savings account only. We all are here to help and not to point out things to each other. I already read the message that is why i asked is there something else to do to get DCB LTF. All people in this forum won't align with your situation always.
No no savings account tha

View attachment 65279
I am lucky I don't have to struggle.
I qualify for a paid Infinia, now wondering whether or not I should take it for 14750 every year, considering I have Magnus Burgundy and almost all the other high rewarding cards

I donā€™t think you need ..
You have mother of all cards
I think you should use INFINIA for
1. Hotels 10x (both domestic and international) for 33.33% return on spends upto Rs.49950 per day or month for 1665 (1x) + 14985 (9x) points
2. Amazon pay for 16.66-2.95=13.71% return.
3. Pharmeasy 10x for 33.33% return on spends upto Rs.49950 per day or month for 1665 (1x) + 14985 (9x) points

And use Magnus Burgundy for
1. Flights 5x (both domestic and international) for 24% return below 2 lacs/month + 14% return on balance amount above 2 lacs/month
2. Large expenses over 1.5 lacs in a month for 14% return
3. Eazydiner 30% discount 900 to 1000 on 3000 to 3333

Any more use cases for both these cards?

Last edited:
Back